Jerry Hughes

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And don't forget Byrd isn't in either.

Byrd is getting on my nerves at this point. Put that contract bull---t aside and join your team already. He's going to get paid what a tagged player gets paid anyway. How can you sit back and watch your team play as good as they are right now and not want to join them?

Byrd is getting on my nerves at this point. Put that contract bull---t aside and join your team already. He's going to get paid what a tagged player gets paid anyway. How can you sit back and watch your team play as good as they are right now and not want to join them?

I could be wrong but isn't his agent Eugene Parker? I wonder if some teams, just some teams avoid drafting certain players if they are represented by agents such as Parker who can be a pain in the ass to deal with. I'm most likely wrong but just wondering.

Overall I think drafting a player who the team thinks will pan out overrides any risk of dealing with an agent who will severely gum up the works of his client signing a new contract.

Eugene seems to be doing his job well for his clients but he is such a pain to deal with for teams.

Also, yes the Byrd situation is getting on my nerves as well.

Edited by Pilsner

and Mc'Lovin... 4 starters missing... This is a new TEAM.... This D will be able to keep us in games and just seeing them line up is a pleasure showing so many different looks. Pre-season on not, Pettine was instilled a different mentality. We got a bunch of sacks plus a ton of pressures and hits on QBs. My fav was the sandwich hit where QB felt pressure from outside and TRIED to step up in pocket and throw and Carrington just creamed him. Carrington was all over place too. Very nice to see how well D is attacking.

mclovin not playing is addition by subtraction. Don't fool yourself, he is still very weak.

I'm not being a jerk, but why were you a big fan of Shepard?

I happened to hear him on the John Murphy show last year and I loved his attitude. At the time I was (as most of us were) just incredibly frustrated with the team and so sick of underachievement. Listening to this guy's passion was like a breath of fresh air to me and the guy got me fired up. He's far more a student of the game than I gave him credit for and he just struck me as the type of guy I'd want to go to war with. I was rooting for him to raise his game to match his motivation.

Remember the threads devoted to the Hughes trade?

As per usual, there were a lot of optimists and a lot of pessimists.

Personally I couldn't believe that we could trade Kelvin Sheppard for anything, much less a former first rounder coming off a career high 4.5 sacks.

I wonder how the trade is playing in Indy right around now.

The deal was an OLB/DE for an ILB---with buffalo drafting an ILB they felt he was expendable and Hughes was stuck behind depth after Indy switched to a 3-4 system under their new coach last year.

different perspective on this:

. http://forums.colts.com/topic/17941-colts-have-traded-jerry-hughes-for-bills-lb-kelvin-sheppard/

I could be wrong but isn't his agent Eugene Parker? I wonder if some teams, just some teams avoid drafting certain players if they are represented by agents such as Parker who can be a pain in the ass to deal with. I'm most likely wrong but just wondering.

Overall I think drafting a player who the team thinks will pan out overrides any risk of dealing with an agent who will severely gum up the works of his client signing a new contract.

Eugene seems to be doing his job well for his clients but he is such a pain to deal with for teams.

Also, yes the Byrd situation is getting on my nerves as well.

I'm definitely not the one with the answers to players' agents. I'm sure you're right and it IS parker but still. The player can easily tell his agent, ok man, I'm going back to training camp, whether his agent agrees or not... Might as well pick up the playbook and train with your teammates so you don't look out of place when the regular season starts.

mclovin not playing is addition by subtraction. Don't fool yourself, he is still very weak.

I'm kind of shocked people are still taking this stance.

You don't think it had ANYTHING to do with our scheme? Doesn't this exact thread speak against the theory that players can't be victims of schemes?

I'm sorry, but there isn't a corner in the league that could have covered guys for as long as our DB's had to cover last year, not one.

Let's give him a few games under Pettine before we kick him out of town.

he was totally miscast with the colts, What I like more than anything is that we finally have a coaching staff that can marginal players and make em good and good players great.

I know its a popular phrase- but he played both a 43 rush end and 34 olb, and was simply a situational rusher. Word out of colts boards was he has well used last year, just not often enough used. Care to elaborate on his total misuse compared to our projected use, compared to his skill set?

the more guys like Hughes and Dowtin and the rest of the D contribute the more it helps the Bills/ hurts leverage Parker has.

If i am Whaley i send Parker a note, OUR D is looking good.

Anyone know his contract status? I believe he played 3 years in Indy and most 1st rounders have 5 year front loaded deals, so hopefully we have him this year and next at a reasonable price....

5 year deal. Late first so really cheap regardless of structure. Whole thing was like 10m and likely hit none of his escalators along the way. Should be two years on the cheap.

the more guys like Hughes and Dowtin and the rest of the D contribute the more it helps the Bills/ hurts leverage Parker has.

If i am Whaley i send Parker a note, OUR D is looking good.

But then Parker sends back "your d could be looking better"

Unless someone's challenging to take byrds starting spot, a backup olb playing well isn't going to force their hand. Hell be back in about 2 weeks anyway.

Remember the threads devoted to the Hughes trade?

As per usual, there were a lot of optimists and a lot of pessimists.

Personally I couldn't believe that we could trade Kelvin Sheppard for anything, much less a former first rounder coming off a career high 4.5 sacks.

I wonder how the trade is playing in Indy right around now.

You guys crack me up.

If this season plays out like the rest everyone that's replied as such in this thread will be calling for the FO heads that can't draft and made this trade.

Nothing like a massive overreaction to preseason.

By that logic Goodwin will post 8 KRs for TDs this season too.

I'm sorry, but it's so funny.

You guys crack me up.

If this season plays out like the rest everyone that's replied as such in this thread will be calling for the FO heads that can't draft and made this trade.

Nothing like a massive overreaction to preseason.

By that logic Goodwin will post 8 KRs for TDs this season too.

I'm sorry, but it's so funny.

Why are you here? Serious question.

I'm kind of shocked people are still taking this stance.

You don't think it had ANYTHING to do with our scheme? Doesn't this exact thread speak against the theory that players can't be victims of schemes?

I'm sorry, but there isn't a corner in the league that could have covered guys for as long as our DB's had to cover last year, not one.

Let's give him a few games under Pettine before we kick him out of town.

ok, let us re--evaluate after 6 games then. it does say something that the new coaches have him as the #2db pretty much unchallenged,