Players cut from other teams that the bills should sign

You know one thing, they are likely signing or claiming a CB and a OL. Perhaps even a QB, and Dennis Dixon seems like a viable options if they go that route. The we have to sign 8 players to the practice squad. Gotta believe Thad Lewis will be one of those eight.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Routt would be cool. Don't need anymore depth at TE...that's kind of why Dickerson was cut. But we need CBs like no other because I don't think McKelvin is going to do much at all. He hasn't yet and frankly never will IMO. Either way Trufant or another safety would be great even. Unless we sign Byrd long term he won't play the same way and Searcy isn't panning out. I still don't know why we didn't address CB in the draft...even with Gilmore we needed a #2 CB

thank you for that explanation, i asked in another thread and didn't get an answer

Just so people know, we can't just "sign" any player being cut. If we want them we have to put in a waiver claim, and we have 8th priority in same order as draft, so if any team ahead of us puts a claim in they are awarded the player. Once they clear waivers, then they can be signed by any team

I really hope we sign OG Ben Ijalana, he was Polian's 2nd round pick from 2011. Winfield is retiring so I guess I'm hoping for Trufant, Routt or maybe Florence at CB. Also QB Greg McElroy, the dude won the first 35 games he started in high school and college combined and finished with a 40-3 record.

I really hope we sign OG Ben Ijalana, he was Polian's 2nd round pick from 2011. Winfield is retiring so I guess I'm hoping for Trufant, Routt or maybe Florence at CB. Also QB Greg McElroy, the dude won the first 35 games he started in high school and college combined and finished with a 40-3 record.

Pretty irrelevant at this point. High School?

Bills have one major asset that they should utilize if at all possible beyond diving into the dump. Trade Byrd for a decent cornerback or other need and a high draft pick. Based on the Bills' history, this won't happen and Byrd will be gone next year with nothing to show for him. But one can dream.

Bills have one major asset that they should utilize if at all possible beyond diving into the dump. Trade Byrd for a decent cornerback or other need and a high draft pick. Based on the Bills' history, this won't happen and Byrd will be gone next year with nothing to show for him. But one can dream.

I wouldn't do any deal for Byrd this season. Gilmore is returning this season and a Safety tandem of Searcy and Williams would seriously concern me. Play the season out with Byrd and begin negotiations toward a long term deal. If a long term deal doesn't come to fruition, then franchise him again to consider all available options including a trade.

I wouldn't do any deal for Byrd this season. Gilmore is returning this season and a Safety tandem of Searcy and Williams would seriously concern me. Play the season out with Byrd and begin negotiations toward a long term deal. If a long term deal doesn't come to fruition, then franchise him again to consider all available options including a trade.

Agreed 100%...

Tight End Jake Ballard: After a stellar rookie season with the New York Giants in 2011, the massive 25-year-old spent all of last year on New England's injured reserve with a severe knee injury. Although he appeared in three preseason games this year, he was held without a reception.

A strong blocker, Ballard was still rounding into shape from his injury, but the Patriots obviously believed they couldn't wait any longer. His departure, along with that of fellow tight end Daniel Fells, leaves the team woefully thin at the position.

Star Rob Gronkowski is still recovering from offseason surgeries. The only other two tight ends remaining are undrafted rookie Zach Sudfeld and veteran Michael Hoomanawanui, who has just 25 career catches.

Having already invested a year into Ballard, it was a little surprising the team didn't choose to keep him around. He could be missed almost immediately, especially if Gronkowski doesn't come back quickly.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/england-patriots-three-players-team-may-regret-cutting-013900336--nfl.html