Other teams Training Camp injuries

http://www.nfl.com/n...n-with-torn-acl

The New York Jets announced that Berry suffered a season-ending knee injury in practice on Friday.

The former second-round pick was in line to be a starter for the Detroit Lions last season before being arrested twice in one month during the offseason. He was cut by the Lions last July and served a three-game suspension for a DUI and brandishing a gun in his hometown of Harrisburg, Pa. Berry signed with the Jets in October, appearing in seven games.

More bad news for the bad news jest.

Edited by Just Jack
fixed title

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, stuff like this happens a lot...remember Browns signed a big FA Center a few years ago and he tore his knee up in camp and never played that year...can't remember his name but I believe he was from.the Saints and was really good

Living in NJ I am always torn when people use the term NJ Jets to insult the Jets. On one hand I hate the Jets and love to see them being insulted. On the other using my beloved state as the method to insult them isn't something I am really appreciative of (Also Jets fans in New Jersey wouldn't consider that an insult anyway).

Yeah, stuff like this happens a lot...remember Browns signed a big FA Center a few years ago and he tore his knee up in camp and never played that year...can't remember his name but I believe he was from.the Saints and was really good

LeCharles Bentley. I remember he was one of the top free agents in the 2006 Class, a 26 year old center at the time who had made the probowl twice for the Saints. He was considered the top prize for the Browns that year but he suffered a freak injury in the first play of training camp. He collected big money that first year and then after a comeback attempt in 2007 could get back on the field again (Looked up those last few bits).

No. Berry sucks. Well, with how garbage the Jests CBs are, I guess it could have happened.

Example #50000 to shorten training camp.

Jets CB are a pretty decent bunch they have Cromartie a legit number one, they just drafted Dee Millner in the 1st round, and they have Kyle Wilson who is decent. Jets are a mess on offense but their D isn't bad.

Living in NJ I am always torn when people use the term NJ Jets to insult the Jets. On one hand I hate the Jets and love to see them being insulted. On the other using my beloved state as the method to insult them isn't something I am really appreciative of (Also Jets fans in New Jersey wouldn't consider that an insult anyway).

I don't see it as an insult, just a statement of fact. They do not play in New York State, therefore calling them the NY Jets is inaccurate. A friend of mine who is a Giants fan counters that we should therefore be the Orchard Park Bills. To which my response is, fine, NY Bills, NJ Jets/Giants. Everybody's happy.

I don't see it as an insult, just a statement of fact. They do not play in New York State, therefore calling them the NY Jets is inaccurate. A friend of mine who is a Giants fan counters that we should therefore be the Orchard Park Bills. To which my response is, fine, NY Bills, NJ Jets/Giants. Everybody's happy.

I remember reading about William F. "New York Bill" Cody too

No. Berry sucks. Well, with how garbage the Jests CBs are, I guess it could have happened.

Example #50000 to shorten training camp.

1) The offseason programs have gone from a 14 week period to a 9 week period.

2) The number of OTA days has gone from 14 to 10.

3) The dreaded "two-a-days" (two full-contact practices) in training camp have been completely eliminated.

4) Training camp practices are now limited to no more than 3 hours. If there is a second practice that day, it has to be a walk-thru practice lasting no more than 1 hour.

5) Also new in training camp is the rule stipulating that teams give their players one complete day off per week with no practices or meetings.

6) Teams cannot have a padded practice until at least the 4th day of training camp.

7) During the regular season the team may hold no more than 14 full-pad practices with no more than 11 such practices in the first 11 weeks and the remaining 3 padded-practices spread out over the final 6 weeks.

The players are overjoyed by these changes for good reason.

What happened to Commings was virtually a non-contact injury. In the Cowboys training camp they've already suffered two non-contact injuries involving a bone bruise to the knee and a ruptured achilles tendon.

Despite now enjoying the safest practice standards in decades, injuries will never be eradicated from NFL practices.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan