Stevie Johnson

This works out perfectly! I hope not to see him on the field until September.

1. Hammy pull will keep recurring unless you let it fully heal, and there is no rush

2. We already know what he can do and he's the most experienced WR on the team so picking up the new o won't likely be encumbered by lack of participation

3. It gives more looks at the other WRs so a thorough evaluation can be made as the last few spots will be tightly contested.

4. the rookies who do meed reps get a bunch more plays under their belt.

Hamstring is one of those nagging injuries that could be a problem well into the season

I remember it basically ruined the season for Andre Reed back in the day. He played but was just a shadow of himself when healthy.

This works out perfectly! I hope not to see him on the field until September.

1. Hammy pull will keep recurring unless you let it fully heal, and there is no rush

2. We already know what he can do and he's the most experienced WR on the team so picking up the new o won't likely be encumbered by lack of participation

3. It gives more looks at the other WRs so a thorough evaluation can be made as the last few spots will be tightly contested.

4. the rookies who do meed reps get a bunch more plays under their belt.

This. Although I don't think I would ever refer to SJ being injured "perfect," but I'm being a dick. I get what your saying. :beer:

Edited by RyanC883

Hamstring is one of those nagging injuries that could be a problem well into the season

... or all season long.

Best to rest it for two full weeks beyond when they think it's fine. That's been my experience w/ those. They always feel good at a certain point but if you try to come back too soon it comes back easily.

Better to give the other WRs some reps though in his absence, it'll be good for them when he gets back.

I'd cut him & I'd cut Mario too. What a joke he is. Seriously, that's 2 preseason games he missed. He obviously isn't taking it serious. And don't get me started on MW missing the 1st week of training camp. Dick Butkus never missed a snap of practice!!!

You joke, but we were warned by Texan people about Mario. He's turning into a real nancy boy.

i just pray he can play all sixteen games and just barely get another 1000 yard season. We all know THAT is why he's good. If he gets say, just 994 between 1000 yard seasons that will make him just another loser receiver...like Moulds.

Edited by enlightener