Obamanomics

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite is the recent "tour" by Biden where he touts all the jobs for firefighters, teachers, and police the stimulus "created". Way to understand economics, brainiac.

Oh, just wait until Biden's prez bid begins.

There are still morons, here and elsewhere, that think throwing money at turds = consumer spending = win. It's patently retarded. What you gain in the short term, you lose x3 in inflation and opportunity cost of that $ being spent better elsewhere, like adult education, which fixes STRUCTURAL UNEMPLOYMENT, which is problem #1, NITWITS! Bill Clinton made is friggin bones on this.

Again, The Stimulus of 2009 was a non-Keynsian, Keynsian Stimulus. :lol: They STILL can't point out a single, traditional, Keynsian multiplier in that a-hole endeavour. Since when is a cop's salary a multiplier? That's F'ing addition, not multiplication. :wallbash: Propping up over-extended liberal state/Federal government, is not STIMULUS.

• 2 months later...

Everyone get ready for Summer Recovery V5.2

Gross domestic product, the broadest measure of economic activity, grew at a 0.1% annual pace in the first quarter, the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis reported Wednesday.

That's brutally slow, even by sluggish post-recession standards. Since the Great Recession ended in June 2009, the economy has been growing at a rate of about 2% to 3% per year.

Edited by LABillzFan

I've got ten bucks says they blame "Climate Change."

Only after "Republican obstruction" first, Tom..............

China poised to pass US as world’s leading economic power this year

By Chris Giles, Economics Editor

The US is on the brink of losing its status as the world’s largest economy, and is likely to slip behind China this year, sooner than widely anticipated, according to the world’s leading statistical agencies.

The US has been the global leader since overtaking the UK in 1872. Most economists previously thought China would pull ahead in 2019.

Edited by B-Man

I've got ten bucks says they blame "Climate Change."

I'll take that bet....why would they deviate from the tried & true 'blame Bush'? it's easier to make a connection between greedy corporate republicans & economic malaise than to tie it to an industrial-scale abuse of Gaia. this is not a particularly imaginitive bunch we're dealing with here.

Let's not forget people that the rich continue to do well. What we need is more targeted government spending and more taxes, but the damn obstructionist Republicans are trying to kill the recovery for political reasons. We need to wind the clock back to '09 for when the Dems had control everything. Not much has gotten done since then. That and we need Obama for a 3rd and possibly 4th term. If the Republicans (or even worse more tea party conservatives) get into office, they'll set us back for decades. Voters need to understand the peril we face as a nation if Dems don't pick up the house and keep the senate in the upcoming mid-terms.

This Sterling thing just adds fuel to the Obama blame racism game he plays. Republicans have to find a black guy to run. Jindel does not qualify.

Sorry Security, but that really isn't right.

There are many, many African-American conservatives that would make great Presidents that I would gladly vote for,

but to pick a candidate solely because he/she is Black is the kind of thing Libs do.

Back to Obamanomics..............

NOBODY MENTIONS IT BECAUSE HE’S A DEMOCRAT, BUT OBAMA HAS CREATED MORE POOR PEOPLE.

SO, PEOPLE ARE PAYING ATTENTION, THEN. In today’s NBC/Wall Street Journal Poll (PDF) there’s this:

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? “The economic and political systems in the country are stacked against people like me.”

Agree: 55

Disagree: 39

Well, we’ve got insider trading at the SEC and in Congress, a tax cheat as Secretary of Treasury, Harry Reid’s accumulated millions over a career of “public service,” a bunch of “recovery” and “stimulus” spending that went straight into the hands of Obama insiders, etc., etc. etc. So, yeah. Of course, the Dems will try to spin this against the Evil Koch BrothersTM.

This Sterling thing just adds fuel to the Obama blame racism game he plays. Republicans have to find a black guy to run. Jindel does not qualify.

from what I understand, Sterling is a democrat, so it takes a jaundiced imagination to make a connection to republicans. besides, in my ever so humble opinion, picking a black guy to run for president because he's a black guy is every bit as racist as not nominating someone because he is black.

from what I understand, Sterling is a democrat, so it takes a jaundiced imagination to make a connection to republicans. besides, in my ever so humble opinion, picking a black guy to run for president because he's a black guy is every bit as racist as not nominating someone because he is black.

He's actually a Repub, but he's only contributed to Dems.

Only after "Republican obstruction" first, Tom..............

China poised to pass US as world’s leading economic power this year

By Chris Giles, Economics Editor

The US is on the brink of losing its status as the world’s largest economy, and is likely to slip behind China this year, sooner than widely anticipated, according to the world’s leading statistical agencies.

The US has been the global leader since overtaking the UK in 1872. Most economists previously thought China would pull ahead in 2019.

http://www.ft.com/cm...l#axzz30NzJjgbr

No, no, no...economic growth was impacted by an exceptionally cold winter, due to global warming, which the Republicans refuse to address.

Climate change BECAUSE of Republican obstruction.