In case you missed this from last week's Cowboys-Cardinals game

• Dad brings teenage son to football game
  • Dad wants to take a picture of the son at the game, so he asks son to hold his beer so that he could take out his camera from his pocket
  • Undercover State police see this and forcibly throw Dad out of the stadium for contributing to the deliquency of a minor by having him hold his beer

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/23235586/2013/08/22/fan-ejected-from-game

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in the day my pop and I had season tickets to Syracuse Football. Starting at about 17 or so he used to bring 4 beers back from the concessions and leave 2 under the bench for me. Some of the season ticket holders around us were privy to the situation but said nothing......those were great times. Great memories having a beer at the game with dad.

Have a similar story like this. When I was 19 about 7 friends and I went to Cedar Point for the weekend. On the 2nd day, before we did anything (hadn't gone on the Magnum yet and that was going to be out first stop) 2 of my buddies, the youngest (17) and the oldest but youngest looking, went into the beer tent to buy a few brews with their fake IDs. As they came out, my buddy asked another friend to hold his beer while he tied his shoes. About 50ft later we were circled like an injured animal as the park security swarmed us like packs of wolves.

Both friends that bought the beer were arrested as was my buddy that held it for the one that tied his shoes.

We had to bail them all out and of course out trip was over. Memorable trip but horrible at that point.

• Undercover State police see this and forcibly throw Dad out of the stadium for contributing to the deliquency of a minor by having him hold his beer

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/23235586/2013/08/22/fan-ejected-from-game

Huh? That is not what the liquor board said happened.

They said NO citations were given and they tossed him out for escalating the incident and getting combative when they questioned him about the son holding the beer. They even said they knew the teenager wasn't drinking AFTER they figured out what was happening and AFTER the father got testy w/them.

Sounds like the guys fault for getting testy. The 15 year was holding a beer, the officers can ask questions. Sounds like the guy shouldn't have got snarky.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Huh? That is not what the liquor board said happened.

They said NO citations were given and they tossed him out for escalating the incident and getting combative when they questioned him about the son holding the beer. They even said they knew the teenager wasn't drinking AFTER they figured out what was happening and AFTER the father got testy w/them.

Sounds like the guys fault for getting testy. The 15 year was holding a beer, the officers can ask questions. Sounds like the guy shouldn't have got snarky.

You are so right. We should all be happy with the government questioning every little thing and never speak freely.

Back in the day my pop and I had season tickets to Syracuse Football. Starting at about 17 or so he used to bring 4 beers back from the concessions and leave 2 under the bench for me. Some of the season ticket holders around us were privy to the situation but said nothing......those were great times. Great memories having a beer at the game with dad.

Shoot, I remember swigging off my folks beers, with their full knowlede, as a kid at Shakey's pizza, all while watching Popeye cartoons!

Ummm..the game took place in ARIZONA.

Damn pc liberal nanny states! :rolleyes:

Edited by Buftex

You are so right. We should all be happy with the government questioning every little thing and never speak freely.

So now police can't question a minor in possession of alcohol? Speaking freely is one thing. Being ignorant is another.

Dang it. This should have been posted in PPP. We might have finally had a good canidate to go from PPP to TSW.

Technically, my "Would ya, Would ya, gotta wait a few years" thread I started in PPP then moved to OTW before anyone replied to it.

AZ is over the top on drinking. Went to school in Temp, my friend and I got kicked out of a D backs game because she was holding my beer while I was in the bathroom (open plastic cups near splashing bodily fluids is probably my only phobia) Tried to intimidate me by saying i could be charged for serving a minor or something along those lines.

Worse, got ID'd by a cop who was driving down the street while my 20 year old roommate was helping me carry in the groceries and had a six pack in his pile of stuff. He told me my multiple NY IDs were fake and that it was a felony to forge an ID, had to get my passport to get my ID back. 10 minutes later after backup arrived he told me that if i gave my 20 year old roommate a beer in our house i could be charged "so make sure you don't serve him, or i'll be back". I asked him why they didn't spend more time worrying about the meth heads and prostitutes the next block over. No answer.

Edited by Garvis

What a shock - a drunk got testy with security and got kicked out of the stadium... I still say double the prices and cut out 10-20% of the seats. Then it will be an enjoyable experience again. I won't take my kids unless I buy club level. I went to Bills-Cards last year with my 9 and 10 year old. Had a great time in the luxury section. I'm flying in for Bills Chiefs if I can find Van Miller seats.

I was outside Yankee stadium at a top level by the subway 3 stories up. My friend wanted a cigerette and asked the group of us if he could smoke there- while some bystander was paying close attention to us. We looked around, and said "there is no "no smoking" signs, and it is outside-I think it's alright to smoke here". My friend looked around some more, then decided to light that cigerette....and that bystander gave my friend a ticket for lighting up. I thkink it was $100