Buffalo News reporting Byrd wants traded by Oct. 29 deadline

YoloinOhio

I personally think this PF story is a whole heaping pile of BS, being used as an excuse for him not to play here. Other teams will do their homework and realize what happened. I'm sure he will have absolutely NO problem at all sprinting to his new team as a disability faker sheds his crutches or wheelchair.

If they think he's goldbricking, they should threaten him with suspension. That might get him on the field a little sooner.

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they think he's goldbricking, they should threaten him with suspension. That might get him on the field a little sooner.

That ought to go over well. You guys should send your resumes to the front office. I'm sure they are looking for vindictive types to come in and work for them as special operatives so they can treat grown men like toddlers.

That ought to go over well. You guys should send your resumes to the front office. I'm sure they are looking for vindictive types to come in and work for them as special operatives so they can treat grown men like toddlers.

This. C'mon, folks. Apparently Byrd's feet bothered him last season. Could he play with it? Maybe, maybe not. It's his call and his coaches, but at least, the benefit of the doubt seems called for. And everyone knows being threatened is so motivational for guys who have millions of dollars and haven't squandered it all at Cheesecake Factory

This. C'mon, folks. Apparently Byrd's feet bothered him last season. Could he play with it? Maybe, maybe not. It's his call and his coaches, but at least, the benefit of the doubt seems called for. And everyone knows being threatened is so motivational for guys who have millions of dollars and haven't squandered it all at Cheesecake Factory

Like I said, "if they think he's goldbricking." Losing a game check is a very powerful motivator. Not to mention that making up an excuse to avoid playing and still cashing your check isn't very mature.

Like I said, "if they think he's goldbricking." Losing a game check is a very powerful motivator. Not to mention that making up an excuse to avoid playing and still cashing your check isn't very mature.

never going to happen. plantar faciitis is IMPOSSIBLE to prove someone is faking. he obviously has it. you can not suspend an injured player.

never going to happen. plantar faciitis is IMPOSSIBLE to prove someone is faking. he obviously has it. you can not suspend an injured player.

Let me state that I don't believe he is faking it. Again I think that admitting he has PF and had it last year really hurts him in terms of securing a long-term contract now or in the future, if it doesn't go away. I was just saying if the team thinks he's faking.

Let me state that I don't believe he is faking it. Again I think that admitting he has PF and had it last year really hurts him in terms of securing a long-term contract now or in the future, if it doesn't go away. I was just saying if the team thinks he's faking.

the team is thinking how come he played with this injury all last season and now, after 8 months rest, he can't play this season ?

the team is thinking how come he played with this injury all last season and now, after 8 months rest, he can't play this season?

That's the thinking. But like I said, admitting he had it last year and it lingering this season will only hurt his objective,which is to get more money. It's winning the battle but losing the war.

I think it should occur to everyone that before he knew the tag would be used on him, he would take pain medication and tough it out in a contract year where he knew he was going to have a once in a lifetime earning opportunity. It also should be clear to anybody that in this situation where the team isn't prepared to commit the value he believes he's worth, he might feel like he shouldn't play until he's healthy so he doesn't aggravate that injury and further jeopardize his earning power. He's within his rights to do so and if the team were telling an injured player to play no matter what, the NFLPA would and should be all over it.

I don't know how these things heal or why it has taken this long to do so, but I also doubt Byrd has been sitting around eating chee-tos and watching TV a la Jason Peters.

I agree that if he is faking the injury it's a bad faith move, and it would be a black mark on him and Parker. That's exactly why I don't believe he is faking it. Such a move would be more likely than not to backfire.

Maybe he has bumblefoot.

Bumblefoot (ulcerative pododermatitis) is a bacterial infection and inflammatory reaction on the feet of birds and rodents. . . .

Bumblefoot is, perhaps, the largest cause of referral of birds of prey to a veterinary surgeon. . . .

This is mostly caused by inappropriate perching (or perching for too long)

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bumblefoot_%28infection%29

That's the thinking. But like I said, admitting he had it last year and it lingering this season will only hurt his objective,which is to get more money. It's winning the battle but losing the war.

What "battle" do you think he wins by having an injury, regardless of whether it is real or fake? His contract is locked in for the season; he's not getting more money from any NFL team this season.

What "battle" do you think he wins by having an injury, regardless of whether it is real or fake? His contract is locked in for the season; he's not getting more money from any NFL team this season.

Sticking it to the Bills by making $6.9M while playing very little.

when he rests his foot thru to the BYE week, he will play the final 5 games like an all-pro. declare himself fully healed and be able to pass a physical with flying colors.....it's a miracle.

Obviously, the "Doc" moniker has no reference to your actual education. You never fail to amaze.

Between the unsubstantiated rumors, then the eventual back peddling when pressed for your "source". Which always turns out to be a "poster who I trust".

It's sad that WEO hasn't been posting to keep you on the straight and narrow. I'll stop, because you are flat out wrong as always.

Find a new player to piss on, this hate fest is getting old.

Obviously, the "Doc" moniker has no reference to your actual education. You never fail to amaze.

Between the unsubstantiated rumors, then the eventual back peddling when pressed for your "source". Which always turns out to be a "poster who I trust".

It's sad that WEO hasn't been posting to keep you on the straight and narrow. I'll stop, because you are flat out wrong as always.

Find a new player to piss on, this hate fest is getting old.

Go to bed little boy. Your BFF WEO isn't here to fight your battles (poorly I might add).

Who are you to comment?

So he is the highest paid dumb dumb in the league.

I think it should occur to everyone that before he knew the tag would be used on him, he would take pain medication and tough it out in a contract year where he knew he was going to have a once in a lifetime earning opportunity. It also should be clear to anybody that in this situation where the team isn't prepared to commit the value he believes he's worth, he might feel like he shouldn't play until he's healthy so he doesn't aggravate that injury and further jeopardize his earning power. He's within his rights to do so and if the team were telling an injured player to play no matter what, the NFLPA would and should be all over it.

I don't know how these things heal or why it has taken this long to do so, but I also doubt Byrd has been sitting around eating chee-tos and watching TV a la Jason Peters.

Once again, a Voice of Reason.

Plantar Fasciitis is very unpredictable. It can be dormant and then a change in conditions can cause it to flare. For example, if Byrd were working out hard, but primarily on gym equipment which has some give to it, changing to a hard surface (astroturf covered concrete) and changing footware might cause a flare. Or, maybe he had a different problem last season that caused him to compensate in some way, and now he has PF as a new problem. Who knows?

Another factor could be, there's an upper limit to the number of steroid injections recommended to avoid weakening the ligament