Astro-Notes: Aug 7 Practice

Astrobot

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Astro. Thought about you as I fish around Grindstone. So I made a G&T and read your update. Great stuff and really like your depth chart.

My buddy in my blues band owns ~125 acres including Delaney Bay and the point next to it. It's a little shallow in there, so pull your motor up if you go in there!

Thanks for the shout out...yeah the jersey gave it away....thanks for keeping us die hard up to date with a little fan perspective.

Here is a picture of the man hard at work!!!

Thanks! At least I wasn't scratching my arse.

I'm not so sure about that. th preseason games will have more of a bearing on the pecking order than practices and scrimmage. If Kolb plays well he could very well start. I also don't see the Bills having tuel in the #2 spot as they'd likely want the experience of Kolb coming off the bench if needed. Last thing you want to do is bring a rookie off the bench nonchalant been getting many practice reps once the season has started.

Kolb will be kept this season as insurance if EJ gets the nod. I don't think Tuel would be ready to take up #2 this season. We'll see.

Thanks a ton Astro!

I am really encouraged by what you have had to say about Moats. It sounds like the Bills may have finally found a place where he can be a play maker.

Do you think it's safe to say that the Bills QB situation is similar to the Redskins last year? Manuel & Tuel = Griffin & Cousins?

Look forward to tomorrow's report.

Astro i can read at work but not post up.

i must say that i have extended a couple breaks recently to finish up reading your notes and my bosses are noticing.

oh well. we all have our priorities dont we ? Thanks kindly for your supporting us slather asses who dont get to camp as an honest to gosh Bills fan should/would/could do. and then, put all the effort into downloading for our reading pleasure.

i owe you.

Brad Smith mis-catches a pass yet again, but they go right back to him on a screen to the other side but for no gain. I will not be surprised (and will be relieved) if Smith is not on the final 53.

Astro

Astro, not questioning what you saw, but I think it's interesting that Hackett specifically mentioned how well Smith practiced on Wednesday, and then in the "Bills Roundup" on bb.com he was also highlighted as having a great practice.

Thoughts?

Astro, not questioning what you saw, but I think it's interesting that Hackett specifically mentioned how well Smith practiced on Wednesday, and then in the "Bills Roundup" on bb.com he was also highlighted as having a great practice.

Thoughts?

Interesting. B. Smith IS a football player and every team looks to have a couple guys who can make things happpen on the field -even if they don't start at any particular position. Speaking for myself, Brad is conjoined with the previous failed staff and I'm anxious to be rid of all things 'Chan'. I'm sure that fits in with my failed logic that he 'shouldn't' make this years' roster. If he does, it will only be because Doug says he's one of the best 53 to keep and I'll be good with that. Restructuring his contract helps too, IMO.