Marrone on EJ:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuel vs. Patriots is a moot point. EJ will be the guy.

Agree...I am so sure that this is OBD being careful that I will eat Tom Landry's fedora if EJ doesn't play week one...

I hope we don't have a poster named "Tom Landry's Fedora"...that would be awkard...

Edited by MOFO

Agree...I am so sure that this is OBD being careful that I will eat Tom Landry's fedora if EJ doesn't play week one...

I hope we don't have a poster named "Tom Landry's Fedora"...that would be awkard...

How many people wi consider changing their username to that.... Ugh... Some people..

Tuel vs. Patriots is a moot point. EJ will be the guy.

Manuel has always been the week 1 starter IMO and that has NEVER changed. Your plan is Tuel because he's the one practicing... Lets see what the plan is next Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday.

I have been assuming this from the time he was injured. Maybe this will cut in half the "doomsday" posts.

A rookie QB had surgery on his knee and has not been physically practicing, but apparently has been a part of the mental prep etc.

You guys must know more than I, Manuel, and Marrone do to be so sure he will start in a very short time from now ;)

A rookie QB had surgery on his knee and has not been physically practicing, but apparently has been a part of the mental prep etc.

You guys must know more than I, Manuel, and Marrone do to be so sure he will start in a very short time from now ;)

I think you are getting caught up in the word surgery, a flushing out of the knee or a drain are not the same meaning as what I think you are linking it to.

I think you are getting caught up in the word surgery, a flushing out of the knee or a drain are not the same meaning as what I think you are linking it to.

You're right, but he may have been referring more to the lack of actual football practice by EJ. Sure, he may be heathy soon enough, but are 5? 6? practices enough to shake off the rust and reach the level he was at during the vikings game?

You're right, but he may have been referring more to the lack of actual football practice by EJ. Sure, he may be heathy soon enough, but are 5? 6? practices enough to shake off the rust and reach the level he was at during the vikings game?

I think no practices followed by having a vivid dream about football the night before the game would make EJ twice as prepared as Tuel.

LOL, dude that made me spit coffee.. :)

I think no practices followed by having a vivid dream about football the night before the game would make EJ twice as prepared as Tuel.

Perhaps. Though I'm less worried about him being more prepared than Tuel, than being at a level where playing in a game won't stunt his growth. I would hate to trot him out there before he's ready. Maybe I'm being too cautious, but I reaaally want him to have some success and get confidence right out of the gate. That said, I am rooting for him to start week 1 anyway haha

He probably is ready to practice physically, but the team is being extra-cautious until after Thursday because as cute a story it is to talk about Tuel starting game 1, not so cute to think about him starting all season if the knee gets aggravated. They know that a full week of practice for EJ prior to Game 1 is as good or better as Tuel with the extra 3 weeks.

Perhaps. Though I'm less worried about him being more prepared than Tuel, than being at a level where playing in a game won't stunt his growth. I would hate to trot him out there before he's ready. Maybe I'm being too cautious, but I reaaally want him to have some success and get confidence right out of the gate. That said, I am rooting for him to start week 1 anyway haha

Yup. It's really about his mental strength. Throwing someone like Vince Young out there and throwing someone like Peyton Manning out there would likely yield different long-term results in a situation like this.

From what I've seen, read and heard about EJ and watching/listening to him in interviews, he appears to be a smart, grounded kid.

He's likely practical enough to understand that, given his time away from the practice field, a less-than-stellar performance isn't going to derail his career.

That's my hope, anyway.

Go Bills!

The whole stunting their growth and shattering of confidence thing is out the window when your choice is a rookie or a rookie. Someone is getting thrown to the wolves.