Stevie Johnson: Pats can't 'stop me'

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What caught my attention was when he said "there are guys in the receivers room that are as good or better than me." Thought that was a good team first comment and a nice compliment for his teammates. For a guy who has been our number one receiver, it seems it wouldn't bother him if one of these young guys eclipse him. Love that part.

And good thing for him to call out pats* secondary. They will focus more attention to shut him down and that will open up things for others.

People who hate on Stevie are blaming the Bills problems on the wrong people. Stevie is part of the solution to our playoff drought, not part of the problem

What caught my attention was when he said "there are guys in the receivers room that are as good or better than me." Thought that was a good team first comment and a nice compliment for his teammates. For a guy who has been our number one receiver, it seems it wouldn't bother him if one of these young guys eclipse him. Love that part.

And good thing for him to call out pats* secondary. They will focus more attention to shut him down and that will open up things for others.

People who hate on Stevie are blaming the Bills problems on the wrong people. Stevie is part of the solution to our playoff drought, not part of the problem

Agree on all parts Dan. He know's he's not the faster player out there or even the best (in some cases) but he's really a breathe of fresh air. I don't care if he runs his mouth if his play backs it up and thus far, he's been doing a good job of doing that.

I am sure the pats receivers are feeling pretty good against leodis mckelvin and co.

The current Pats receivers are lucky to be playing in the NFL. If anyone other than Brady were the QB, you could could completely ignore the Patriots passing game at this point.

OMG!!!! Cut him now!!! Now, professional players are going to be motivated more!!! Stevie is right. He gets open every play. And guess what? The PAts are going to double team him and force the other wrs to beat them. If SJ was on the Pats, he'd be putting up top 5 numbers.

If Stevie was on the Pats, he would not be mouthing off, because there would be serious consequences.

If Stevie was on the Pats, he would not be mouthing off, because there would be serious consequences.

They had a player who was Tony Montana and only were forced to cut him after he finally got popped.

This high & mighty Pats organization is the biggest joke in sports. They are built off a lucky 6th round pick.

Joe Buscaglia@JoeBuscaglia8m

To be clear on the Chung thing. Stevie said him because he's been reviewing last year's tape. I told him Chung moved after. Just didn't know

Stevie watching tape is all I care about. Would you rather he was designing a new t-shirt?

The current Pats receivers are lucky to be playing in the NFL. If anyone other than Brady were the QB, you could could completely ignore the Patriots passing game at this point.

Not 100% accurate. I've watched all their games. It is true that they have serious ?, and, I'm pretty sure about what they are going to try to do with Amendola. It probably has about 30-40% chance of working, and that's because of Brady, not Amendola. This is also due to the fact that they simply do not have the threat at TE that they are used to having. We'll see, but, even when Gronk returns, it might shock a few people when he doesn't get the stats we're used to seeing.

However, they have a new WR who can play. He's not Randy Moss, and I'm not saying he will be. However, you might want to consider Kenbrell Thompkins for your fantasy team, perhaps as your last reserve, because, come on, is that guy you have really gonna do anything? I believe that many will know exactly who he is by mid-season.

Again, not saying he's good. Am saying: he has a prolific passer throwing to him, and there's a very good chance of him being targeted a whole lot.

Obviously, you have no counter. See the Pats franchise (and Belichick) before and after Brady. They were a joke.

You're right, I have no counter. The Patriots are a joke of an organization who got lucky with one late-round draft pick and have done nothing else to achieve success. An idiot with a winning lottery ticket. You got me. You obviously know what you're talking about, I'll back off.

You're right, I have no counter. The Patriots are a joke of an organization who got lucky with one late-round draft pick and have done nothing else to achieve success. An idiot with a winning lottery ticket. You got me. You obviously know what you're talking about, I'll back off.

Thanks. And yes, it's really that simple. Get a HOF QB & instantly you become a contender. See the Colts without Manning. See the Packers with Rogers & Farve. See how the Skins go from 3-13 to NFC east champs with RG3 (and Shanahan becomes a genius again like he was with Elway).

And guess what happens if EJ becomes a franchise guy? Marrone & Whaley are geniuses and we have a playoff contender every year.

Thanks. And yes, it's really that simple. Get a HOF QB & instantly you become a contender. See the Colts without Manning. See the Packers with Rogers & Farve. See how the Skins go from 3-13 to NFC east champs with RG3 (and Shanahan becomes a genius again like he was with Elway).

And guess what happens if EJ becomes a franchise guy? Marrone & Whaley are geniuses and we have a playoff contender every year.

Thank you for simplifying it for us. I now understand futbahl.

You're welcome. Easier than just Bill Belichick & Bob Kraft are geniuses.

But in all seriousness, besides the Qbs, who's roster would you rather have: Bills or Pats?

Easily, the Pats. They have real offensive linemen, real linebackers, one of the best nosetackles in football (who actually shows up every week and plays with toughness, unlike our first-round nosetackle), the best tight end in football when healthy, two great young passrushers, and, perhaps most importantly, the best coach in football. You know, the one who managed to beat us twice without Brady, which would seem impossible according to your logic.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

Easily, the Pats. They have real offensive linemen, real linebackers, one of the best nosetackles in football (who actually shows up every week and plays with toughness, unlike our first-round nosetackle), the best tight end in football when healthy, two great young passrushers, and, perhaps most importantly, the best coach in football. You know, the one who managed to beat us twice without Brady, which would seem impossible according to your logic.

You forgot their run game which is pretty good now

Well, I disagree and I do think they are a lot closer than you want to give the bills credit for.

And Matt Cassell, who took over a 16-0 team & also took the Chiefs to the playoffs, is a much, much better QB than Edwards and Losman.

It is solid but you can argue that it is all because of Brady. Imagine Spiller with Brady? Our qb last year couldn't throw past 10 yards. You can't stack the box with Brady.

Look, as long as the Pats have Brady, they are always the favorites. But it just goes to show how much a difference a QB makes. The second Brady goes out, they are a very ordinary team.

In Stevie Johnson fashion he tells us his feelings

Discuss:

http://espn.go.com/n...top-me#comments

thanks for taking the story from tbd and then adding nothing to it. I love how people just repost whats right there for us to read ourselves... as for SJ why shouldn't the pats be scared, hes like two entities in one, theres SJ, and then theres SJ's hamstring injury.

They had a player who was Tony Montana and only were forced to cut him after he finally got popped.

This high & mighty Pats organization is the biggest joke in sports. They are built off a lucky 6th round pick.

True that... Without Brady they are a 6-7 win team. Their defense was much better the year Brady got hurt. Belichick think s he is so smart letting all his good defensive players walk. Well he can't find a corner or a safety worth a dam now. And Seymour is stil producing years after being traded.

Agree on all parts Dan. He know's he's not the faster player out there or even the best (in some cases) but he's really a breathe of fresh air. I don't care if he runs his mouth if his play backs it up and thus far, he's been doing a good job of doing that.

which part is the breath of fresh air?? the drops...the penalties...the hammstring...the lack of deep route ability? this is all stale to me. I like SJ, he was all we had to look forward to 3 years ago when this team had almost no one with talent. But that was 3 years ago. SJ may be the 3rd best wr on the roster now, maybe. He needs to do more than squeak out 1000 yards and drop a game winner for me to be impressed. Now that we have actual speed and skill at wr, he will descend to his destiny, a competent #2.

True that... Without Brady they are a 6-7 win team. Their defense was much better the year Brady got hurt. Belichick think s he is so smart letting all his good defensive players walk. Well he can't find a corner or a safety worth a dam now. And Seymour is stil producing years after being traded.

That's what people don't get. Without Brady, Belichick has a very mediocre record. The thing that has been holding back the Pats the last few years is their defense, his speciality.

Obviously, he's going to the HOF but it's a lot easier to get there with a HOF qb. Brady is the main reason they are an elite franchise.

which part is the breath of fresh air?? the drops...the penalties...the hammstring...the lack of deep route ability? this is all stale to me. I like SJ, he was all we had to look forward to 3 years ago when this team had almost no one with talent. But that was 3 years ago. SJ may be the 3rd best wr on the roster now, maybe. He needs to do more than squeak out 1000 yards and drop a game winner for me to be impressed. Now that we have actual speed and skill at wr, he will descend to his destiny, a competent #2.

Fans bashing Stevie is hilarious. I loved everything about Fitz except his ability to throw. For SJ to get over 1,000 yards with a guy who struggled to throw past 10 yards (and not go TO all over Fitz) is amazing. SJ gets open on every play & it's a shame fans put the team frustrations on the few really good players we have.

That's what people don't get. Without Brady, Belichick has a very mediocre record. The thing that has been holding back the Pats the last few years is their defense, his speciality.

Obviously, he's going to the HOF but it's a lot easier to get there with a HOF qb. Brady is the main reason they are an elite franchise.

Another thing people don't get is that in the 8 years since the Pats last won a SB they have compiled an NFL best 98-30 W/L record, setting historical records in a variety of measures while appearing in the playoffs in 7 of those 8 seasons (missing out on 8 for 8 due to losing out on a tie-breaker despite compiling an 11-5 record) and appearing in 2 other SB games ..... all this being accomplished .................... while re-building the team, a process that, for any other franchise, typically means struggling to make the playoffs.

Now either, Brady and/or Belichick are the greatest QB/HC of all time (for being to pull this feat off as a duo) or ...... they have had substantial help along the way.

SJ's big mouth is getting old. Enough with the T.O. / Chad... uh Ocho... uh Chad whatever wannabe stuff. Make a name for yourself in big game performances, not tabloid media. I'll give SJ some respect when he, as a veteran on a young team, leads his squad to the post season. Otherwise the talk is meaningless.

Edited by Clutchwarfare

This was actually the part that got my attention. "I think we have guys in the receiver room that are as good as I am, if not better."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall Stevie expressing an opinion like that previously.

You're right. I hope this is progress and he is turning over a new leaf. I don't remember him giving respect to other guys either. Maturing in his advanced age? Hope so.

You're right. I hope this is progress and he is turning over a new leaf. I don't remember him giving respect to other guys either. Maturing in his advanced age? Hope so.

Either that or, maybe we have a more talented group of WR this year - Graham with another year on him, Wood Goodwin and Easley replacing B Smith, R Martin, and D Jones

Either that or, maybe we have a more talented group of WR this year - Graham with another year on him, Wood Goodwin and Easley replacing B Smith, R Martin, and D Jones

This young core is def enough to get excited over! Im drafting Woods as a late round Fantasy Sleeper.

But back to SJ, I was at the game in NJ (in Bills gear)when he did the Plaxico joke and it almost got me killed! Then he blew the game for his whole team so the no class NJ Jet fans backed off me a little. I have no patience for him and I think he would fit better with a classless organization like NJ or Philly. Harsh I know but Im just not a fan. I hope Woods and Goodwin make him trade bait for OL and Draft pick.

Fans bashing Stevie is hilarious. I loved everything about Fitz except his ability to throw. For SJ to get over 1,000 yards with a guy who struggled to throw past 10 yards (and not go TO all over Fitz) is amazing. SJ gets open on every play & it's a shame fans put the team frustrations on the few really good players we have.

whos bashing? Sj only runs 7 yard slants anyway.... simply stating facts, like how you state fitz sucked but that SJ's yards were some kind of gift from above. LOL how some fans try to play both sides. Fitz threw every yard of SJ's glorious 1000, lets see now, how EJ decides other WR's are better and throws to them instead. Will you cry for SJ when he becomes another has been?

Agree. The big cat and the enlightener get a little emotional whenever SJ is brought up in a thread. Just some major league hating all around.

SJ is money....and so is his attitude. Love the pats can't guard me talk.

"money" would be a guy who wins games, neither SJ or Fitz were money. I call it like it is, I know sj has moves, its nice and all to watch. He is slow and cant be relied upon in the clutch, maybe this year woods Easley or even Goodwin will emerge as a true go to guy.

Edited by enlightener

If more players felt that way maybe we beat them once in a while instead of letting games slip away.

Yeah because SJ never lets games slip away, well, except the Steeler game and Jets game and being benched against Patsies while we were ahead for TD "celebration". Other than that, I see your point.

thanks for taking the story from tbd and then adding nothing to it. I love how people just repost whats right there for us to read ourselves... as for SJ why shouldn't the pats be scared, hes like two entities in one, theres SJ, and then theres SJ's hamstring injury.

You sir are an idiot... I posted this 4 hours before TBD did.

Thanks come again smart ass

For SJ to get over 1,000 yards with a guy who struggled to throw past 10 yards (and not go TO all over Fitz) is amazing.

This kills me that SJ is great and caught 1000 yards worth of passes but his QB could not throw past 10 yards. Who was throwing him the football? He had to have been able to do something right.

TO loved Fitz.

When you have some free time look up who has the record for longest TD pass in Buffalo Bills franchise history.

Ridley & Vereen over Spiller & Fred Jackson? Really?

So Cordy Glenn, Eric Wood, and Kraig Urbik are not "real offensive linemen"??! And I'd love to see you tell Dareus he doesn't play with toughness. Really, the dude had one bad stretch after his fifth or so close relative died in tragedy.