Byrd not at training camp. Will he report and play in any 2013 pre-sea

Nanker

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another nope from the rabble here

At what point does his agent tell him he has to report? He's a very good player, but what would either sitting out the season, or coming in and looking bad, do to his market value? Sometimes these guys are too clever for their own good. This is especially true if the Bills come out with a strong D and his presence is not missed, in which case I'd let him ride the pine.

edit: spelling is hard

Edited by dorquemada

He doesn't get paid till week one. No reason to come back early.

There are plenty of reasons for him to be in camp. Unfortunately none of those directly benefit Byrd. I get what he's doing, but please don't tell me that there is no reason to be in camp. If we take you at face value the season should already be a couple weeks old.

There are plenty of reasons for him to be in camp. Unfortunately none of those directly benefit Byrd. I get what he's doing, but please don't tell me that there is no reason to be in camp. If we take you at face value the season should already be a couple weeks old.

What? I meant he isn't getting paid that is all. I never really said anything about the little things camp does which Byrd obviously doesn't care about. You really took that way to literal. OK people calm down and relax.

But to add on to your overreaction they are trying to make the season longer while shortening the preseason.

Edited by BuffaloFood

Byrd missing camp is only going to hurt him and hurt the team. It's understandable that he wants more money and yeah he deserves it but he's going about it in the absolute worst way. There's a good chance his market value for next year will be a lot less than what it is this year if he misses all pre-season.

he's reporting just prior to week #10.

his value next year is $8.3 mil, the value of his 120% increase from this years Franchise Tag.

I say this because, it doesn't reach this point (passing on a long term deal at Top 4-5 money) without them being prepared to go the distance.

his value next year is $8.3 mil, the value of his 120% increase from this years Franchise Tag.

I say this because, it doesn't reach this point (passing on a long term deal at Top 4-5 money) without them being prepared to go the distance.

What? And give up around $4M? Not a chance. He signs before Week #1.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Yeah but I was thinking more along the lines of, if he comes into the season and new system late he's probably going to have a mediocre season at best. Which means that, most likely teams aren't going to be willing to pay top dollar for him like he's expecting.

Peters held out until just before the season started. I don't see a money-hungry guy like Parker leaving $4M on the table.

Bills have already told Parker they planning on tagging Byrd next year and will have the salary cap space to extend critical players during this year so will have no other player worthy of tag. Byrd will probably come back in shape enough to pass conditioning test but not enough the Bills will feel confident using him except on special teams. This will become major issue with him and his agent and they will try to get NFLPA to void his contract because Bills are 'punishing' Byrd for not attending training camp and preseason, Parker will continue to try to use as excuse to void contract making him a free agent.

What? I meant he isn't getting paid that is all. I never really said anything about the little things camp does which Byrd obviously doesn't care about. You really took that way to literal. OK people calm down and relax.

But to add on to your overreaction they are trying to make the season longer while shortening the preseason.

I reacted to what you wrote. What else would you have me do?