Doug Legursky Injury

This defense system was supposed to be very interchangeable with lots of reps for backups in different roles. Legursky would play almost as much as a starter. I think this is more of a kick in the balls than most people think.

this is it. either feast or famine. I have posted on a lot of other threads about a lot of subs. The coaches either know whats going on with their starters and system and they are evaluating talent, or the are being outclassed. I like Doug Marrone and Whaley quite a bit, and I think it could work, but this is the nightmare I am t trying to suppress in the back of my head

I don't think the panic is necassary through the pre-season. I think we should taper all excitement and depression, but thing are eithe good or bad right now.

Realistically I think we go between 10-6 and 6-10. I know that seems broad, but I think we are very very average which is OK considering all of our newbies

Anyone else overly concerned about this? As if the OL didnt have enough problems. I really thought Legursky was going to bring big time leadership to this team. I hope he recovers soon as we are thinner than an Olson Twin at LG.

VIA ESPN:

Buffalo Bills offensive lineman Doug Legursky was carted off late in the third quarter of Thursday's preseason finale with an apparent leg injury.

Legursky was hit in the side of his left calf by a falling Lions defender at the end of a run. He immediately grabbed for his left knee and was later carted off the field.

The Bills signed Legursky, 27, in June to compete for their open left-guard spot. Veteran Colin Brown looks to have that starting job locked up, but Legursky, who can also play center, was primed for the top interior backup spot.

Legursky has played in 50 career games (making 17 starts) over his first four NFL seasons, all with the Pittsburgh Steelers. He is the Bills' second-most-experienced offensive lineman, after right tackle Erik Pears.

In his place, the Bills could turn to Antoine Caldwell (fifth season) or David Snow (second season) as their top interior reserve.

Still wish we kept incognito, that guy is nasty and would be an awesome interior with Wood and Urbik

Still wish we kept incognito, that guy is nasty and would be an awesome interior with Wood and Urbik

I'm with you on that, I still can't figure out why we didn't make a run at him .... but maybe he didn't want to stay here. Wasn't he an All-Pro last season?

Regardless, I think Snow will be the top interior reserve, he has played both guard and center. Sam Young did some time at LG in the early pre-season as well. Next option, go dumpster diving on Saturday.

Anyone else overly concerned about this? As if the OL didnt have enough problems. I really thought Legursky was going to bring big time leadership to this team. I hope he recovers soon as we are thinner than an Olson Twin at LG.

VIA ESPN:

Buffalo Bills offensive lineman Doug Legursky was carted off late in the third quarter of Thursday's preseason finale with an apparent leg injury.

Legursky was hit in the side of his left calf by a falling Lions defender at the end of a run. He immediately grabbed for his left knee and was later carted off the field.

The Bills signed Legursky, 27, in June to compete for their open left-guard spot. Veteran Colin Brown looks to have that starting job locked up, but Legursky, who can also play center, was primed for the top interior backup spot.

Legursky has played in 50 career games (making 17 starts) over his first four NFL seasons, all with the Pittsburgh Steelers. He is the Bills' second-most-experienced offensive lineman, after right tackle Erik Pears.

In his place, the Bills could turn to Antoine Caldwell (fifth season) or David Snow (second season) as their top interior reserve.

Didn't see that play, but I saw nothing from him earlier in the game. Most times he was standing by the pile watching his guy get up after tackling the ball carrier. Is that what he was doing when he got hurt? Sorry that he got hurt, but, I don't think this is a big loss.

I am honestly not being sarcastic here...can someone tell me why we got rid of Incognito a couple of years ago and why we didn't sign Reinhart this offseason?

Ingognito was signed after a rash of injuries during the season (after he was released by the rams for starting fights) and after the year he said he wanted a starting job, we told him to compete for one and he left.

Rhindhart I dont know I assumed hed be back

Ingognito was signed after a rash of injuries during the season (after he was released by the rams for starting fights) and after the year he said he wanted a starting job, we told him to compete for one and he left.

Rhindhart I dont know I assumed hed be back

Miami threw a ton of bucks at Richie and he went to the Beach.

Reingold was sweet-talked into joining his former OLine Coach Joe DeliSandwich who went to the Sparking Batteries when Maronne cleaned house here.

I thought is was a player for player trade?

Yes. We gave up Chris White for Thad. We still have all of our 2014 draft picks IIRC.

Charlie Brown. Good grief. I can't recall a pre season where we were this riddled with injuries.

Seriously? How about every preseason? We are just super sensitive this year. But the number of injuries and severity is not that bad compared to others.

PTR

Seriously? How about every preseason? We are just super sensitive this year. But the number of injuries and severity is not that bad compared to others.

PTR

Agreed. Its at more key positions. I can't recall the top two QBs being out at this point in the pre season. Hell the last couple years you could at least count of Fitz being available.

Part of the business

It's a real mystery to me why he hasn't been picked up by anyone (to my knowledge) yet. He's not the best, but far from the worst option, IMO...

He was picked up -- by the Cowboys, if I remember correctly. But a couple of days after signing, he announced his retirement.