Obamanomics

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, so? Can't even believe you would ask that in this thread! lol You probably don't get the connection

No I don't get the connection. But I get this one.

http://www.thenation.com/article/167050/red-states-see-massive-public-sector-job-losses#

But what’s critical to understand is that the drop-off in employment in state and local government wasn’t spread evenly across states, and this trend had almost nothing to do with Obama or his policies.

No I don't get the connection. But I get this one.

http://www.thenation...ctor-job-losses#

HA HA HA!!! Without even realizing it you did make the connection! BINGO! You can say the same thing with private sector jobs, nothing to do with Obama one way or the other

everyone's being too hard on the Obama administration's handling of the economy. why, the GDP for the first quarter of this year grew by a staggering 0.1%:

http://www.forbes.co...t-quarter-2014/

:bag:

Stock market is rocking!! Go Obama!!

HA HA HA!!! Without even realizing it you did make the connection! BINGO! You can say the same thing with private sector jobs, nothing to do with Obama one way or the other

This would be good if you actually believe that which of course you don't .

Our S&M President's policies at work.

http://www.telegraph...d-tapering.html

The US economy has delivered two minor shocks in a week, prompting concerns that bond tapering by the Federal Reserve may be doing more damage than expected.

Non-Farm Payrolls data released on Friday shows that the workforce shed 806,000 jobs in April, a stunning drop that cannot plausibly be blamed on the weather. Wage growth and hours worked were both flat and the manufacturing hours per week fell.

This follows news earlier in the week that the economy to a halt in the first quarter. Growth plummeted to 0.1pc and is now well below the Fed’s “stall speed” indicator. Analysts blamed this on the freezing polar vortex over the winter.

Yet the jobs data confirm a disturbingly weak picture. The headline unemployment rate fell to 6.3pc but that was only because the labour “participation rate” plummeted back to a modern-era low of 62.8pc, last seen in 1978 when there were far fewer women in the workforce. The rate for males is the lowest ever recorded at 69.1pc.

The jobs market is highly volatile – and is often revised later – but the data are a warning that the US recovery may be losing momentum. Lakshman Achuthan, from the Economic Cycle Research Institute, said the trend was already weakening long before the cold weather. “We see a failure to launch. We’re decelerating, not accelerating, and that is a big concern,” he said.

Edited by 3rdnlng

[ weather. “We see a failure to launch. We’re decelerating, not accelerating, and that is a big concern,” he said.[/font][/font][/color][/size]

so you think the Fed should keep tossing more money into the economy? Are you not worried about inflation there 3rd?

Great post, btw. You are one of the smarter posters here

The US economy has delivered two minor shocks in a week, prompting concerns that bond tapering by the Federal Reserve may be doing more damage than expected.

Non-Farm Payrolls data released on Friday shows that the workforce shed 806,000 jobs in April, a stunning drop that cannot plausibly be blamed on the weather. Wage growth and hours worked were both flat and the manufacturing hours per week fell.

This follows news earlier in the week that the economy to a halt in the first quarter. Growth plummeted to 0.1pc and is now well below the Fed’s “stall speed” indicator. Analysts blamed this on the freezing polar vortex over the winter.

Yet the jobs data confirm a disturbingly weak picture. The headline unemployment rate fell to 6.3pc but that was only because the labour “participation rate” plummeted back to a modern-era low of 62.8pc, last seen in 1978 when there were far fewer women in the workforce. The rate for males is the lowest ever recorded at 69.1pc.

The jobs market is highly volatile – and is often revised later – but the data are a warning that the US recovery may be losing momentum. Lakshman Achuthan, from the Economic Cycle Research Institute, said the trend was already weakening long before the cold weather. “We see a failure to launch. We’re decelerating, not accelerating, and that is a big concern,” he said.

I saw this article elsewhere, and this guy is an idiot. The economy did not "shed 806k jobs," that was the drop in the number of people in the labor force, which includes those working and those unemployed. The economy added 288k jobs according to the payroll data here. :doh: :doh: :doh:

I saw this article elsewhere, and this guy is an idiot. The economy did not "shed 806k jobs," that was the drop in the number of people in the labor force, which includes those working and those unemployed. The economy added 288k jobs according to the payroll data here. :doh: :doh: :doh:

What group do you place those in that have given up looking for work?

What group do you place those in that have given up looking for work?

Discouraged workers. If you read the BLS report, it said that the number is 793,000, which was about the same as it was one year ago.

Discouraged workers. If you read the BLS report, it said that the number is 793,000, which was about the same as it was one year ago.

I'm an employed discouraged worker/human being. Where do I fall in the statistics?

Most of the jobs added are low-paying jobs. Many have dropped out of the work force and labor participation is the lowest its been in 36 years. And now several are saying the economy shrank during the first 3 months, instead of "growing" by 0.1%.

I'm an employed discouraged worker/human being. Where do I fall in the statistics?

A member of the alienated proletariat....unite!

Most of the jobs added are low-paying jobs. Many have dropped out of the work force and labor participation is the lowest its been in 36 years. And now several are saying the economy shrank during the first 3 months, instead of "growing" by 0.1%.

I wouldn't try to argue that things are great, but there are parts of the economy that are booming. This for example...

In fact, Chef and I should think about going back into the industry...

A member of the alienated proletariat....unite!

I wouldn't try to argue that things are great, but there are parts of the economy that are booming. This for example...

In fact, Chef and I should think about going back into the industry...

Welders earning $7000/week? How awful....all we get are jobs that create new evil rich people! Hopefully we can get OWS out to those oil fields to protest all that hording of wealth.