The Trade Game

Is it worth noting that TJ Graham was one of the worst receivers in the NFL last season? Why would Seattle want him?

To run the Percy Harvin part of their offense until he comes back in Nov. The # of proven WRs in the NFL is really thin. I don't think they would offer a ton for him, but I do think they would want him. Plus, if he can return kicks he is valuable to any team.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, Chargers are hurting a bit aren't they?

A lot, and the guys they have that are healthy they don't like (i.e. Meachem). They play tonight so we'll see. They are likely waiting for the cuts so they can sign some guys ASAP. Also we can check out Chad Reinhardt, he starts there now. They will never deal him, or any OL though, that was a huge need and they did well.

I think Brad Smith might be tradeable...all the young (but admittedly unproven) talent on the roster. Plus, he did re-do his contract.

Wonder if we could get anything for Lindell orZSanders?

I like that idea much better! I think he's become expendable. If we needed to throw in a pick w/ Smith, I like that better than w/ Graham.

I think Brad Smith might be tradeable...all the young (but admittedly unproven) talent on the roster. Plus, he did re-do his contract.

Wonder if we could get anything for Lindell orZSanders?

Smith might be expendable for the Bills (might be), but I wonder if a team looking for wide receiver help would rate him that highly...

Is it worth noting that TJ Graham was one of the worst receivers in the NFL last season? Why would Seattle want him?

Wow! I guess I am in the minority in beieving that TJ was not so great, in part, because he didn't have a QB who could play to his strenghts...he was, essentially, relegated to being a possession receiver, because Fitz couldn't take advantage of his speed. I seem to recall, especially early in the season, that TJ was getting open down field...

Smith might be expendable for the Bills (might be), but I wonder if a team looking for wide receiver help would rate him that highly...

Wow! I guess I am in the minority in beieving that TJ was not so great, in part, because he didn't have a QB who could play to his strenghts...he was, essentially, relegated to being a possession receiver, because Fitz couldn't take advantage of his speed. I seem to recall, especially early in the season, that TJ was getting open down field...

Seattle's in a position where they need to wait until November for Harvin and are potentially a Super Bowl contending team,... Brad Smith is the surer choice for their needs. I'm liking this idea a lot. If this gave us a young starting LG, I'd have no problem throwing in a low round draft pick w/ Smith. Would rather keep TJ, not going to dismiss him because of some rookie year struggles

Edited by cage

He led the league in drop percentage and ran terrible routes - one of which led to a crushing loss in a game the Bills should have won because of a strong performance by Fitzpatrick. I mean, is everyone blind? He was AWFUL. I'm not saying he can't get better (he is fast), but why would any team who doesn't subsist on Bills-hope think he'd be any good?

The Bills are not so happy with there Left guard Situation and we have a problem with having a ton of talent at WR. So lets play the trade game. I got an idea, I believe the Bills should be giving the Seahawks a call for either LG John Moffitt or James Carpenter. Both players are young gems listed on there 2nd unit behind there veteran oline. The Seahawks are loaded upfront and can afford to make a deal like this considering there lack of a depth at WR and player that can stretch the field .TJ fits there needs 2 fold.

This deal also makes sense for the Bills. We can kill 2 birds with 1 stone here. Besides getting a huge upgrade at left guard we also get to push our WR depth up by 1 player making the last cuts more reasonable.. Right now as is we will be cutting a WR or 2 that will be picked up right away by another team. I would hate to be in Whaley shoes right now with that decision to make.. So why not cash in on our WR talent to get better at another position of need?

Wr core after trade SJ13, Woods, Goodwin, Rogers, and we can keep 2 out the next 3 Easley, Hogan or B Smith.

We will still have plenty of Speed . Plus we might be able to sneak Hogan on the ps. If not him then Kaufman.

Oline after trade Pears, Urbik, Wood, Moffitt, Glenn.

Moffitt is a mauling run blocking guard and is good in pass pro.

I have liked Moffitt since his college days at Wisconsin. I proposed a WR trade earlier in the year. We can't keep them all. So what if they are unproven. Lets trade for an unproven Guard who has a lot of upside. I also think that player for player trades are back in vogue after being unpopular for a lot of years.

I've got a great idea. Why don't we trade Hogan for Adrian Peterson, Tom Brady, Calvin Johnson, and Darrell Revis(only because we need a CB)???

Sounds like a fair trade to me.

Oh, and well were at it, we should also trade our 5th and 6th round picks to the Pats for their next 3 first round picks.

I just watched the Colts PS game again and was surprised to see that Colin Brown did a really good job. He was getting solid push in the run game and was fine in pass protection. If Brown can string together a couple PS games like that, I'm fine with him starting.

That said, Doug Legurski really looked horrible in the second half against weaker opposition. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets cut and replaced by a cut from another team.