Bills ticket office would not sell me season tickets

Thanks for the advice. But no thanks.

This is not really that hard. I'm a customer

I want to buy your product. I should be able

To do it. I think it's rotten to be treated like this

And I'm pretty upset about it.

Your missing the point. I did not know that I might

Be getting season tickets as a gift until yesterday.

Yes I agree if I knew that I was going to get season

Tickets last week I would have done it then. It's

A retirement gift and I did not pick the date to get it.

Edited by billsareback

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry to hear about this billsareback.

I can only think of two things to do:

1) Call the NFL and ask them if what the Bills ticket office says is true. It sounds like the Bills might be giving you a line of bull. If the league can confirm that the Bills are lying to you, you have a much better chance at "winning."

2) Try to contact someone higher up in the Bills organization. At every step that you don't get satisfaction you should demand to speak to that person's superior. Just work your way up.

If you're rude and angry, they'll sandbag you so be polite but firm. Write down your main points on a piece of paper and calmly run down them to each person you speak with. Be factual, not emotional. You will win on facts, not anger. If you find out that what the Bills have told you is NOT an NFL policy, that obviously will give you a lot more ammo.

And whatever you do, don't let this ruin your season. Remember that Wilson has always been the same person he is now and don't let the backwards nature of his business practices ruin your retirement, your party, or the generosity of your wife's gift.

Good luck.

Not sure the reason for all the hostility toward billsareback.

As much as I love the NFL, as time wares on, I grow increasingly disenchanted by the way the league treats its' fans. I realize, believe me, they must know what they are doing, because they make a **** ton of money.... but they treat the fans of their product like crap. And, for whatever reason, we keep coming back for more.

I'm sorry to hear about this billsareback.

I can only think of two things to do:

1) Call the NFL and ask them if what the Bills ticket office says is true. It sounds like the Bills might be giving you a line of bull. If the league can confirm that the Bills are lying to you, you have a much better chance at "winning."

2) Try to contact someone higher up in the Bills organization. At every step that you don't get satisfaction you should demand to speak to that person's superior. Just work your way up.

If you're rude and angry, they'll sandbag you so be polite but firm. Write down your main points on a piece of paper and calmly run down them to each person you speak with. Be factual, not emotional. You will win on facts, not anger. If you find out that what the Bills have told you is NOT an NFL policy, that obviously will give you a lot more ammo.

And whatever you do, don't let this ruin your season. Remember that Wilson has always been the same person he is now and don't let the backwards nature of his business practices ruin your retirement, your party, or the generosity of your wife's gift.

Good luck.

This ^ stay calm and focused and when you don't get satisfaction ask to speak with a supervisor, go up as high as needed and consider it a negotiation. You can also use some of the "deals" at stub hub and such as a tactic to get your point across. If all that doesn't work get a little angry but tell them you just want "them" to get your money to support the team. (god, it seems I have been getting people to take my money in one of these situations all my life! Stupidity is such a virus.) If in the end you still get no satisfaction....well you tried. Sometime stupid people and organizations just don't want our money. :doh: Good luck and don't forget just because you retired didn't mean you can just stop working for what you want. Cheers to you!

Go Bills. PS post what happens please.

If you make it clear to them that you are willing to pay the price for the past Minny game, that's the only fair thing, as I see it. Otherwise, people would try to buy season tickets after the stupid preseason games all the time. Maybe that's the reason for the rule. Just to be cut and dried about it.

As a 28 year sth, who never uses my preseason games, I'd be a little pissed if people could buy seasons after the preseason was over.

my god man, get a grip.

now that you "know" the policy, you will be able to get the season tickets you desire in your price range for next season and beyond.

as far as this year goes, you claim they will sell you individual tix in the non-premium areas you prefer and that you don't care about preseason. the only down side is you possibly sit in a different section each game and lose one year of seniority. look at that as an opportunity to check out different viewing vantage points so that next year you know exactly what you prefer, like row 10 and below is to low or the upper deck may be too high or the endzone is ok.

as far as cost goes, I have seats in section 110 lower bowl , 35 yard line. I pay the season ticket price of $77 each game times 9 games (7 reg & 2 pre) for a total of $693 per season/per seat. if you divide that $693 by just the 7 regular season games, that gives you a budget of $99 per game, which is probably exactly what the bills would charge for individual games. you can also take your chances on the after market where you will probably get to buy tix for even less, especially the later games. I also have 6 season tickets in sec 202 (rockpile) and pay only $25 each per game.

the bills website CLEARLY states their season ticket availability. all this ranting and raving for a temporary minor inconvenience.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't just make up some arbitrary rule about needing hard numbers. Each team probably just wants to know how much revenue they are guaranteed to make by a certain deadline so they can plan their budget accordingly.

I already stated I was still willing to pay for both

Preseason games. The issue is this stupid rule they

Have. If I'm willing to purchase the nine game package

2 preseason games and 7 regular season games

Then I would get the tickets at season ticket prices.

It's a huge savings.

The hang up is the New England game for me.

Lowest price ticket on stub hub is around $95.00

The with taxes and sevice charges it goes up to around

$120.00 a ticket. That's $240.00. If I were

To get season tickets the price would be a whole

Lot lower. Then you add in paying full price for the

Other 6 games and its not such a great deal.

I just want to buy the season ticket package in the end

Zone I'm willing to pay for the whole package including

The preseason games. This should not

Be complicated. I have money. I want to spend

My money. The bills have tickets they need to

Sell. They have a customer ready to spend his money

Nuff said.

Edited by billsareback

I already stated I was still willing to pay for both

Preseason games. The issue is this stupid rule they

Have. If I'm willing to purchase the nine game package

2 preseason games and 7 regular season games

Then I would get the tickets at season ticket prices.

It's a huge savings.

The hang up is the New England game for me.

Lowest price ticket on stub hub is around $95.00

The with taxes and sevice charges it goes up to around

$120.00 a ticket. That's $240.00. If I were

To get season tickets the price would be a whole

Lot lower. Then you add in paying full price for the

Other 6 games and its not such a great deal.

I just want to buy the season ticket package in the end

Zone I'm willing to pay for the whole package including

The preseason games. This should not

Be complicated. I have money. I want to spend

My money. The bills have tickets they need to

Sell. They have a customer ready to spend his money

Nuff said.

So what you're saying is you have money, want season tix but they can't sell season tix to you after the Vikes game because of a league policy??

You may think it doesn't need to be complicated but when you're talking about the selling of 70,000 plus tickets for all those games plus the revenue sharing distribution it is going to get complicated. Multi-million dollar companies need to set rigid deadlines like this for tax and budgetary reasons. They also can't charge you to see a game that already happened.

Edited by cosmo

To turn down your good customers that really care

You might have better luck posting this at BB.com. You can also dig up email addresses for the brass. You never know...it can't hurt. If you can't find the addresses of the higher ups send a note to Chris Brown...again...it can't hurt.

You might have better luck posting this at BB.com. You can also dig up email addresses for the brass. You never know...it can't hurt. If you can't find the addresses of the higher ups send a note to Chris Brown...again...it can't hurt.

I was going to suggest that as well, you should make sure they know is in the public eye as well (but do it nicely). I would imagine that a bunch of these later replies are true but you may just try to get a sympathetic ear by going up on the phone tree and emailing. Special circumstances and human interest....Retirement present.. Go for it! I'd sell them to you.

You're out of luck because you waited till after the first pre-season game. Best bet now, call the ticket office, apologize for your behavior, and get individual seats for the remaining games at face value, and have them add you to the list for season ticket prospects next year. The advantage here is that getting individuals this year, you can try out different areas of the stadium without being locked into one set of seats.

Signed, a former Buffalo Bills Blue Coat

Only one game is sold out the New England

Game. They have tickets held back for that game

All other games are not sold out. You would think

That me being a customer they would sell me

Season tickets. It's not really a good policy

To turn down your good customers that really care

however all the cheaper seats are likely sold out for the home opener. In fact, they probably don't have many seats at all left for that game. It's the season opener, against the Pats, new coaching staff and QB. Do the math

In guessing part of the reason is that technically the season has already started. I'm a season ticket holder and we have to pay full price for all preseason games. May be a way to make sure large groups of people don't try and get around paying for preseason games. The $ lost by the very few cases like yourself is negligible compared to however many thousands of full price preseason tickets that they "sell".

Edited by billsfanmiami(oh)