Old Skewl Credit Card Question

The Big Cat

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't know. :devil:

Good one. But based on your original post here I think it's because you don't understand it.

I heard recently that someone did some research on the Forbes 400 and found out through interviews with them and the people they had contact with the number one atribute that come up over and over again was integrity.

Edited by Chef Jim

Good one. But based on your original post here I think it's because you don't understand it.

I heard recently that someone did some research on the Forbes 400 and found out through interviews with them and the people they had contact with the number one atribute that come up over and over again was integrity.

And based on my activity on a Buffalo Bills message board, you know full-well that I have none.

I read just 3 pages and realized that this board is full of saints and nuns. Wow.

Does anyone else lie on their taxes anymore???? Gosh.

Jk.

From the first 3 pages it appears as if you guys want the cat to hang himself if he doesnt pay. For the record I would pay, based on this scenario. However I wouldnt condemn my friend for life if he didnt pay. I would pay because not paying would equate to me keeping money from my friends. That is not cool. If I paid all the $500, then .....???..... I'll let you guys use your imagination.

I read just 3 pages and realized that this board is full of saints and nuns. Wow.

Jk.

From the first 3 pages it appears as if you guys want the cat to hang himself if he doesnt pay. For the record I would pay, based on this scenario. However I wouldnt condemn my friend for life if he didnt pay. I would pay because not paying would equate to me keeping money from my friends. That is not cool. If I paid all the $500, then .....???..... I'll let you guys use your imagination.

Just to clarify: my friends PayPal'd me and I haven't withdrawn the funds. While that money sits in limbo, it's my friends being the most outspoken for me NOT to pay. They don't mind the hanging payment.

Taking my friends money without the charge going through would be a !@#$ed up thing to do.

Just to clarify: my friends PayPal'd me and I haven't withdrawn the funds. While that money sits in limbo, it's my friends being the most outspoken for me NOT to pay. They don't mind the hanging payment.

Taking my friends money without the charge going through would be a !@#$ed up thing to do.

I guess what it boils down to is what's the difference? They'd be paying for something they got. Currently your not paying someone for something the store gave you.

Simply that you'd short a stranger but not a friend.

I guess what it boils down to is what's the difference? They'd be paying for something they got. Currently your not paying someone for something the store gave you.

Simply that you'd short a stranger but not a friend.

Well, it is different. They're paying me because I paid. And again: I didn't leave the grocery store without paying. I paid them too.

Isn't this sort of like the "lies of commission vs lies of omission?" In analogous terms of the 'purchase,' it's like stealing vs not correcting a known error (transaction failed for whatever reason). I get that you 'did' the right thing in the store and made good faith effort to pay your bill. But, it doesn't change the fact now that you know you 'got away with one' in terms of receiving 500+ dollars of goods and you never truly paid.

I see nothing wrong with trying to correct a 500 dollar error....from either perspective. As I mentioned earlier, if they had double billed you...it would likely interest you more. Wrong is wrong. The 'right' transaction apparently didn't occur. Give it some time (as some have mentioned) and if it doesn't correct.....I would fix it. This isn't about saints and nuns. Right is right.

Likewise, if you got 'shafted' by another person, company or entity....wouldn't you 'hope' that they would correct it if they were aware of an error? I'm not naive enough to say that everyone operates this way; but these are the circumstances presented to you.

yeah but come on, in good faith he thought he completed the transaction. should be end of story, but apparently it isn't...i still say give them a call, i would guess they will have zero understanding of the situation or how to correct it and in the long run it will cost The Cat too much effort to fix their f*** up. that's why i say if the money ends up staying with you, donate it to a food bank. but again, i am not the most above board person...i download music and movies from less than reputable sites

Apparently you did, since the transaction wasn't completed.

Jk.

This!

Good.

How big or small is this place?

Mom and pops store

Mid size store

Big @ store

This!

Oh and thanks for the "this!"

Big @

Really???

If it's a big @ store chain, just let it go. They will be ok. Plus more than likely the charge will show up anyway.

You're no criminal in my book.

Anyway I'm out. Before they start calling for my head too. In a way I'm also playing devil's advocate. How could all you sinners be so perfect????

How could all you sinners be so perfect????

I just ask myself, "what would Poojer do?", then I do the opposite. Of course, sometimes it backfires. Like instead of going out and see cool bands and drink good beer, I end up staying home, watching the Kardashians and drinking Michelob Ultra.

No, LA I started the thread to find out how long manual swipes can take to process.

All my friends say don't call, my wife says its not even an issue, call.

You guys all say call.

My coworker is confused as to why I'd call.

Clearly there are two schools of thought.

Ultimately the money will go to a mega grocery conglomerate who could care less. But to Poojers point, that same money could cost some mook his job, and that's the last thing I want.

Whats a mook?