Bills Trade for Lions QB Thaddeus Lewis

BRAWNDO

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why trade for Lewis and not Kellen Moore? Just curious of the two battling for Detroit 3rd stringers/Practice squad players.

Maybe they just cut him?

Just guessing, but Moore would probably cost them more. And, if they trade for Lewis (who likely would have been cut, you are right) it assures that he goes to Buffalo, likely didn't cost them much (haven't heard that part of the deal yet)...the Bills need bodies in camp asap!

If Kolb is done, it almost seems like they have to carry 4 QBs. EJ, Tuel (if they PS him, he is gone) and then Lewis and Leinart. Lewis sounds like a better fit for the offense, at least short term, than Leinart...but Leinart may (I say may) be a better guy for them in the long run.

Wow. What an early challenge for the Bills front office and coaching staff. Let's see how good their knowledge is of the league. Just a couple years ago Kolb was a sought after player so he was a reasonable vet to bring in short term. Now they have to get EJ ready and develop another plan B and quick. Such an interesting test.

In hindsight that exemption lasting through the first week of the season would've been really nice right now - and that's nothing to do with Byrd. The extra week to figure out injuries/ability before activating Byrd the day before the game could've been nice

Might not be great for tuel either. Ej and the guy you traded for make the roster. Leaves 3 guys fighting for 1 spot. Tuel to the PS and kolb/Leinart on the 53 might be how they carry bodies til everyone's health is sorted out.

I think they need to have Tuel on the 53 as potential game 1 starter. If EJ isn't ready, they're not going to throw someone in there who has 2 weeks of practice with the team

In ther NFL.com story I just posted it says that they selected Kellen Moore due tohis superior arm strength thus making Lewis available. Wasn't the knock on Moore coming out his size and lack of arm strength? That doesn't sound promising for Lewis.

The article is confusing, but the link actually states that scouts believe Moore is stronger-armed than he was last season, not that Moore is stronger-armed than Lewis is.

http://www.freep.com/article/20130824/SPORTS01/308240051/1049/sports01

I think they need to have Tuel on the 53 as potential game 1 starter. If EJ isn't ready, they're not going to throw someone in there who has 2 weeks of practice with the team

They have the doctors to make that call. I'm hopeful that the reports of it being minor are true - though understand the concern.

With regards to ability if ej isn't ready tuel certainly isn't

Might not be great for tuel either. Ej and the guy you traded for make the roster. Leaves 3 guys fighting for 1 spot. Tuel to the PS and kolb/Leinart on the 53 might be how they carry bodies til everyone's health is sorted out.

I think Tuel really hurt himself with the performance against the Redskins... 0 first downs in the 2nd half was just terrible. The whole thought of him being the primary backup has gone out the window as of yesterday. He probably can change that viewpoint with a convincing performance next week. I'm sure he'll get at least a half. But without a strong showing next week he'll have to be headed to the Practice Squad...

Chris White @CWhite51

Would like to thank the @buffalobills organization for giving me an opportunity to play in the nfl. I have enjoyed two years here and wish

6:24 PM - 25 Aug 2013

Dammit! I had an old Poz #51 jersey I was going to put White's name on. Maybe Leinert will wear 51?

PTR