PFF's projected starting lineup

http://blogs.buffalo...tarting-lineup/

I'd change CB Justin Rodgers to S Duke Williams, SS Da'Norris Searcy to SS Aaron Williams and DE Mark Anderson to DL Alex Carrington on defense and maybe WR T.J. Graham to WR Da' Rick Rogers at WR....not sure if I'd trade LB Nigel Bradham to LB Manny Lawson...will have to see how preseason goes for them...

nice to see we have at least 2 elite players, but I might add Mario to the Elite also...I know he ONLY had 10.5 sacks last season and seemed to be missing at times, but i think (hope) this year he might get like 15 - 18 sacks :thumbsup:

UUGGG...i spelled starting wrong...hit E and didn't notice it...how do i edit title??

ahh..someone fixed it..thx..:)

Edited by Tsaikotic

Wood deserves a better grade and K. Williams deserves to be taken down a notch. Better than Mario Williams? That's comical.

Agree with both of those, and I think Mario should be listed as elite. I think people discount his injury last year. His level of play went up right after his surgery.

I also think LE, whether Anderson or Carrington, should be listed as average, not below average, while the injury to Chandler should drop him to average for the time being.

In nickle I think it will be Bryan Scott not Justin Rogers.

I agree with Spiller being rated HQ, he will need to repeat and sustain to be considered Elite.

Anderson has not proved himself as an average starter yet.

Funny some give excuses for Mario Williams's injury but Kyle Williams's injury was much more severe and he has been rated by many teams as much bigger impact player when healthy. I am just glad that they will be playing next to each other so teams will need to pick their poison.

I agree Wood deserves a better grade, but maybe you haven't watched K Williams play Raggs. In a 3-4 he may not fit perfectly, but when they go 4 man front/nickel he excels.

FWIW, I think Urbick deserves a better grade, though anything that keeps outsiders believing we suck is a good thing. One of the more excited discussions Buddy had here was acquiring him from waivers. He fully believed Wood, Urbick and Levitre were the 3 best OL prospects in that draft and Dadgummit, he was thrilled to have 'em together! Seriously, he's very steady in run and pass* and gets to the second level.

*pass= Fitz's quick release..

I agree Wood deserves a better grade, but maybe you haven't watched K Williams play Raggs. In a 3-4 he may not fit perfectly, but when they go 4 man front/nickel he excels.

i watch every play of every game my friend. And I really don't have any clue what everyone sees in him.

i watch every play of every game my friend. And I really don't have any clue what everyone sees in him.

seems like there have been stretches in the past where kyle williams has been nearly unblockable. then there are stretches where you will really not notice he is on the field. hopefully he is healthy and consistant this year, because if the defense is going to improve, we will need kw to be in his best form.

seems like there have been stretches in the past where kyle williams has been nearly unblockable. then there are stretches where you will really not notice he is on the field. hopefully he is healthy and consistant this year, because if the defense is going to improve, we will need kw to be in his best form.

I don't know if anyone can really evaluate Kyle Williams' play over the last two years.

In 2011 he had the bone spurs that were so painful that he had to have the heels of his football shoes cut out just to play. The spurs necessitated the detachment and re-attachment of his achilles tendon.

Last year he had the same problem with his other foot and had the same offseason surgery.

So essentially you can take Kyle's performances in 2011 and 2012 and throw them out the window as far as what they might indicate for his future play.

Arguably his play in 2010 would be the best predictor of his future play.

That of course was the year that Williams was selected to the AP All-Pro team.

if by unstoppable, you mean not making tackles on RBs as they hit the hole, then yeah.

The fact is, as a DT, K. Williams has been part of some of the worst run defenses in Bills and nfl history.

That's pretty much all that needs to be said.

Wood deserves a better grade and K. Williams deserves to be taken down a notch. Better than Mario Williams? That's comical.

Completely agree.. At this point Wood is the best player on that OL...Even better than the "Above Average" Cordy Glenn.

Kyle Williams was ranked #22 on PFF's top 100 players of 2012 (a list based on their metrics and only taking 2012 play into account). Byrd was #25, which I believe is why they both got the blue chips. Spiller was #18, but I guess his lack of play time is why they didn't give him the "elite" status.

Completely agree.. At this point Wood is the best player on that OL...Even better than the "Above Average" Cordy Glenn.

And Wood is going into the final year of his contract. Haven't heard anything about the Bills working on an extension, although there's time.

Then again, Overdorf can only handle one negotiation at a time, which frees him up to work on Wood now that we know little to nothing is happening with Byrd.

It will be interesting to see how these young LBs do (especially early on in the season) Bryan Scott over someone, I am not sure Rogers or Bradham in the nickel. IMO. Searcy may get a run for it from Williams. TJ as the 2nd receiver? I am not sure that'll happen. Legursky as guard either. Even McKelvin is a questionable starter IMO.

Kolb as QB is a question. I think more rooks see the field early or are starting by game 4.

So it is kind of pointless to do this exercise and way, way too early. I hate offseason.

Kyle Williams was ranked #22 on PFF's top 100 players of 2012 (a list based on their metrics and only taking 2012 play into account). Byrd was #25, which I believe is why they both got the blue chips. Spiller was #18, but I guess his lack of play time is why they didn't give him the "elite" status.

And don't forget, Spiller gets winded.

WR and CB make me nervous. Graham and Rogers were awful last year.

Spiller will not get respected in some circles because he's not a bell cow. OJ and Thurman played nearly every down and got most of the work and carried the load. CJ might not be that kind of a back. He's exciting as all get out, but he might never average 18 - 20 carries a game.

Spiller will not get respected in some circles because he's not a bell cow. OJ and Thurman played nearly every down and got most of the work and carried the load. CJ might not be that kind of a back. He's exciting as all get out, but he might never average 18 - 20 carries a game.

His blocking is not that great such that I would want him on the field on an all out blitz like Thurman; perhaps in a few years he will improve.

Defense. No sign of Lawson or Branch or Hughes. So basically the same line up as last year with the addition of Alonzo. We can but hope that the Mike Pettine scheme is as good as advertised.

if by unstoppable, you mean not making tackles on RBs as they hit the hole, then yeah.

The fact is, as a DT, K. Williams has been part of some of the worst run defenses in Bills and nfl history.

That's pretty much all that needs to be said.

You make a fair point. His position is all about consistency rather than making one standout play every once in a while. Limiting the RBs to minimal yardage every time is what it's all about for a DT / NT.

Defense. No sign of Lawson or Branch or Hughes. So basically the same line up as last year with the addition of Alonzo. We can but hope that the Mike Pettine scheme is as good as advertised.

That's my point Peter. As a DT, even in a 4-3, he is getting about the amount of sacks he's supposed to. No much different from other DTs around the league. His amazing plays happen a bit, but his plays in between, are invisible at best.

Same as I said before, he's anchored the defensive line on some of the worst run defenses in the history of the NFL. That doesn't say much about him, other than he's not as good as advertised.