Glad we took EJ and not Smith look at this report

Geno has a LOT of ability but his mental makeup has been questioned. He could be great or he could be Ryan Leaf.

and unfortunately for him (fortunately for us) i dont think i could come up with a worse place than NYC and the jets locker room for him to grow that side of his skill set.

I think Sexy Rexy is trying to light a fire under Geno. He desperately wants him to outplay Sanchez and take the job but so far he hasn't done enough. I think they will end up starting Sanchez and as soon as he throws his first pick the boo birds are going to go nuts and they will be forced to turn to Geno

Lol Smith is "losing ground" to Sanchez and Sanchez has sucked...what does that say about Geno??

Bill's should hope Geno is named the starter, Sanchez becomes Montana vs the Bills.

Until he isn't. He sure looked like Montana of KC rather than Montana of 49ers in his last game against the Bills.

I

Until he isn't. He sure looked like Montana of KC rather than Montana of 49ers in his last game against the Bills.

It's weird with 'ol Butt Fumble - sometimes he throws 5 INTs (I think Byrd picked him off like 3 times in one game) or he puts up 5 TDs against the Bills. No middle ground.

My apologies if this has already been covered but this article here is not one I would be happy about if I were a jets fan. Also, I have to question Rex's decision to play this kid with a gimpy ankle. It may cause his throwing motion to get off kilter. Learn a bad habit(s) so to speak while favoring the ankle.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/jets/2013/08/14/rex-ryan-geno-smith-brutal-practice-ankle-injury/2654565/?morestories=obinsite

• 2 weeks later...

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast

I mean when Mark Sanchez is looking good based on your performance OUCH. 4 picks against 3&4 stringers

Don't forget the Jets already drafted two players before they took Smith. If they took him first, the comparison would be more valid. Neither has played a real NFL game so it might be just a little early to tell.

, then, the Jets are the "factory of melodrama".

Melodrama. As in: how does a crappy, 6-10 team with every indication of being worse this season, get all this attention?

Ryan has been drawing attention to himself and his team since day 1. He has gotten great at manipulating the media. Now, that his ass is on the line, why wouldn't he immediately turn to that tactic, and create a no lose situation for himself?

+1. Only in New York....The City that never Sleeps!