'splain your avatar

Chandler#81

The idea was brought up in another thread, so here goes:

Mine? Love the Ralphie movie, received a leg lamp @ Xmas some years back (in a wooden crate, no less..) and the 'Major Award' is visible every day on PTI, making it a sports related object.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I first wanted to use this picture below, but it didn't fit well as an avatar.

03-16-49_frerotte-and-kelly_420.jpg

When I was a kid, Frerotte was far from my favorite player on the stacked SB teams, but his eyeblack/face paint was all sorts of awesome.

All in all, he was a cool player, but I chose to use him as an avatar more so because of the particular picture, than any sentimental attachment to Mitch. RIP.

http://youtu.be/Y_4fNYY6HSM

Hot chicks and football = awesome. -1 for no beer in the pic, so I give myself a 9 outta 10.

When I was a kid, Frerotte was far from my favorite player on the stacked SB teams, but his eyeblack/face paint was all sorts of awesome.

All in all, he was a cool player, but I chose to use him as an avatar more so because of the particular picture, than any sentimental attachment to Mitch. RIP.

Plus, fu man chu's and mullets friggn' rock

As last season wound down and the total disappointment set in, I changed mine to this. Now that training camp is about to start and the optimism is coming back (in the young players, not our chances) I’ll probably find something new soon. Although I’ll keep this one on standby because our track record says I’ll probably need it again in a few months. :cry:

Edited by cnico

Damon Wayans has always been one of my all time favorite comedians, and I always loved the character he portrayed as Homey. Then recently a statement was made in an interview to a reporter "That's a clown question bro" and it all just came together for me in a perfect storm...

After a couple of earlier avatar choices were nixed by admins (Ground Up and In The Freezer, Mr Rogers flipping the bird), I went with an EJ football card to welcome our new QB. But I'm thinking it's time for a change again...

After a couple of earlier avatar choices were nixed by admins (Ground Up and In The Freezer, Mr Rogers flipping the bird), I went with an EJ football card to welcome our new QB. But I'm thinking it's time for a change again...

I would have enjoyed your Mr. Rogers avatar.

Mine comes from some dumb story online a few months back about what NFL logos would look like if they played in England. I thought the "Williamson Williamchester Williams III" thing was pretty funny. Plus, monocles rule.

http://daveartlocker.blogspot.ca/2013/02/what-if-all-nfl-logos-were-british.html?m=1

Edited by jimmyo

Wayyyy back in 1998 when I got my first computer and I discovered what was then the Roch D&C Bills board, I wanted a name that only someone who grew up in Buffalo in the 70s would get. Hence the name and the avatar.

PTR

He died young. I wonder if his heart attack was related to the use of PEDs. Not sure, but i believe his 3 touchdowns in one year is a record for offensive linemen.

Edited by first_and_ten

When I was a kid, I think it was 4th grade or so, Monte Ledbetter of the Bills came to our school to do a talk/program on the importance of physical fitness. He signed autographs for all of us, and hung out with us for most of the day. I was pretty impressed, even though I didn't know much about football, or the Bills players at the time. Even years later when I found out he never really was a "star" with the Bills, his willingness to spend time with a bunch of elementary school kids impressed me.