This defense is going to terrorize the NFL

1B4IDie

Yeah its week 2 of the Pre-Season. Yes the Minnesota centers appeared to be trying out for long snapper on 1st down.

But seriously this defense looks fearsome.

They are shuffling the D-Line like back in the day when Bruce would jump around and attack the weakest link. They are fast, like my fast is faster than your fast, fast. Jerry Hughes was wide wide wide and got to the QB fast fast fast. The Safeties are bringing some major wood when someone gets the ball.

It has been a long time since the Bills had a defense that sparked fear in the hearts of the opposition.

I have been trying not to believe the Pettine hype until I see it with my own eyes on the field.

I've seen it now. Yes its pre-season but it looks real.

I'm calling it now.

Bad things Man . ..

I would temper the enthusiasm just a bit. I think our D looks better because Indy and Minny did not game plan for such an attacking defense. But I hope I'm wrong. Nothing would make me happier than seeing Tom Brady looking out his earhole every time he passes.

PTR

This defense is obviously way ahead of last years, but that is not a very high standard to compare to. Wanny was a total Loser and it was clear that he was just here to collect a pay check. This coaching staff clearly has a plan, and these younger coaches are not going to make fools of themselves. This fact alone will provide better play on both sides of the ball.

I would temper the enthusiasm just a bit. I think our D looks better because Indy and Minny did not game plan for such an attacking defense. But I hope I'm wrong. Nothing would make me happier than seeing Tom Brady looking out his earhole every time he passes.

PTR

That would make me so happy.

Edited by Nikademus

Mine too!

But your avatar shows that it says Bruce is Loose. Not Bad Things, Man. That was the Dennis Hopper commercial.

PTR

it's way better trying to temper the enthusiasm than the usual "come on, it's only preseason. Remember how many preseason games the Super Bowl Bills lost?"

I am very concerned about Dareus stopping the run.

on running plays he was getting pushed around. he looks fat and out of shape.

on passing plays he looked ok. obviously he over powered the RB on his sack coming off the edge unblocked.

I was very pleased by what I saw from the D in the first half. I get that the Vikings are a poor offense and that All Day was not on the field, but I have to believe they are going to at least be middle of the pack this year. It was exciting to see pressure, real pressure, instead of a QB siting in the pocket for 5+ seconds, calmly hitting his 4th option for 15+ yards. At least they were making the QBs react to them, instead of them reacting to the QBs.

Well see what happens come reg season time, but tonight did not suck.

I am very concerned about Dareus stopping the run.

on running plays he was getting pushed around. he looks fat and out of shape.

Agreed, he looks way too chunky. Will be interesting to see how the staff handles him.

PTR

Brady did not have a lot of good days against the Jets D...

he had some but he looked pretty ordinary a lot of times against them...

Here's a different take. According to Football Outsiders, the Houston Texans D was ranked 31st in 2010, 6th in 2011 and 3rd in 2012. Maybe the biggest difference was more maturity, better health or JJ Watt but, in my opinion, the biggest reason for this rather abrupt improvement was Wade Philips.

So, the question becomes, if the 2013 Bills can be a top 10 defense under Mike Pettine (that's where the NJ Jets were every year and I think the Bills have more talent) what kind of record could they have?

PTR

That would bring me great joy.

PTR

Think the rest of the league's hold that against the bills? Meaning they are like wtf are they doing that for its the preaseason?

Here's a different take. According to Football Outsiders, the Houston Texans D was ranked 31st in 2010, 6th in 2011 and 3rd in 2012. Maybe the biggest difference was more maturity, better health or JJ Watt but, in my opinion, the biggest reason for this rather abrupt improvement was Wade Philips.

So, the question becomes, if the 2013 Bills can be a top 10 defense under Mike Pettine (that's where the NJ Jets were every year and I think the Bills have more talent) what kind of record could they have?

Well, wade, and adding probowl talent to one of the worst secondaries in the history of the game. Did you see any texans games in 2010? disastrous. Watt helped too but the 31st ranking was WRs running wiiiiide open all day long and they totally revamped the personnel because of it. Jonathan Joseph, I think daniel manning, 3 of their top 5 picks were DBs, and a first rounder the year prior.

Edited by NoSaint