Bills roster cut down to 50 (-18 then -5 more)

zazie

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CBs: Crezdon Butler, TJ Heath, Jordan Dangerfield, Kip Edwards

G: Antoine Caldwell

Well, well. Seems like Coach Marrone was just a horrified by the backfield as we were. Caldwell's release interesting considering Legursky's injury.

Edited by NickelCity

Yes, also DE Izaan Cross is not listed among the cuts.

This guy must have really impressed the staff to still be around.

I always feel the most sorry for the poor schmuks who make it through the fist and second round of cuts, think they have it made and will get to opening day, then the team signs some retread one year solution guy for another position and that guy gets cut after all, usually the day before the season starts and the salary would have vested.

Terrell Troup has survived thus far. Definitely surprised.

Yep but one or two of those guys are gone. Right now, we have NO reserve guards or centers on the team (except for Legursky who probably can't play for several games), and we need at least one extra CB as we only have four (excluding Gilmore).

Yep but one or two of those guys are gone. Right now, we have NO reserve guards or centers on the team (except for Legursky who probably can't play for several games), and we need at least one extra CB as we only have four (excluding Gilmore).

I'm sure the roster will be in flux with some movement through Tuesday of next week.

EDIT: My inclination was that Scott wanted to retire a Bill. Now I see he might be traded. Not sure.

With him gone anyway the roster is 54. Depending on Legursky's status... could be 53.

Brian Galliford also thinks that between Corbin Bryant, Izaan Cross and Torell Troup, one will be cut. I'd also agree with that. I think two of them will be cut.

Which means that Jamaal Westerman may have made the team, for now. Good for him.

Edited by Sumin

The Count Down Continues...!

75. Matt Leinart QB

74. Dorin Dickerson TE

73. Zebrie Sanders OT (PS eligible)

72. Kourtnei Brown OLB (PS eligible)

71. Keith Pough LB (PS eligible)

70. Crezdon Butler CB

69. Drew Smith (PS eligible)

68. Brandon Kaufman (PS eligible)

67. Bryan Scott (awaiting confirmation, as basing it off of Jairus Byrd's tweet.

66. Kendall Gaskins (PS eligible)

65. Jordan (Rodney) Dangerfield DB

64. TJ Heath DB

63. K. Brown DE

62. Z. Brown RB

61. Antoine Caldwell OL

60. Z Chibane OL

59. N Provo TE

58. C. D. Snow

57. Kip Edwards DB

55. Drew Smith FB IR

54. Brad Smith LB IR

53. Kolb IR (making room for the Jairus Byrd exemption)

Regular Season roster... at this time includes Legursky

Did I double count anyone or miss anyone?

Regardless, this isn't the end. More roster moves to come. This is the perfunctory cut down to the minimum required. Now they go shopping for bargains.

Certainly seems like they kept a few people around with the expectation that they'd be picking someone else up. We need a backup guard and another CB pretty badly.