How's Leinart Doing?

dubs

I looked through the discussion list and didn't see anything out there (please feel free to close or merge as needed).

I can't believe I am asking this, but has anyone gotten an indication of how Matt Leinart is doing in practice? I know we are all hoping EJ is back and if not, Tuel can step in for a game, but I'd have to imagine that Marrone and Hackett are taking a hard look at Leinart in case EJ is out and they don't want to start an UDFA rookie against the Pats in week 1.

Thoughts?

Camp is over so there are no more public practices. Otherwise I'm sure Astrobot or someone would be on it. We have to rely on the press corps.

PTR

So in other words, we'll have to see for ourselves on Thursday night.

Camp is over so there are no more public practices. Otherwise I'm sure Astrobot or someone would be on it. We have to rely on the press corps.

PTR

Why did Tebow contact Leinart?

So in other words, we'll have to see for ourselves on Thursday night.

Hey, they might get to that question after they are done badgering anyone who will listen about Jairus Byrd's impending trade and enormous dissatisfaction with the Bills, along with his plan to mail in the season so as not to get injured..

PTR

I urged Astrobot to obtain a press credential for this very reason. But he ignored me.

GO BILLS!!!

he is probley doing and playing the same way he has for the past 7 year....not very good.

no issue with leinart being the 3rd qb on our roster, but this guy has proven to not be winner for 7 yrs, so probley likely that he will continue that here.

he is probley doing and playing the same way he has for the past 7 year....not very good.

no issue with leinart being the 3rd qb on our roster, but this guy has proven to not be winner for 7 yrs, so probley likely that he will continue that here.

Leinart won't be the 3rd QB -- that role is normally reserved for young guys (i.e., projects). I could see EJ/Leinart/Tuel or EJ/Tuel/Lewis.

Marrone was quick to say he hasn't decided who plays when Thursday. Don't be surprised if Thad gets next ups after Tuel, if Tuel even plays.

PTR

I agree. I think Tuel starts the game so that the first time that actually warms up and starts a real NFL game is not against the Pats. I would be surprised if Tuel plays more than a series or two. After that, it will be Leinart and Thad for the rest of the game.

I think Tuel gets 2 quarters and Leinart and Lewis each get one. Tuel starts. They all need to play, Tuel needs the most reps, even if it is against Detroit's 6th string, their ballboy, and waterboy. If they think EJ may not be ready for game 1 then Tuel may only get a quarter to minimize injury to our only other body who knows the playbook.

Impressed with your evaluation of him.....

given he started his rookie and 2nd year with Kurt Warner on his back, then the next 2 years behind Warner, then 2 years behind Schaub---not much of a chance to start.Last year he was in a mess that was Oakland. In terms of playing time he has had what less than 2 full seasons starting?

remember it takes time for QBs to develop in this league. I see Luck struggling alot this year since teams now have had a year of data to analyze his tendancies...teams will be making it difficult for him.

Impressed with your evaluation of him.....

given he started his rookie and 2nd year with Kurt Warner on his back, then the next 2 years behind Warner, then 2 years behind Schaub---not much of a chance to start.Last year he was in a mess that was Oakland. In terms of playing time he has had what less than 2 full seasons starting?

remember it takes time for QBs to develop in this league. I see Luck struggling alot this year since teams now have had a year of data to analyze his tendancies...teams will be making it difficult for him.

Luckily we are only discussing one game (hopefully) that we'd need someone to step in for Manuel. I guess what I'd like to know is if we'd be in better shape with Leinart than Tuel. I know Leinart sucks, but I would imagine that his NFL experience might be better in week 1 than feeding Tuel to the Pats on a silver platter.

He was on John Murphy's show the other night. He seems content with helping EJ and Tuel

I'm sure he is. Since he was sitting on his couch for 8 months waiting for the phone to ring.

Camp is over so there are no more public practices. Otherwise I'm sure Astrobot or someone would be on it. We have to rely on the press corpse.

PTR

Fixed

random question:

How do I get rid of the line below my number of posts that says: 1 Warning Post? Am I on double secret probation or something? I think I said a swear or called someone a turd a couple years ago and it's stuck with me ever since.

I think Tuel gets 2 quarters and Leinart and Lewis each get one.

QB playing time vs. the Lions could be something to watch as a true indicator of EJ's chances of playing in the opener. My read would be, if EJ truly projects to be unavailable for week 1, Tuel plays LESS vs. the Lions because he's the closest thing they have to a game-ready QB and they don't want him hurt for the Pats* game.

Curious to hear others' opinions on this.

Edited by BillnutinHouston

QB playing time vs. the Lions could be something to watch as a true indicator of EJ's chances of playing in the opener. My read would be, if EJ truly projects to be unavailable for week 1, Tuel plays LESS vs. the Lions because he's the closest thing they have to a game-ready QB and they don't want him hurt for the Pats* game.

Curious to hear others' opinions on this.

I see the reasoning. I think he just plays a series or two regardless. I don't think they will know about EJ until the weekend when they start prepping for the Pats so they might as well keep Tuel in the Box tomorrow regardless.

random question:

How do I get rid of the line below my number of posts that says: 1 Warning Post? Am I on double secret probation or something? I think I said a swear or called someone a turd a couple years ago and it's stuck with me ever since.

What a turd?

You only have 1 point?

To be cool you have to have 10 and up.

Hey mods: Turd is a bad word?

random question:

I had a warning once and I don't know why since I don't swear here or call my fellow posters turds (though I can understand the temptation).

Then the warning went away and I don't know why that happened either.