Changed Expectations for this season?

Reed83HOF

I know we don't start new threads during a game (it is preseason); but this is worth having a thread and some discussion on so it doesn't get buried in the game thread...

My expectations were not for what I saw today and I think it is very important to see how things progress through out the preseason.

Alonso is going to be a player in this league, Goodwin is ridiculously fast, EJ shook off a slow/shaky start - led us ona masterful 2 minute drill for the score.

As of today Kolb is on the fringe of making the roster; he might be competing with Brad Smith for a spot. How good was Tuel?

When was the last time a Bills team looked like and had this type of heart? I still expect ups and downs this season. I was thinking about 5 wins for this team, today pushes me back to the 8-8; 9-7 team that gets stronger as the year goes on instead of falling apart....

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't argue with your points. I enjoyed watching the game and saw a lot of positives. I have high hopes for our rookie class in the future. That being said, I'll still be happy with 6 wins this season. With the strength of schedule we have and the amount of play supported on young talent, we need time to grow into a successful team. I loved how Marrone called the game and cannot wait for these kids to evolve.

Can't argue with your points. I enjoyed watching the game and saw a lot of positives. I have high hopes for our rookie class in the future. That being said, I'll still be happy with 6 wins this season. With the strength of schedule we have and the amount of play supported on young talent, we need time to grow into a successful team. I loved how Marrone called the game and cannot wait for these kids to evolve.

^This^ 6+ wins and progress is a good season. Last year when gailey's team got their arse handed to them in pre-season everyone said there just meaningless scrimmages. This year a big win in a pre-season opener and expectations may blow through the roof. But pre-season is what it is.But, A lot of rookies showing they deserve to be on the final 53. including a couple UDFA's

When you are playing ROOKIE QB, with a Rookie coach and many new players there is no much thing as a meaningless 1ST preseason game or win. Both are needed and important, and after many years of crap dressed in a Bills uniform it is a pleasant breath of fresh air.

If we're to have a fair discussion, your's is a fair point.

It's also a fair point that Indy was a wild card team last year and was playing at home.

In other words our reserves were not supposed to be dominating their reserves.

Also I thought our starters held their own to Indy's.

If we're to have a fair discussion, your's is a fair point.

It's also a fair point that Indy was a wild card team last year and was playing at home.

In other words our reserves were not supposed to be dominating their reserves.

Also I thought our starters held their own to Indy's.

Think Indy is possibly a team that has a sophomore slump? Many thought they were playing above what they were supposed to last year..... They gutted that roster when manning left so its not shocking their depth isnt great. With the emotional charge of their coach being sick over, perhaps they regress or flatten out a little? Especially out of the gate they might lack some of that intensity.