Players cut from other teams that the bills should sign

Trufant and Winfield would be a nice pair of signings for this young team...although it has to be a little disconcerting Bradley who coached Trufant several years in Seattle cut him...

Edited by matter2003

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sign Winfield, consider Florence as others have said, can cover better than McKelvin. Find lineman and consider any young CBs teams with talent are trying to stash on practice squad. Can't believe the Bills don't have talent at CBs they have drafted over the years and let go. Another part of the past coaching mismanagment.

P.S. ESPN announcing Godd was cut. Anyone gonna pick him up?

No sooner when Tebow being cut from the pats was announced on Sirius NFL Radio, Amani Toomer and Howard David both seriously suggested that the Bills sign Tebow to start against the Pats because he's have to be better than Jeff Tuel. :doh:

PTR

Damn, I'd take back Winfield in a heartbeat. I still have his jersey!

For the record, I'd also take Florence back, at least for the short term. He's not great, but he's better than what we got.

No sooner when Tebow being cut from the pats was announced on Sirius NFL Radio, Amani Toomer and Howard David both seriously suggested that the Bills sign Tebow to start against the Pats because he's have to be better than Jeff Tuel. :doh:

PTR

That upsets me. These media guys are the first to make a joke at Buffalo's expense. The first to talk about how Buffalo goes after washed up and old players - players that other teams have kicked their tires with already and found they're flat. Then they suggest this. When we signed Lienert we were laughed at. When Vince Young went to GB the NFL was all over how great he looked. It was "shocking" to see him cut. The same is true with Tebow. Once we sign him it just flips the coin and we get told we keep making the same mistakes going after guys like Young, Tebow, Lienert.

Should we start a "Players from other teams cut that the Bills should sign" thread so we dont have a billion Player X cut should we sign him threads?

J'Marcus Webb, OT - Started 44 Games. Could he slide to guard and backup and eventually take over?

Daniel Fells, TE - Big TE, 6'4 270. could be a depth TE. Dickerson cut creates a need at depth TE.

Brian Banks - LB - Spent 5 years in jail. an inspirational story. 5th year man. Depth LB.

Jake Ballard - TE - Injury issues. played well for the Giants. Was once thought to be Shockey replacement.

Stanford Routt - CB - Vetean CB, couldnt stick with the Chiefs or Raiders.

Marc Anthony - CB - 7th Rd pick of the Raves.

Winfield just released: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000236919/article/antoine-winfield-reportedly-cut-by-seattle-seahawks

That upsets me. These media guys are the first to make a joke at Buffalo's expense. The first to talk about how Buffalo goes after washed up and old players - players that other teams have kicked their tires with already and found they're flat. Then they suggest this. When we signed Lienert we were laughed at. When Vince Young went to GB the NFL was all over how great he looked. It was "shocking" to see him cut. The same is true with Tebow. Once we sign him it just flips the coin and we get told we keep making the same mistakes going after guys like Young, Tebow, Lienert.

Tebow is done. Maybe he has enough cash to become a late night preacher on an obscure cable channel. Doubt he even has the talent to go to the CFL. But good luck to him he seems like a good guy.