EJ continues to show his maturity

Wazzu Bill

http://www.patriots.com/news/article-1/Bills-EJ-Manuel-Conference-Call-Transcript/44d417e9-8655-459c-8ab7-44dc5dff4eab

Interview with EJ shows that he's leagues above guys like Manziel due to his professional behavior, confidence not only in himself but in his team, and his focus on the important things. He's a very inspirational guy.

I know this has been brought up in many other threads but I just loved that latest interview that just came out.

It was a little disturbing to hear about his mom's cancer. I did not know that before. Not only do I feel bad for the EJ, but depending on how close he is to his mom (based on this interview, VERY close) it could be a huge blow if the cancer gets worse.

I lost my mom to breast cancer when I was young, and it's not exactly something you can just clear from your mind on a game day!

That all being said, what seems the most promising about this interview is EJ seems incredibly confident, yet he doesn't boast and seems eager to let his play do the talking instead of his mouth.

It was a little disturbing to hear about his mom's cancer. I did not know that before. Not only do I feel bad for the EJ, but depending on how close he is to his mom (based on this interview, VERY close) it could be a huge blow if the cancer gets worse.

I lost my mom to breast cancer when I was young, and it's not exactly something you can just clear from your mind on a game day!

She's in remission so that isn't even an issue for him right now. Last year was when it was worse, when she was diagnosed and undergoing treatment.

And sorry to hear about your mother.

She's in remission so that isn't even an issue for him right now. Last year was when it was worse, when she was diagnosed and undergoing treatment.

That's true, I didn't mention that in my post....that is good news

The reporter tried to goad him into something with SJ, but his answer was calmly close to perfect. Then later he responded with a "no, sir". There's a lot of leadership there.

That's also what stood out to me in the interview. There were actually a lot of points when the reporter was trying to stir something up, but EJ refused to give any indication of a divided team.

He knows he is the center of the team, yet he is not self-centered.

I love this kid. No matter how it turns out, if he fails it wont be because this kid wasn't willing to give 100% mentally and physically. We shore up the OL, the D actually plays worth a damn and this kid can take us a long way.

Exactly. If EJ turns out to be a bust I wouldn't blame the decision to give him a shot...he's as ready as any rookie is. If it doesn't turn out its just a bills curse....

I absolutely love EJ, he's just so even keeled at all times. He just doesn't have a big head on his shoulders, he's a hard worker and he *expects* to be great. I loved when they asked who was going to be there "My Dad and my Mom." "Not a huge crowd?" "No sir."

I'm SO stoked I'm going to be there on Sunday to see him step on the field for his first game as one of us. Where else would you rater be...

If as a Bills fan, 4 days before the season (and home) opener, you're STILL not excited to see this team play, you've got a case of the Batsh*t Crazies!

a high character person

And for once, they might have gotten it right.

After listening to that I really want him to go out there and light it up. Before I didn't care but he's either gotten the NFL lingo down or he's actually a genuine class act that deserves to be great. I really think the latter.

http://www.patriots.com/news/article-1/Bills-EJ-Manuel-Conference-Call-Transcript/44d417e9-8655-459c-8ab7-44dc5dff4eab

Interview with EJ shows that he's leagues above guys like Manziel due to his professional behavior, confidence not only in himself but in his team, and his focus on the important things. He's a very inspirational guy.

I know this has been brought up in many other threads but I just loved that latest interview that just came out.

This kid can save the franchise. All this and Bruce Smiths god son. Its going to be great watching him come into his own carrying buf on his shoulders.