Carrington agent

3rd, I've grown to enjoy our little give and take over these lo so many years.

But I must admit to being a bit flummoxed by this last offering.

GO BILLS!!!

well then dog brother you should expect a bit of flummoxing from my humble person.

it may be we have not sought contractual obligations soon enough from our up and comers we drafted to become the Foundation of the Bills.

Thats all i suggest.

the unnamed one as far as contracts go should be obvious. Hint : ) its a bird its a plane no its J..... ....

i too have enjoyed these diatribes and considered opinions around the fire , o'er the many moons

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's certainly not fact. Parker legally has a duty to serve carrington to the fullest, not use him as a pawn.

That is BS. He refused to negotiate for one player while working on another player's deal. It happened with Sam Adams and Pat Williams.

After all these years this still upsets you guys? Players since 93' when they were granted Free agency, are nothing more than a commodity. They come, and they go. If carrington and his agent think he is worth more than he is, then you let him go.

New England

Baltimore

Green Bay

Pittsburgh

Teams that are competitive year in and year out do NOT overpay. They draft well, train them up and make them a fair offer, If they say F U to the team the team franchises them then either trades them or lets them walk. I pray Whaley is the same way.

Worrying about who a player's agent is seems to me to be a waste of energy. We can only hope Carrington plays at a level warranting talk of extensions.

Especially when we're dealing with the incredibly small sample size of two players that Parker represents, with whom the Bills have had in holdout status. Can / does Parker play hardball? Sure. The Byrd saga hasn't played out fully yet, so it's not a foregone conclusion that he won't sign and that Byrd has punched his ticket out. Nor do we really know if Carrington wants to stay here, be close to family, thinks he's used incorrectly, etc. There is a whole season of football to play yet, but let's invent problems for the 2014 offseason.

Now, I do hope the front office works on extensions with players they believe in, and maybe that will be a charge of the new leadership. Maybe it won't and Overdorf really holds the purse-strings. Maybe it won't because they believe playing hardball like NE does is the best way to go.

The better answer is usually that we don't have enough information.

Parker is an excellent agent. The fact that he has taken Carrington on suggests that he thinks that Carrington is good. Given Carrington's strong performance in the second half of last season, I buy that. I look at this as a good sign.

That is BS. He refused to negotiate for one player while working on another player's deal. It happened with Sam Adams and Pat Williams.

Link?

well this is fun.

Carrington has proved little yet as compared to the one who shall not be named {till he shows ) .

Seriously , can we ? isnt that counter intuitive of late ?

Can we just call him Byrd, I was thinking you were talking about Trent for a minute there.

is the Alex carrington being discussed here wear #92?

Because here's some of his career stats.

Tackles - 29

Sacks - 4

Forced fumbles - 2

Starts - 6

Is there now worry's this super star DE will bolt from the bills because of Eugene Parker?

I think the premise of the OP's argument was "If Carrington had a monster year....".....

My own opinion is that Carrington will have a good year, but with Pettine's defense rotating players constantly, I don't think any single player will stand out w.r.t statistics thereby giving the leverage back to the Bills. Plus, he is a restricted FA next season. The Bills could simply put the 3rd round (round in which Carrington was drafted) tender on him.

No idea if articles from that far back are available on internet. Did a quick Google search and could not find any articles from that period.

Yes the articles from that bygone era are available on the internets and there's a reason why you couldn't find them.