Tuel's College Coach Curious to See Him Start

'He's never really won any games," Leach said in an interview with SiriusXM NFL Radio. "His entire college career and maybe his high school career as well, he's never really gotten into a rhythm, between injuries and just being moved around a bit, with new coaches."'

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9604561/mike-leach-curious-see-jeff-tuel-play-buffalo-bills-qb

Uh....great. Thanks for the pep talk, Coach.

I live in Washington stste......he was injured and basically played only 1 game in one season, then in his final season a new coach comes on with a different system and he loses his best receiver due to a dispute with the coach.

Winning and losing takes alot more than just a QB

Wow This kid does not have a good history, where did they find him. Seems like nobody has much good to say about past. But I'll tell you what I have liked what I've seen, and so too must the coaches. It sure would be nice to get a little lucky for once and find a little diamond in the rough!

'He's never really won any games," Leach said in an interview with SiriusXM NFL Radio. "His entire college career and maybe his high school career as well, he's never really gotten into a rhythm, between injuries and just being moved around a bit, with new coaches."'

http://espn.go.com/n...uffalo-bills-qb

Uh....great. Thanks for the pep talk, Coach.

How inspiring is that BS? Especially coming form a leech?

He has already played better than Losman, Edwards, Fitz, Brohm, et al, in the preseason setting. That might not count for much, but it is the only opportunity he has had. The other guys couldn't even look good in preseason.

I don't want want to get ahead of things, but he can throw the ball really well, and it's possible that he never had the right situation to succeed college.

He has already played better than Losman, Edwards, Fitz, Brohm, et al, in the preseason setting. That might not count for much, but it is the only opportunity he has had. The other guys couldn't even look good in preseason.

I don't want want to get ahead of things, but he can throw the ball really well, and it's possible that he never had the right situation to succeed college.

I like Tuel too, but people tend to forget, Trent Edwards was a pre-season phenom his rookie season. Not trying to rationalize anything (maybe a little) but as I recall, that is why so many thought Trent had "it" when he came in for his first regular season appearance for JP, and led them right down the field, for a field goal, as I recall. He played just well enough, for a few more weeks to think that his pre-season performaces were going to start to translate in the "real" games...it just didn't work out that way, for whatever reason.

I like Tuel too, but people tend to forget, Trent Edwards was a pre-season phenom his rookie season. Not trying to rationalize anything (maybe a little) but as I recall, that is why so many thought Trent had "it" when he came in for his first regular season appearance for JP, and led them right down the field, for a field goal, as I recall. He played just well enough, for a few more weeks to think that his pre-season performaces were going to start to translate in the "real" games...it just didn't work out that way, for whatever reason.

Okay. I am curious to see TE's stats for that preseason, or even better, the actual footage.

Let's just beat this into the ground.

Come on. Tuel against scrubs in the second half went 7 straight series without a single first down. Everyone likes a good story but he has by no means beat all the players you mention. He flat out sucked against the skins.

This is the stuff legends are made of. Can you imagine him starting the first game and betting Brady? It would be like Francis Ouimet winning the US Open!

I get where you're coming from, but this would stile pale in comparison to Quimet winning the US Open, by a considerable amount, imo.

Come on. Tuel against scrubs in the second half went 7 straight series without a single first down. Everyone likes a good story but he has by no means beat all the players you mention. He flat out sucked against the skins.

Don't forget that Marrone and Hackett obviously limited him because Kolb and EJ weren't options to replace him if anything were to happen. That had to have factored into that performance quite a bit. And the Skins knew that, too. I still don't think the Redskins game as a whole is an accurate gauge of this team. Even though he'll be back in October, the Gilmore injury is still the most frustrating for me.

But Trent even showed the "it" factor in the regular season games. He looked solid replacing JP in 2007 until he was injured, but won the starting job in 2008 and went 5-1 (including two game-winning 4th quarter drives) before the concussion really took effect. He lost his confidence and never really got it back.

Let's see what Tuel has. The comments from Leach are curious, but I'm not sure I want to trust anything he says. Some QBs in college are just OK, but thrive in the NFL. We're still 10-11 days away from opening day and there's still talk that EJ might be ready. Exercise patience before we jump off the ledge.

Edited by BuffaloWings