Mario's toes are hurting him ....

Thank you!! People see a $100M contract and expect 30 sacks a year... With half a season hurt, and surrounded by a subpar line backing corp, I was reasonably happy with his sack production... That being said, with a full season without injuries I expect more... Hopefully this hang nail doesn't turn into something worth talking about, like an ingrown toenail!!

not only do people see the $100m price tag, they also act like its their money on the line. Can anyone imagine how miserable our defense would have been last year WITHOUT Mario? Yeah, picture that and then tell me he should be cut/traded.

The only people that are pissed with his play are the same ones that thought he would single handedly save this franchise. Comical.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure how there's 4 pages to this thread. Why do people care that he's sitting out training camp due to injury? Why would people care that ANYONE would sit out training camp if they're recovering from injury? This is not the regular season. This is not the time to "tough it out" to show your leadership. While some players have played through an injury, plenty have done so and made the situation worse. Mario is a veteran who played through injury for much of last season. He had the quietest 10.5 sack season I've ever seen. I'm often baffled at how some have such short term memories.

doesnt matter. Mario in 1 season with the worst defense this team has ever out in the field, had more or at least as many sacks than anyone wearing a Bills uniform since before Schobel.

i agree - im one of his bigger supporters as best i can tell, but i was pointing out that it might have more to do with that then the black vs white thing.

i agree - im one of his bigger supporters as best i can tell, but i was pointing out that it might have more to do with that then the black vs white thing.

of course it is. Maybe not black vs white but the whole high motor, blue collar guy picked in the 5th round vs a first round draft pick that everyone wants to call a bust because he didn't break records sacking the QB in his first year in a new team with a horrible defense and even worse defensive coordinator.

If it was someone like Brad Smith, or another one of everyones favorite whipping boys they would be all over calling for him to be cut immediately, but because he is "Super Mario" he will get the kid glove treatment and its not a big deal.

to be calling for anyone to be cut in this situation is ridiculous. i wouldnt call that kid glove treatment. if anything mario is getting it worse than most due to the spotlight of being super mario.

You must crack yourself up.

Just reading the script..

How is this even a story... You know it's day 1 of Bills training camp when someone is throwing in the towel on a player who is resting a minor injury... Is EJ a bum when he takes a day to rest his sore shoulder on day 15?

EJ is making fast food wages compared to the importance of his position and the amount of his contract, so, no. Also, I don't imagine EJ hurting his toe doing wind sprints, or sitting out if he did.

It amazes me how everything can be fine and then, the day before practices are supposed to start... oops, there is an injury that no one knows about and keeps him off the field. Marrone did his Chan Gailey impersonation when asked about it. Are the coaches and trainers really so far out of the loop when it comes to their players health as this?

not only do people see the $100m price tag, they also act like its their money on the line.

Part of my salary unwillingly goes to that $100M, so yes.

I'm not sure how there's 4 pages to this thread. Why do people care that he's sitting out training camp due to injury? Why would people care that ANYONE would sit out training camp if they're recovering from injury?

Because there's nothing else happening. Which the media even admits.

yet nobody is saying ANYTHING about Kyle Williams missing practice. Not sure if it the over exaggerated hate for Mario or the puppy love that encompasses the white, blue collar, high motor, hometown guy. Hmmm

We knew Kyle was coming off an injury and surgery before 2 days ago. I think the issue with MW is that this issue seems to be new, sudden, and extraordinarily well timed.

I'd rather he was healthy but missing a bit of TC to get there, is fine. We will see some other players and if they can step up this way and if he is his usual self he will miss some time for one reason or another anyway. At least his backups get some reps, this is a good thing. I don't see why everyone has to be all over the guy for any injury. I do understand he is well paid but so what? One thing has nothing to do with the other IMO.

Williams shrugged off the past, saying the opening of camp serves as an opportunity for a fresh start. And he sees no reason why the Bills can't be considered contenders.

"It's just as realistic as us standing here right now," Williams said. "At the end of the day, we've just got to go out and we've got to do it. No ifs, ands or buts about it. No excuses."

The Bills came up with plenty of excuses for their woes last year. And that included Williams, who blamed his poor start to the season on a nagging left wrist injury he eventually had surgically repaired after seven games.

"We have to be able to put that behind us," he said. "It's a brand new year, and everything's up for grabs. Everything's up for the taking."

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/07/26/mario-williams-arrives-at-camp-with-super-expectations-for-buffalo-bills/

Does this sounds like a injured man ~3 days ago ?