Plantar Facitis

eh, I dunno...

Ever get bad shin splints? Hurts to just walk? Or ever bruise your heel or sole? Not just you, Trip, anyone.

There is being hurt and being injured. This is hurt, in most cases, but such a hurt that you really don't want to move. People will be able to tell, people will notice, and then others will talk...when they do we will hear.

What this tells me is that Byrd has been training...hard.

I get it and certainly can be a very discomforting ailment. I'm just saying it can be one of those unprovable injuries to its severity that keeps the conspiracy theory possible.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I get it and certainly can be a very discomforting ailment. I'm just saying it can be one of those unprovable injuries to its severity that keeps the conspiracy theory possible.

Yeah, that's what really sucks about this.

PF is a bad condition mainly caused by going from a sedentary lifestyle to active.

I couldn't think Byrd has gotten to the point where degenerative tissue damage has set in, but that is what PF is. Tens of tiny microscopic tears in the PF tendon. If untreated eventually the plantar fascia snaps. Pau Gasol had this injury a couple of years ago. It usually takes 6-8 weeks to comeback after a complete rupture. No surgery is needed, unless there is an underlying bone spur causing the PF.

Gasol was out of game action Feb 5th to March 22nd.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/2635871

Edited by BigCountryBills

This dude Byrd needs to take a page out of the Kyle Williams book. My absolutely favorite player on the team is Kyle Williams cuz he REALLY REALLY gets upset if he can't play. If everyone on the team felt the way Kyle did this team would definitely go places.

But, everybody is their own person and Byrd's injury is what it is. I think I just hate the business side of the NFL cuz I'm just not used to Bills players making the news about contractual disagreements much...

I'm no doctor but I'm sure with all the technology we have these days it would be hard to fake an injury. So on that note I hope he gets better cuz unfortunately, we need him.

it is extraordinarily painful for the fist few steps every morning, gets better during the day.

Still, I have it right now both feet, it takes a long time to completely calm the inflammation.

Need to get special orthotic shoe inserts made, ice frequently, etc.

it is extraordinarily painful for the fist few steps every morning, gets better during the day.

Still, I have it right now both feet, it takes a long time to completely calm the inflammation.

Need to get special orthotic shoe inserts made, ice frequently, etc.

The real issue here isn't the question of whether he's faking or not. That's just manufactured garbage people come up with in order to create a debate.

The real issue is that he's not going to be able to practice. After missing all of training camp the only way for Byrd to get up to speed on the new D is in practice. If he can't practice I don't see any way of him being able to play in games - at least not effectively. It's not like he's spent his entire career in this D, knows it well and practice isn't that important to him. He needs all the reps he can get and he's not going to get them.

We've discussed PF previously. I'd see it almost everyday in practice. There's a tonne of things in the diagnostic work up that can look like PF but not be PF & there's a tonne of linear medical pathways to treat PF. Surely someone's taking charge of it in the acute stage?

Won't get int debate on if he's faking or not. But unless you have had PF and in very painful form were nuthing much works I would ya suggest laying off Byrd. Sure rag him for holding out, attitude etc but if the injury is real it could be difficult to play at a high level. Mine was fixed by orthotic within days however a friend of mine has weekly shots and still in a lot of pain.

Besides the fact that you've been really angry about him the entire offseason is there anything specific that leads you to that conclusion? What if he shows up and plays well Sunday?

really angry? No. Really honest??? Yes. There's a difference. I stayed many times that regardless how this turned out I thought he was worthy of being paid as the best safety in the league. And I've stated many times I want him on this team.

If he's pulling a Peters and going easy while claiming soreness or injury? I would make a statement and not okay him a single down the entire season.

You asked what if he shows up and plays well Sunday?

I ask you, what if he sits our 4 weeks complaining of injury? It's not a coincidence IMO.

I guess well see how this thing works out pretty soon. The season is here.

based on what some people are saying, there's no way to determine how bad or painful it is. Only the person with the injury can determine this.

Personally, it sounds to me like he's milking it. And personally, if it was my team I'd keep him in the bench all year no matter what. And then do the same thing every possible year I can. If I'm a millionaire owner, I could care less about the money. Byrd is becoming a POS, IMO. No better than McGahee IMO.

This is a contract year for him, it's very unlikely he would be faking.

As to keeping on the bench (for years?) that'll show him. Get paid 8 million a year to sit.

I have a very bad case of it. I do a lot of walking and work out on an elliptical machine. I got it in my 40's and it ended my tennis, softball and running. Cutting or sudden stops and starts are completely out for me. Byrd is a lot younger but if this is a severe case he will need a lot of training room time.

if he gets a cortisone shot and with the treatments they have he should play through it...i have it and like everyone says, its awful in the morning but by 10-15 steps i am good to go...once you get going on it he should be able to play through it

I know this is probably under another thread, but how bad of an injury is plantar faciitis and is it something that Byrd can play with all season and still perform at a high level?

I had it really bad. I couldn't put any weight on my foot, and had to wear a boot. It took several months of stretching and icing for It to subside. I occasionally sleep with a boot to keep it stretched out.

That said, I really hope this isn't a ploy because he's unhappy with his contract situation. He had to go get a second opinion, so obviously the training staff didn't see it. Plantar Fasciitis can't be proven, it's all based on the pain the patient says they are feeling when the doctor presses on certain muscles in the foot.

Is anyone else hear thinking that Byrd is being a baby?

Didnt get what he wanted so he fakes injury and makes sure he doesn't get injured all while collecting his $432k a game.

Personally I think he's full of it and now I'm no longer happy he signed. I'd rather just cut this pos.

Having zero proof that this is the case, no, I don't think he is being a baby.

it's the worst pain I've ever felt. I played college basketball with it, though, so if he can handle the pain he should be able to play. 5 years later, I still feel it... there's really no quick fix, unfortunately, besides rest. I wouldn't blame him if he is thinking about his long-term future and takes some significant time off