I'd like to see us make a player swap.

Tipster19

I'm a little hesitant to try and make a prediction after I discovered a spot on draft prediction made by maddenboy but I got to wondering about our abundance that we suddenly have at the WR position and I came up with an idea. Bear with me because I'm doing this by my IPhone so I'm just going to attempt to hit the main points of my "brainstorm ". Lol!

Ok, seeing that GM Doug Whaley has Steeler roots and that I have always admired the mentality of that organization I got to thinking after Plaxico went down that maybe these franchises could help each other with a player personnel swap. The Steelers are precariously thin at the WR position and like I me too ed previously that we seem to have an over abundance there that we could trade one of ours for one of their RBs. As much as I like Fred Jackson I believe that this could be his last productive year for us and that a future replacement would be in order. After the Steelers drafted Le'Veon Bell this year they were reported to be interested in trading Jonathan Dwyer. Here is a young strong RB with a skill set that would be a good compliment to CJ Spiller. This would be an attractive tandem in my opinion and could help levitate the potential logjam that seems to be brewing with WRs. We just restructured Brad Smith and that usually indicates that a player is dispensable and the cap charges would be a little bit more friendly. Besides, here is a WR/player that we still haven't figured out on how to utilize properly and is positioned mid range on our depth chart from what I can tell.

I would like to elaborate or expand more on this idea but it's laborish doing this from such a small device. I believe that I gave enough of a description of my intentions and welcome any and all input on this concept. Thanks.

Only WR I'd trade is Brad Smith and I doubt that's happening when any team knows were going to cut him anyway. Wouldn't want to get rid of any of these WRs considering their potential. Besides, haven't you heard that the NFL is a passing league now. WRs are more important than RBs.

Well, the Steelers might just be well suited for him. Not only are they very thin at the WR position but Smith has decent size and offers a ton of versatility, especially down in the red zone. Keep in mind that their TEs have been dropping like flies lately also. Because of that they are forced to start considering running out of a 3 WR formation. Last but not least Smith and Jericho Cotchery are former teammates and very close friends, which means that they are very familiar with each other and share much of the same thinking in football. I believe that the transition would be very smooth for both the player and the team. Will or could this happen? Maybe but it's football and I like to speculate on what could help our team and I think that this could be an attractive scenario for us on multiple levels.

Plax prob wasn't even going to make their team anyway so the injury is really a non issue

Brad Smith has about as much trade value as I do

You have a lot of trade value - it would be a lot of value to our team to unburden it from you.

I'd give up a lot to trade you to Patriots* or Miami; you would not even need to change your posting style.

My consensus is Brad Smith ends up back on the Jets after he is cut before the season starts

My consensus is that Brad Smith will not be traded for Jonathan Dwyer. That's about it.

Nice that you came in consensus with yourself.

I'm a little hesitant to try and make a prediction after I discovered a spot on draft prediction made by maddenboy but I got to wondering about our abundance that we suddenly have at the WR position and I came up with an idea. Bear with me because I'm doing this by my IPhone so I'm just going to attempt to hit the main points of my "brainstorm ". Lol!

Ok, seeing that GM Doug Whaley has Steeler roots and that I have always admired the mentality of that organization I got to thinking after Plaxico went down that maybe these franchises could help each other with a player personnel swap. The Steelers are precariously thin at the WR position and like I me too ed previously that we seem to have an over abundance there that we could trade one of ours for one of their RBs. As much as I like Fred Jackson I believe that this could be his last productive year for us and that a future replacement would be in order. After the Steelers drafted Le'Veon Bell this year they were reported to be interested in trading Jonathan Dwyer. Here is a young strong RB with a skill set that would be a good compliment to CJ Spiller. This would be an attractive tandem in my opinion and could help levitate the potential logjam that seems to be brewing with WRs. We just restructured Brad Smith and that usually indicates that a player is dispensable and the cap charges would be a little bit more friendly. Besides, here is a WR/player that we still haven't figured out on how to utilize properly and is positioned mid range on our depth chart from what I can tell.

I would like to elaborate or expand more on this idea but it's laborish doing this from such a small device. I believe that I gave enough of a description of my intentions and welcome any and all input on this concept. Thanks.

RB? we need a solid Guard pronto.

Only bad teams trade for Brad Smith

:lol:

Well, the Steelers might just be well suited for him. Not only are they very thin at the WR position but Smith has decent size and offers a ton of versatility, especially down in the red zone. Keep in mind that their TEs have been dropping like flies lately also. Because of that they are forced to start considering running out of a 3 WR formation. Last but not least Smith and Jericho Cotchery are former teammates and very close friends, which means that they are very familiar with each other and share much of the same thinking in football. I believe that the transition would be very smooth for both the player and the team. Will or could this happen? Maybe but it's football and I like to speculate on what could help our team and I think that this could be an attractive scenario for us on multiple levels.

When Brandon Lloyd with his 74 catches is still in the market, why would the Steelers, who value their draft picks, give up something for Brad Smith