We are being served up to the Colts and Skins

In the wake of "bye-week-gate" where the Bills are served up to 7 top tier franchises coming off of byes or thursday games, now I notice the Bills play away to the Skins and Colts in standalone pre season games (ie; no other games on at that time ) with NFL Network live coverage. Why do I get the feeling the Bills are considered by the league as "homecoming game" opponents, soft patsies used to showcase the best teams and improved their marketability? Now RGIII and Andrew Luck are to be showcased "beating up on" a crappy Bills D in front of the home crowd (cue the cheering throngs) and in front of the entire nation. All to promote the coming stars of the league. This is crap. Does anyone see a conspiracy here?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean, the Bills get games that are the only ones playing at the time, so there is no getting blacked out for people out of town? And they get to test their starters against two playoff teams, in a scenario that they can work out the kinks in their offense before the season begins?

Perish the thought.

In the wake of "bye-week-gate" where the Bills are served up to 7 top tier franchises coming off of byes or thursday games, now I notice the Bills play away to the Skins and Colts in standalone pre season games (ie; no other games on at that time ) with NFL Network live coverage. Why do I get the feeling the Bills are considered by the league as "homecoming game" opponents, soft patsies used to showcase the best teams and improved their marketability? Now RGIII and Andrew Luck are to be showcased "beating up on" a crappy Bills D in front of the home crowd (cue the cheering throngs) and in front of the entire nation. All to promote the coming stars of the league. This is crap. Does anyone see a conspiracy here?

We covered this in the other thread Bills on NFL network LIVE game.

First off RGIII may not suit up correction play in the preseason whatsoever. Especially in the 3rd game which is the most realistic preseason game.

2nd Luck will play maybe 2 or 3 series before his sits.

and lastly as its already been stated for Bills fans you only need cable NFL network to watch the game live.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

You mean, the Bills get games that are the only ones playing at the time, so there is no getting blacked out for people out of town? And they get to test their starters against two playoff teams, in a scenario that they can work out the kinks in their offense before the season begins?

Perish the thought.

Fair enough. Just seeing if anyone awake this morning. Guess so. I'm in DC with NFL network, so yes, I am glad the games are on for me to see.

Geez, tough bunch out there. Guess I'll need to get back to my old ways. And I was just getting into being all positive and indignant at the same time. Well, back to the dark side.....

I see this more as a last year/this year first rd QB showcase to drum up interest and ratings in preseason. EJ has been getting some national attention, so there's already some interest. Granted, RG III may not play, but not everyone who tunes in would know this ahead of time.

RGIII isn't playing any games this preseason so the conspiracy has been squashed.

Guess the Bills will just have to do something about that, now won't they?

GO BILLS!!!

Exactly...

I certainly hope no one in that locker room is playing the victim card...Go out there and make a name for yourselves by kicking the crap out of Indy or Washington...It's not like they are the 78 Steelers... B-)

I saw conspiracy in New England, "just give it to them", and in SB XXVI against the Redskins. But with this, I think the league is actually hoping we'll be good ! btw..does anybody think the "Redskins" name is offensive ?

In case you hadn't noticed it, or perhaps it skipped your mind... The Bills drafted the First QB taken in the 2013 Draft. He's got a spotlight on him. There's national interest in how well he does/doesn't do because he was a surprise pick according to most. So, his fans are eager to see him strut his stuff on the national stage and the enormous flock of BooBirds is hovering on their perches to be able to swoop down and crow about how bad he is, is a bust, will never be an elite NFL QB, etc., etc., etc.

You're bipolar aren't you?

Not to offend anyone who suffers from that horrible condition but wow.

From being one of the relentlessly negative posters to this?

What's your deal?

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Last year's schedule was one of the more favorable ones the Bills have ever had and everyone knew it going into the season. If they had been anything less than awful they could have gotten in the back door of the playoffs last year.

So if that favorable set of opponents and dates wasn't a conspiracy in favor of the Bills then I don't see why this schedule would be.

But maybe you have a point about the league setting the Bills up in potential showcase games.

The Bills went to San Francisco and caused the Niners to go off on a record offensive performance.....so maybe the league thinks there is always that chance the Bills might re-create such a scenario with one of the league's big name QB's. It's been a running theme for years, like the night game when the Pats came to Buffalo and scored TD's on the first 8 posessions during their 18-1 season. I think some fans are anointing Pettine as a great DC a bit prematurely but I don't think he will ever be THAT bad.