Astro-Notes: Aug 4 Practice

Astrobot

Heh....way to be a good sport about it.

yeah might as well have fun with it, although he would be better than Kolb and Tuel ... maybe we can still trade Mario for him B-)

I wonder if Manziel gets booted from college if we could pick him up as free agent? I'd take him in a heart beat as he can flat out play, he just needs to grow up a little bit.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just spent some time in Fayetteville. Unsurprisingly, the folks there are very high on Gragg. I really hope their optimism (and yours) is well grounded.

Really got my fingers crossed that Gragg turns into a steal. Bills have had a few TE's who could make plays but the best they have had for a seam stretcher...a TE who actually MADE the plays downfield.....was Jay Riemersma. Riemersma didn't do it with speed. Gragg has to prove not only that he can play, but that he can stay on the field. But that's why he was available at the end of the draft.

The issue a lot of the time is the O-Line. I was there today, and I commend EJ for the way he hung in the pocket really strong as it collapsed.

He made some poor decisions. The int to Gilmore on the bomb down the side line was a heart breaker. Didn't air the ball out too much today. There where a ton of times where a defender was in the backfield uncontested.

The defense dominated, and EJ showed tremendous physical talent an poise, while not a ton of vision. I rarely saw him look off a defender.

Tuel looked pretty bad today.

From what I read, the Gilmore INT, while spectacular, was OOB, and one of the other INT's bounced off of Woods. As for the throw into double coverage, I hope he gets that itch out of his system early.

From what I read, the Gilmore INT, while spectacular, was OOB, and one of the other INT's bounced off of Woods. As for the throw into double coverage, I hope he gets that itch out of his system early.

Gilmore's feet came down just OOB. Had they landed in, it would have been a highlight reel pick. I was on the side of the field.

Gilmore's feet came down just OOB. Had they landed in, it would have been a highlight reel pick. I was on the side of the field.

Regardless of in or out, sounds like he's building off of his successful rookie campaign.

Really got my fingers crossed that Gragg turns into a steal. Bills have had a few TE's who could make plays but the best they have had for a seam stretcher...a TE who actually MADE the plays downfield.....was Jay Riemersma. Riemersma didn't do it with speed. Gragg has to prove not only that he can play, but that he can stay on the field. But that's why he was available at the end of the draft.

4.5 40 time. If he can get on the field, the Bills are gonna be able to create some serious - and I mean serious - matchup problems for opposing defenses. Being able to field four guys with exceptional speed for their respective positions -- Spiller, Graham, Goodwin, and Gragg -- and then back that up with a QB who throws a great deep ball is a good recipe.

4.5 40 time. If he can get on the field, the Bills are gonna be able to create some serious - and I mean serious - matchup problems for opposing defenses. Being able to field four guys with exceptional speed for their respective positions -- Spiller, Graham, Goodwin, and Gragg -- and then back that up with a QB who throws a great deep ball is a good recipe.

Actually, 4.46 was his official time, but he ran as fast as 4.40. That's impressive for a guy 6'3" and 244#.

Finally saw Bills Roundup (highlights) of these plays. Gilmore was definitely out of bounds, so that's "good" for EJ, but the throw as also not put in the right spot. Compared to all the long bombs he has completed so far, though, I'm not too worried. I'm sure they had a talk about where he needs to place the ball in "jump ball" situations.

The Woods tip/INT, I could see clearly. But, it looked like Woods was diving? So it might have been an errant throw, or bad technique to approach the catch, who knows. Tips happen though.

I'll back off my EJ ledge. ;)