Old Skewl Credit Card Question

The Big Cat

For the 50th time. Let me get this straight. I write a check to somebody and they stick it on their dresser and do NOT cash it. I am supposed to call them and remind them? Huh?

Bank of America sends me a check for the money I overpaid on my escrow account. The check says cash within 180 days or whatever... I do not cash it and 160 days pass... BoA should give me a friendly reminder call to cash it? Huh. Dollars to donuts they are wishing and hoping I never cash that check and they are estatic if it doesn't beat their expiration date! Same w/other businesses, etc.. etc...

IMO, Big Cat closed his end of the transaction... Now it is up to the store to decide if they want his money... Obviously it looks like they don't want his money. Iwould still give it time... Only been a couple of months. I am not sure when the transaction expires... Probably around 6 months to a year. Just account for the amount.

Big Cat is doing nothing wrong. What do you expect him to do? It is their obligation to cash the transaction in. Who knows? Maybe the cashier ripped it up?... How the heck are they ever gonna square this away if he calls?

It is a God darn business transaction... What is Big Cat supposed to carry it womb to the tomb? One party is not being timely with finishing/finalizing the transaction, it isn't Big Cat's responsibility to finalize it. Just account for the transaction and when it expires, it expires, move on and don't let the righteous tell you otherwise. It is a business transaction... You can't will somebody to be timely.

LoL... I will hold on to a rebate check and not cash it... I will wait for the bank or company to call me and tell me the expiration date is approaching... LoL

The Big Kittie will call, try to make it right, chances are they say "don't worry about it"... depends on what makes him feel whole....

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect him to not come to the board for validation of his decision if he's not prepared to hear other people's views on his actions.

Haha, as I've stated in this thread--several times--I didn't come here to calibrate my moral compass. I came here to find out how long manual swipes take to process. The former became a diversion of the latter.

I expect him to not come to the board for validation of his decision if he's not prepared to hear other people's views on his actions.

You got a point. I haven't read what he said. It is a business transaction. I can't figure out why he would have to tell this story... I gotta read on... This is not a moral dilemma.

Haha, as I've stated in this thread--several times--I didn't come here to calibrate my moral compass. I came here to find out how long manual swipes take to process. The former became a diversion of the latter.

EDIT: Ooops... I forgot... Thanks. Sorry about the post above.

I would say it is about 6 months? How long is a paper check good for? Probably the same??

The Big Kittie will call, try to make it right, chances are they say "don't worry about it"... depends on what makes him feel whole....

Exactly! That is all I am getting @. I wonder how much this went on back in the day? Business has to be getting more efficient with EFT's!! They gotta notice the lower accounting errors??

You got a point. I haven't read what he said. It is a business transaction. I can't figure out why he would have to tell this story... I gotta read on... This is not a moral dilemma.

EDIT: Ooops... I forgot... Thanks. Sorry about the post above.

I would say it is about 6 months? How long is a paper check good for? Probably the same??

Exactly! That is all I am getting @. I wonder how much this went on back in the day? Business has to be getting more efficient with EFT's!! They gotta notice the lower accounting errors??

My intent was in the title. I'm not sure why it was lost on so many.

Yes, but your question was phrased as 'did I get away with something?' which kind of sounds like a moral question and certainly invited moral-based opinions from others. You could have asked 'how long does a manual swipe take' without six paragraphs of background about how you ended up $500 richer.

But hey, I'm only in charge of the moral compass for my kids so it's all good. I do appreciate any good off-season contribution to OTW!

Yes, but your question was phrased as 'did I get away with something?' which kind of sounds like a moral question and certainly invited moral-based opinions from others. You could have asked 'how long does a manual swipe take' without six paragraphs of background about how you ended up $500 richer.

But hey, I'm only in charge of the moral compass for my kids so it's all good. I do appreciate any good off-season contribution to OTW!

I understand. You'll just have to take me at my word for what my intentions were.

The lengthy preamble was added for what I thought would be relevance and in hopes to avoid a litany of follow up questions.

Admittedly, and I do believe I mentioned this before "did we get away with one" was a very regrettable choice of words.

My intent was in the title. I'm not sure why it was lost on so many.

Of course I got sidetracked too! Sorry.

And to answer your question... Take a look @ who are the ones getting all self righteous. It s a damn business transaction... You can't make people cash your check/card! LoL... Your job is done. Just wait and account for the cash.

I understand. You'll just have to take me at my word for what my intentions were.

The lengthy preamble was added for what I thought would be relevance and in hopes to avoid a litany of follow up questions.

Admittedly, and I do believe I mentioned this before "did we get away with one" was a very regrettable choice of words.

No. You didn't get away w/anything. The clerk was a big boy and knew where to find the card clicker. Has been done before, I suppose. He didn't say: "Give me your number, here are the groceries, call us too." LoL.

You made a trasnaction in good faith... Now the ball is in their court. I supposed transactions got lost all the time back in the day... That is why tech is so great now!