Other teams Training Camp injuries

Excluding the Ponder pick, yes they have.

Not sure of the extent of the injury but it seems that while the Broncos are one of the favorites to be in the Super Bowl this year they are renting Rodgers-Cromartie this year for their run. Having a shaky secondary I bet that they would make a good trade partner for Byrd. We might be able to get a king's ransome for him. I would think that at the very worse next year's first round draft pick would be a lock, especially that it's expected that the Broncos would be picking late in the round.

Good thoughts.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are they for cap space, they would have to have at least 6.9 mil in space.

well, technically not. The Bills can't sign him to a "multi-year" contract but they can sign him to any 1 year contract they can agree on. So maybe Byrd accepts less money if the Bills trade him to a contender, or a team that commits to signing a log term contract with plenty of bonuses for him. Of course this contract worth less money than the franchise tag would be attractive to other teams looking for a Pro Bowl FS. Especially a team like the Broncos that feel that their window to winning a Super Bowl dwindles as Payton's health and age deteriorate.

well, technically not. The Bills can't sign him to a "multi-year" contract but they can sign him to any 1 year contract they can agree on. So maybe Byrd accepts less money if the Bills trade him to a contender, or a team that commits to signing a log term contract with plenty of bonuses for him. Of course this contract worth less money than the franchise tag would be attractive to other teams looking for a Pro Bowl FS. Especially a team like the Broncos that feel that their window to winning a Super Bowl dwindles as Payton's health and age deteriorate.

I read on another (non-Bills) website that not only can the Bills not negotiate a long-term contract with Byrd now that the July 15th deadline has passed, but no other team can as well. I didn't know that and if it's true, it kills his trade value.

Bulaga never did make it at LT, did he?

No he has not.

Nor has Michael Oher who last week stated that he's more comfortable playing on the right side.

The Bills were heavily criticized by some on this board for passing over Bulaga and Oher.

That criticism has vanished.

However none of the critics have recanted.

How predictable.

And again, Jake Ballard still isn't healthy despite his ACL surgery over a year and a half ago. Many wanted him but there's a reason the Giants put him on waivers and tried to sign him to the PS.

Maybe trade one of the Bills' WR's to them?

No he has not.

Nor has Michael Oher who last week stated that he's more comfortable playing on the right side.

The Bills were heavily criticized by some on this board for passing over Bulaga and Oher.

That criticism has vanished.

However none of the critics have recanted.

How predictable.

It's like the Robert Neachum scenario. When the Bills failed to sign him, or should I say that they had a certain value attached to him, people were quick to point the finger at our front office's ineptness. Needless to say that AJ Smith is still looking out for the Bills (big, dry sarcasm button on this statement).

And again, Jake Ballard still isn't healthy despite his ACL surgery over a year and a half ago. Many wanted him but there's a reason the Giants put him on waivers and tried to sign him to the PS.

Maybe trade one of the Bills' WR's to them?

It wasnt a practice squad move, it was to an injured list

Danario Alexander, WR, San Diego Chargers. Torn ACL.

http://www.boltsfrom...-has-a-torn-acl

EDIT: It just kills me to see these players get hurt. I'm not a fan of these other teams here but I really dont like seeing great athletes on any team get hurt.

hes had MAJOR knee issues. long term health of the knee is likely why we passed on him in the first place.