EJ continues to show his maturity

Wazzu Bill

Ej shows a lot of maturity, hopefully that translates to the field. I think you will see just that. Win or loose Sunday, I think the Bills finally have a QB. Go Bills!!

I hope some of the local reporters can shed light on how EJ's team mates perception of EJ. If the players believe in EJ, I think we have a chance.

I posted the following on facebook back in April:

Years ago I subbed at Bayside High School here in VB. Mr Bearclaw, the security guy, introduced me to an up and coming phenom freshman QB named EJ. As it turned, EJ was in several of the classes I covered over the course of those two weeks, and he and I joked about him one day playing for the Bills.

I doubt he would remember it, but part of me hopes he does because I explained what the Bills mean to Buffalo and how hungry Bills' fans are for a Lombardi. I hope he "gets it," I want him to know what it means to be a Bills fan and I want him to understand that this matters to us.

He was mature beyond his years and he was a leader - not because of his status as stud frosh QB, but his overall mannerism. Whether the traits I saw in a 15 year old boy still exist, I don't know. But Lord knows, I hope they do.

Welcome to Buffalo EJ. Pack some wool socks and get after it. Go Bills!

The thing about the offense is it's very young and they're looking for a leader. And after the big extension and the last half of 2011, I don't think that anyone considered Fitz to be that guy anymore (as per Stevie's interviews regarding Fitz being the man). So EJ won't be stepping on Fitz' legacy or trying to lead any grizzled veterans.

I posted the following on facebook back in April:

Years ago I subbed at Bayside High School here in VB. Mr Bearclaw, the security guy, introduced me to an up and coming phenom freshman QB named EJ. As it turned, EJ was in several of the classes I covered over the course of those two weeks, and he and I joked about him one day playing for the Bills.

I doubt he would remember it, but part of me hopes he does because I explained what the Bills mean to Buffalo and how hungry Bills' fans are for a Lombardi. I hope he "gets it," I want him to know what it means to be a Bills fan and I want him to understand that this matters to us.

He was mature beyond his years and he was a leader - not because of his status as stud frosh QB, but his overall mannerism. Whether the traits I saw in a 15 year old boy still exist, I don't know. But Lord knows, I hope they do.

Welcome to Buffalo EJ. Pack some wool socks and get after it. Go Bills!

Cool story. I doubt he'd remember it, but I'd still like to know if he does. Sometimes a moment like that can stick with a kid.

I hope some of the local reporters can shed light on how EJ's team mates perception of EJ. If the players believe in EJ, I think we have a chance.

Perhaps a national reporter will, haha. But I did hear on the radio that the vets didn't do the normal rookie hazing stuff on EJ like the crazy haircut because he is perceived more like a mature vet than the other rookies.

I love this kid. No matter how it turns out, if he fails it wont be because this kid wasn't willing to give 100% mentally and physically. We shore up the OL, the D actually plays worth a damn and this kid can take us a long way.

I just don't understand how scouts see a guy with this level of maturity, work ethic, intelligence, and leadership to go along with his physical tools and not see a potential star...

High round QB busts usually have his physical gifts but lack many of the other traits, be it intelligence, work ethic or leadership...

By all accounts EJ is a film junkie and student of the game and takes preparation very seriously, never wanting to make the same mistake twice. He is the type of player that inspires teammates to play better than they are capable of playing many times...

People with all of those put together almost never bust, they usually excel. Look at Russell Wilson as an example and he is likely less physically gifted than EJ

Edited by matter2003

People with all of those put together almost never bust, they usually excel. Look at Russell Wilson as an example and he is likely less physically gifted than EJ

Russel Wilson also has one of the NFL's top 3 defenses, and a kick butt offense surrounding him.

We have many talented players on offense, but I have a feeling it will be hard for EJ to keep up with a team like the pats scoring 30-40 points on our defense.

=(

As an FSU fan I've watched EJ and wasn't keen at first the Bills took him, but watching him in interviews and practice etc, this kid has the potential to do great things. Success comes from good habits (paraphrasing Jimbo Fisher about Jameis Winston), and EJ seems to have em. I'm pumped to see how he does Sunday, and I'm really looking forward to the future with EJ at the helm. go Bills!!!!!!!!!!!!

As an FSU fan I've watched EJ and wasn't keen at first the Bills took him, but watching him in interviews and practice etc, this kid has the potential to do great things. Success comes from good habits (paraphrasing Jimbo Fisher about Jameis Winston), and EJ seems to have em. I'm pumped to see how he does Sunday, and I'm really looking forward to the future with EJ at the helm. go Bills!!!!!!!!!!!!

As an FSU fan, what's your take on the level of talent EJ had around him the last couple of years?

As an FSU fan, what's your take on the level of talent EJ had around him the last couple of years?

he had some solid talent around him, EJ would get frustrating at times with untimely INT's and seemed to try and do too much. His D had loads of talent, and he always had a fairly solid O-line. WR's were solid but not spectacular. had a really good run game. I'd say it wasn't that far off from the talent he has here.