Byrd not at training camp. Will he report and play in any 2013 pre-sea

Nanker

Is it true that if he signs by the first game then his full year salary is guaranteed, but if it's after the first game he only gets paid for the games he's on the team? Or did that change with the latest CBA?

Note: I don't think we'll cut Byrd, even if he signs after the first game, I'm just curious about this aspect of salary management.

Yes, if he joins the Bills after the season starts, he only gets paid for the games he plays.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Parker overplayed his hand on this one and he continues to do so. Although only one player tagged this off season managed to sign a new deal, his is the only player who hasn't signed the one year tender and reported to camp.

The Bills are playing this right. Just blow them off until he's ready to show up. Don't put him in until he's ready to perform in the new defense. Tag him again next year. Make him a good offer and blow them off again until they are willing to negotiate. If they can get a first round pick for him, maybe they take it and move on. Otherwise, maintain status quo.</p>

You know around here it seems Rosenhaus gets the negative pub but is it me or as far as agents go Parker has been a thorn in the Bills side for many years.

I agree on overplaying. With the deadline past the only deal that can be signed is a one-year deal or the tag offer. About the only thing Parker can HOPE to extract from the Bills at this point is a 'promise' not to tag Byrd again next season. The team would be foolish to agree to that at this point.

Parker can hope. But in reality there are only 2 hopes. One of them is Bob Hope and the other is No Hope. Just sign the contract.

Yes, if he joins the Bills after the season starts, he only gets paid for the games he plays.

That's interesting. I think he shows and signs just before game 1 then. He might sit for a bit but he'll be getting all of his jack.

Bills have already told Parker they planning on tagging Byrd next year and will have the salary cap space to extend critical players during this year so will have no other player worthy of tag. Byrd will probably come back in shape enough to pass conditioning test but not enough the Bills will feel confident using him except on special teams. This will become major issue with him and his agent and they will try to get NFLPA to void his contract because Bills are 'punishing' Byrd for not attending training camp and preseason, Parker will continue to try to use as excuse to void contract making him a free agent.

I hadn't seen that...by whom was this reported? Just curious since I don't remember reading/hearing that.

He's not coming to pre-season games and certainly not coming to trading camp. There's ZERO incentive for him to do that. With that said, I do not see him leaving roughly $4 million on the table by sitting out through Week 10. That makes no sense at all. The Bills front office should play hardball here.

He's not coming to pre-season games and certainly not coming to trading camp. There's ZERO incentive for him to do that. With that said, I do not see him leaving roughly $4 million on the table by sitting out through Week 10. That makes no sense at all. The Bills front office should play hardball here.

is "Trading Camp" part of Mike Schoop taking a trip to SJF and hanging out with all his 45 year old buddies that also live in their mothers basements?

Curious. Why wasn't Wawrow credited?

GO BILLS!!!

Part of the evil empire that is ESPN? I've never seen them credit any AP beat writer. Must be part of the agreement they have with wire services. Why I always advocate linking articles with proper attribution to the author.

Part of the evil empire that is ESPN? I've never seen them credit any AP beat writer. Must be part of the agreement they have with wire services. Why I always advocate linking articles with proper attribution to the author.

I'm not sure this is a scoop anyway. Chris Brown filed a similar story last week.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Brandon-Long-term-deal-still-the-goal-with-Jairus-Byrd/3b607ae0-9b8e-4ae5-824e-b5ab3bc73985

GO BILLS!!!