Marcus Easley makes the team

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said all off season I strongly believed Easley was gonna be a surprise player in camp and preseason. I predicted 6 WRs...SJ, Woods, TJ, Goodwin, Rogers, and Easley. They may surprise and keep 7, but I doubt it. If they do, then it will come down to Smith, Hogan, or Kaufman.

Easley needs to keep it up though, but man he sure made a statement today!

One game.... he is a veteran against 2nd and 3rd stringers. Not impressed... if he was that good against the 1st team.... I would jump on the band wagon. All this does is give him a chance to earn a spot in the next preseason games. Now he will not be with the 1st cut. This game might make him safe for 2 rounds of cuts. Final cuts... hmmm we still have a lot of preseason left.

I said all off season I strongly believed Easley was gonna be a surprise player in camp and preseason. I predicted 6 WRs...SJ, Woods, TJ, Goodwin, Rogers, and Easley. They may surprise and keep 7, but I doubt it. If they do, then it will come down to Smith, Hogan, or Kaufman.

Easley needs to keep it up though, but man he sure made a statement today!

He's always had flashes, but never long term... Really ever. If he can show well all month it could be a sign he turned the corner.

One game.... he is a veteran against 2nd and 3rd stringers. Not impressed... if he was that good against the 1st team.... I would jump on the band wagon. All this does is give him a chance to earn a spot in the next preseason games. Now he will not be with the 1st cut. This game might make him safe for 2 rounds of cuts. Final cuts... hmmm we still have a lot of preseason left.

I don't think the fact that it was backups makes any difference. IMO he didn't beat anyone or have dominant catches. Still, he showed poise and efficient movements. Good hands and north/south movements. I agree, this game doesn't make him Randy Moss, but it was definitely an eye opener for someone we've been waiting for so long to make some noise.

i'm glad easley had a good game and i hope he continues. his possible continued good performance pushes the other recievers to work that much harder and also makes the coaches decisions that much harder. and on the individual player level, if he can sustain his production, then he will have a good chance to be catching balls when it matters somewhere this year. he seems like a good kid who has had a lot of adversity surrounding his health and i would like to see him finally break through to some playing time. seems like there are some real potential nfl recievers in this battle...love it!

Let's give him some reps against first team defense and see how he does. That, and let's see if he stays healthy.

Him being injury prone is an inaccurate myth. He's only got hurt just once...His rookie year he broke his leg in camp. 2nd year he had an undiagnosed heart ailment...that has nothing to do with getting hurt on the field. That was something doctors missed earlier in his life and he needed medication to correct which he got and did. His third year we had terrible coaching and they barely used him as they were in love with scrubs (Fitz being the biggest scrub man crush).

Now he's here and getting a chance. One injury in 3 years does not make a guy injury prone.

I've liked this guy for several years now... saw him up close a few years back during a preseason game and he looked better than anyone else on either side of the ball... he really stood out. Granted, it was against second and 3rd stringers, but, nonetheless it appeared the guy could play and develop. The same thing happened today. I hope he finds a home this year with us and stays HEALTHY, because his upside is looking good.