Da'rick Rogers

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovely move to get open for the TD. Reminded me of SJ. Superb throw from Tuel. I am surprised Rogers was not targeted more often. I expected him to get more touches than say Sampson (who did well). But to be honest all the second and third string WRs benefitted by having Jeff Tuel throwing them decent balls.

He had one 6 yard td and that's it. Any speculations as to why he wasn'te used?

Without TiVo'ing the game it's hard to say how many plays he was in. I'd say though that at this point (my opinion) the coaching staff has already gained enough confidence to keep him. Therefor they put others in more plays such as Sampson, Hogan, Easley and Kaufman to help them try and decide who might round out the rest of the wr corps.

I am intrigued by Kaufman and would like to see what he can offer. I hope Sampson and Hogan keep contributing to make this the most difficult wr cut year of memory.

With this potential of talent I believe Brad Smith is expendable.

My opinion on such matters matters not much considering my inexperience in coaching but nonetheless it's an opinion.

FWIW- don't know if anyone heard the "round-table" discussion on GR, prior to the game. I know people here don't put much stock in what they say very often, but these are all people who have been out at camp every day. One of them (I think it was Paul Hamilton, though everyone else agreed) made the observation that Rodgers flashes unbelievable skills, but seems to have lapses in concentration...he even said there were times when it seemed like Rodgers was ignoring, or perhaps not hearing, the instructions from coaches. They also mad the observation that Hogan was really making a pretty strong case for a roster spot....t seems like the Bills will be releasing some pretty talented receiver prospects this summer.

Buftex, I would hope that The Rick is not exhibiting any slight portion of difficulties of what Titus Young gave the Lions fans. I really hope Rogers pans out but if he doesn't there are plenty of other rookies to be excited over.

FWIW- don't know if anyone heard the "round-table" discussion on GR, prior to the game. I know people here don't put much stock in what they say very often, but these are all people who have been out at camp every day. One of them (I think it was Paul Hamilton, though everyone else agreed) made the observation that Rodgers flashes unbelievable skills, but seems to have lapses in concentration...he even said there were times when it seemed like Rodgers was ignoring, or perhaps not hearing, the instructions from coaches. They also mad the observation that Hogan was really making a pretty strong case for a roster spot....t seems like the Bills will be releasing some pretty talented receiver prospects this summer.

Yes, heard the same thing, and was not surprised he didn't get a lot of opportunities. Based on Marrone's reputation and what I've heard about Rogers thus far in the year I will be surprised if he makes the team.

IMO, this is the right take.

Without TiVo'ing the game it's hard to say how many plays he was in. I'd say though that at this point (my opinion) the coaching staff has already gained enough confidence to keep him. Therefor they put others in more plays such as Sampson, Hogan, Easley and Kaufman to help them try and decide who might round out the rest of the wr corps.

I am intrigued by Kaufman and would like to see what he can offer. I hope Sampson and Hogan keep contributing to make this the most difficult wr cut year of memory.

My opinion on such matters matters not much considering my inexperience in coaching but nonetheless it's an opinion.

Rodgers Rogers will be cut or signed to the practice squad.

Doubt it, The Eagles (possibly other NFL teams also) would snatch this guy up in a heartbeat and keep him on their active roster.

He also spun the ball after his TD, which should've been a penalty. This kid is gonna run out of chances.

You can Spin the ball all day long after a TD.

You can't spin the ball AT an opponent.

The zebra decides if its AT an opponent.

Pulling something out of your arse with no basis isn't an opinion.

You may want to call it complete unfounded speculation in the future.

There is no reason to believe the coaching staff has any confidence in Rogers.

He clearly has a lot of work to do, and its inside his helmet.

Its pretty clear why he wasn't drafted. You need to be able to pay attention, and learn the playbook to be success. The entire roster of WRs seemed to know their role but Rogers was not on the same page. He also gave up on a "fumble". You learn in little league to play to the whistle. That video is going to scare away a lot of teams.

Its pre season you're trying to make a roster. You sprint behind that player returning the fumble.

He demonstrated he has No heart.

You can make due with scarecrow syndrome (no brain) or Tin Man syndrome (no heart) but not both.

Its early but Rogers dug himself a hole in week 1. TD or no TD.

Rogers' most damning play was that he "gave up" on the Tuel sack/fumble -- it was blatantly obvious on-screen. That is not going to sit well with the coaches.

Probably, like me, Rogers thought it was an incomplete forward pass. How else did it travel 10 yards forward from the hand. I would like the officials to explain that call. I guess someone will say continue to play until its blown dead.

Anyway I hope to see Kaufman and Rogers targeted at least 5 times each on Friday.

Probably, like me, Rogers thought it was an incomplete forward pass. How else did it travel 10 yards forward from the hand. I would like the officials to explain that call. I guess someone will say continue to play until its blown dead.

Anyway I hope to see Kaufman and Rogers targeted at least 5 times each on Friday.

Duh?

Never stop until you hear the whistle. That's one of the most basic things to learn.

I like Rogers on paper, but if he's not making plays, and he's not putting in effort, we can't keep him just because of what might be. We need our best 6 WRs, and currently, he's not one of them.