This defense is going to terrorize the NFL

1B4IDie

I would temper the enthusiasm just a bit. I think our D looks better because Indy and Minny did not game plan for such an attacking defense. But I hope I'm wrong. Nothing would make me happier than seeing Tom Brady looking out his earhole every time he passes.

PTR

You and me both!

I am very concerned about Dareus stopping the run.

on running plays he was getting pushed around. he looks fat and out of shape.

on passing plays he looked ok. obviously he over powered the RB on his sack coming off the edge unblocked.

I agree he is disappointing for where he was drafted.

But he's still just a young kid and he is big enough to clog the middle for years ala Sam Adams style.

Well, wade, and adding probowl talent to one of the worst secondaries in the history of the game. Did you see any texans games in 2010? disastrous. Watt helped too but the 31st ranking was WRs running wiiiiide open all day long and they totally revamped the personnel because of it. Jonathan Joseph, I think daniel manning, 3 of their top 5 picks were DBs, and a first rounder the year prior.

Maybe the analogous talent infusion that makes the difference will be Alonso, Lawson, Hughes and Dowtin.

Maybe the analogous talent infusion that makes the difference will be Alonso, Lawson, Hughes and Dowtin.

If we improve, which seems very likely, it will likely be 99% scheme based. Our pass rush wasnt broken for lack of talent like their secondary was.

Edited by NoSaint

Yeah its week 2 of the Pre-Season. Yes the Minnesota centers appeared to be trying out for long snapper on 1st down.

But seriously this defense looks fearsome.

They are shuffling the D-Line like back in the day when Bruce would jump around and attack the weakest link. They are fast, like my fast is faster than your fast, fast. Jerry Hughes was wide wide wide and got to the QB fast fast fast. The Safeties are bringing some major wood when someone gets the ball.

It has been a long time since the Bills had a defense that sparked fear in the hearts of the opposition.

I have been trying not to believe the Pettine hype until I see it with my own eyes on the field.

I've seen it now. Yes its pre-season but it looks real.

I'm calling it now.

Bad things Man . ..

You rang?

Someone posted a thread a week or so ago asking to describe the Bills D in one word...well after tonight's game, my one word would be:

ABUSIVE

abusive, punishing, mean, nasty, fierce. They all work IMO. Can't wait until week 1. Hate to say it but could you imagine a healthy Merriman in this Defense? Glad we don't need him though. Hughes seems to be taking that job and running with it.

Their speed is real ... but going to need discipline to rattle Brady. It can be done, and is the way to beat the Pats (see Baltimore, Giants in both bowls). Expect a lot more run/pass balance out of them this year, though.

I agree with the pass/run balance we'll be having this year but I hope we pass more on 1st down. So far it seems like coaches like to run on 1st down all the time.

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz