Obama Honors '72 Dolphins for some reason

Ralonzo

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably because it has been 40 years. That SB was played in 1973... Rest of the world got Elvis in Hawaii and we got Miami and that racist team in the SB... Had to wait till April to get Aloha from Hawaii... LoL... Satellite schmattilite!

And... The Bills almost beat those felons @ the Orange Bowl that season... Lost by one point...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Probably because it has been 40 years. That SB was played in 1973... Rest of the world got Elvis in Hawaii and we got Miami and that racist team in the SB... Had to wait till April to get Aloha from Hawaii... LoL... Satellite schmattilite!

And... The Bills almost beat those felons @ the Orange Bowl that season... Lost by one point...

One point is all it takes....

Let's see..He does not know about: Bengazi, the IRS, Fast & Furious, Border Security, NSA, etc., etc. What are the chances he knows anything about this??? :doh:

He does know about all of those.

His administration is getting to the bottom of all of them.

The idea was brought up by Dolphins reps and it is being paid for completely by the teams owner. From what I understand it is because they were never publicly acknowledged by the President after their Super Bowl win in 1972 because then President Nixon was so wrapped up in the Watergate issue that not only weren't they invited to the White House, he never bothered to give them even the phone call after the game that was pretty much standard practice back then although he did send both coaches a telegram some time later. The fact that Nixon never called after the game is a bit surprising given the his history of calling up NFL coaches to submit plays to them (with somewhat less than stellar results).

3 of the Dolphins (Langer, Fernandez and Kuechenberg) refused to go to the White House because they hate Obama and everything that he stands for:

http://www.dailymail...like-Obama.html

Incorrect.

They disagree with his policies and choose not to be used as props, there is no indication that they "hate" Mr. Obama.

Edited by B-Man

They disagree with his policies

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/23236793/some-member-of-72-dolphins-refuse-white-house-invite

"I want to be careful, because mom said if you have nothing good to say about someone, then don't say anything"

"I just don't believe in this administration."

"I don't want to be in a room with those people."

That's more than just "disagreement".

http://www.cbssports...te-house-invite

"I want to be careful, because mom said if you have nothing good to say about someone, then don't say anything"

"I just don't believe in this administration."

"I don't want to be in a room with those people."

That's more than just "disagreement".

No, it's not.

Hate expresses itself very clearly.

This is not personal with your response, I am just tired of the automatic, fallback position of many, that serious policy disagreement = Hate

At least the PPPers are consistent. See the President's name, get wood, post snarky response. You guys are awesome. It's a shame that BO is holding you back.

No, it's not.

Hate expresses itself very clearly.

This is not personal with your response, I am just tired of the automatic, fallback position of many, that serious policy disagreement = Hate

I guess I'm strange. I root for the President & the country to succeed. Sad that there are so many that do the opposite.