Should we be concerned about Dareus?

I suspect everyone participating in this thread would benefit from a read through of last year's "Levitre Demoted" thread.

+1

I can't get worked up over what happens 2 days into camp. In the end, it is usually just water over a quickly-forgotten dam.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

are people honestly serious? Chill sure we couldve had A.J Green or Peterson (I really wanted Green that year but still was very understanding and still am of the Dareus pick) but its only his 3rd year. He will be fine, he may not be this incredible force but even when he didnt play well he was still alright, he was playing closer to normal close to the end of the season there isnt anything to worry about there.

Could it be as simple as Marrone sticking to his word that players who earn time get time?

MD missed a lot of the earlier stuff. Let him earn his spot back. 2 practices doesn't earn you anything.

Marrone said the same thing about Leodis.

@JoeBuscaglia

Found out today that at the beginning of camp Marcell Dareus was fighting a viral sickness. Explains why he was taking less reps early on

one would think MD wouldve been the first to say that when asked about the reason he wasnt running with the 1s.... "little under the weather, want to be on the field, but limiting activity so I can get to 100% asap"

i still suspect it was a little message, that ended up well received. just my suspicion.

one would think MD wouldve been the first to say that when asked about the reason he wasnt running with the 1s.... "little under the weather, want to be on the field, but limiting activity so I can get to 100% asap"

i still suspect it was a little message, that ended up well received. just my suspicion.

Maybe that's the message of the new administration. Marrone is from the Parcells tree where you share as little info as possible. And honestly, why do the fans need to know everything? It's annoying as a fan but Belichick is about as social as the Unabomber in press conferences.

But at least this thread wasn't a giant overreaction. Goes to show why most fans could never run a pro sports team.

Maybe that's the message of the new administration. Marrone is from the Parcells tree where you share as little info as possible. And honestly, why do the fans need to know everything? It's annoying as a fan but Belichick is about as social as the Unabomber in press conferences.

But at least this thread wasn't a giant overreaction. Goes to show why most fans could never run a pro sports team.

yup - i think a few fans will really react poorly to it if he goes that route but i wont be surprised at all if he does. i use sean payton as a reference since i see him day in and day out locally, but BB is another example, as is parcells. you wont get what you want as a fan from the pressers but hopefully we get it on the field.

Statically he was very good last year. Not sure what people are expecting. I think it's because our defense is so bad as a whole that people think Dareus is not playing well.

No...It's actually because a lot of people on this board, despite the more-than-occasional numbnut, actually watch and understand NFL football...Down in and down out...I know that comes as a surprise to some... ;)

And while Dareus has been far from a complete disappointment...He's no where near the NFL player the Bills, and most Bills fans including me, thought he would be when they drafted him #3 overall...And to your point...I would contest that the reason the Defense was not playing well...at times at least...had a lot to do with Dareus...Though he was far from the sole culprit...It was a total team effort, and he was right in the middle of it... B-)

It appears we have Mario and Dareus to be concerned with now.

http://www.buffaloru...s-training-camp

"We wrote a fairly lengthy article about Buffalo Bills defensive tackle Jay Ross today, necessitated by the fact that he continues to see first-team reps on defense following a healthy dose of the same during the spring months. Part of the reason Ross has had that opportunity? An ongoing situation surrounding third-year defensive tackle Marcell Dareus.

WGR 550's Joe Buscaglia pointed out on Sunday evening that Dareus was barely involved in one-on-one blocking drills between the offensive and defensive lines, and was only taking one in three first-team reps during the team portions of practice. The cause of his appearing limited? We're still not sure, but it's apparently not his health.

"I'm healthy as a rock," Dareus told ESPN.com's Mike Rodak on Monday. "Believe me, with our strength coaches, you're not going to be out here if you're not in shape."

If it's not his health, then what's holding Dareus back? The most likely answer seems to be the coaching staff, but that still doesn't account for an actual reason. Is it the fact that he missed (at least) a week of practices during the spring for personal reasons? Has Ross simply been that impressive? Or should we legitimately be worried about Dareus' pro prospects as he enters his third season as a pro, as well as his prospects as a starting Bills defensive lineman in 2013?"

If I am worried about anything with Dareus, it is the fact that he hasn't come close to living up to being the 3rd overall pick in the draft 3 years ago. He needs to show it soon, or he will be another "Not a good pick" in Bills history when it is all said and done.