Patriots' Hernandez arrested in homicide investigation

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm....well then where did you hear of this "report" that AH has confessed to to shooting a guy in a case which the police aren't even investigating anymore?
wait - so you fabricated a signed confession out of thin air since "hes got to have something" reportedly typically means someones reporting it, and a link is available (or some source)

Someone claimed it but it cannot be verified. But again, for a lawyer to take a gun case involving a drug dealer, there has to be supporting evidence. But like the current case, we shall see.

Someone claimed it but it cannot be verified. But again, for a lawyer to take a gun case involving a drug dealer, there has to be supporting evidence. But like the current case, we shall see.

i mean, not to be toooo blunt, but im sure with even a shred of credibility that they were together that night, and the resulting hole in his face... coupled with the DEEP pockets of an NFL player.... simply finding a lawyer might not be all THAT tough, finding a credible one could be another story. what was the filing error that got it rejected initially, out of curiousity? i recall seeing it, but dont remember details. might speak to the quality of the lawyer.

also, i am still curious where you heard the signed confession thing - even a loose reference to a source? "some guy on TV" would be more descriptive than what youve given. im not saying you didnt hear it, but i havent seen any reference to it, anywhere, and i was curious where to look.

Edited by NoSaint

i mean, not to be toooo blunt, but im sure with even a shred of credibility that they were together that night, and the resulting hole in his face... coupled with the DEEP pockets of an NFL player.... simply finding a lawyer might not be all THAT tough, finding a credible one could be another story. what was the filing error that got it rejected initially, out of curiousity? i recall seeing it, but dont remember details. might speak to the quality of the lawyer.

also, i am still curious where you heard the signed confession thing - even a loose reference to a source? "some guy on TV" would be more descriptive than what youve given. im not saying you didnt hear it, but i havent seen any reference to it, anywhere, and i was curious where to look.

Someone claimed something at sometime so it must be true

Someone posted it. They sounded credible and considering the guy got shot through the arm and into his eye, meaning someone else must have done it, I believed it. Maybe he didn't admit to it. But it's obvious he did, whether intentionally or not.

And the case was dismissed on a technicality. That was fixed and it was re-filed.

Someone posted it. They sounded credible and considering the guy got shot through the arm and into his eye, meaning someone else must have done it, I believed it. Maybe he didn't admit to it. But it's obvious he did, whether intentionally or not.

And the case was dismissed on a technicality. That was fixed and it was re-filed.

Well than give us the link, doc.

Do you really think it is even remotely possible that anyone, let alone Hernandez, would sign a piece of paper saying that he shot someone? This preposterous claim "sounded credible" to you?? You have painted yourself into a classic doc corner with this one!

As for the civil suit, yeah--it was "fixed". His lawyer had to remove the false claim that his client had to have plates and screws in his arm as a result of the bullet. "Oops! Ignore my first lawsuit everybody! This is the real one!" Maybe if he goes back to the cops.....gonna be hard to convince a jury without "refiling" a police report ("hey, ignore my previous police report too!").

And it's now "obvious" AH shot the drug dealer too? Tell us how you concluded that.

doc, i mean this in the best of ways, but you are better than this effort. i dont always agree with you, but im used to getting a little more out of you even if i dont agree with it.

As for the civil suit, yeah--it was "fixed". His lawyer had to remove the false claim that his client had to have plates and screws in his arm as a result of the bullet. "Oops! Ignore my first lawsuit everybody! This is the real one!" Maybe if he goes back to the cops.....gonna be hard to convince a jury without "refiling" a police report ("hey, ignore my previous police report too!").

thaaaats it. i remembered thinking "really?!?!" when i originally read it but totally spaced on what it was just now. thats a pretty big slip up on a lawyers part. i think its the type that makes it hard for me to believe "he wouldnt have filed unless they had proof." doesnt mean he doesnt have proof, but benefit of the doubt is a bit out the window on the quality of this guys lawyer/judgement.

Well than give us the link, doc.

Do you really think it is even remotely possible that anyone, let alone Hernandez, would sign a piece of paper saying that he shot someone? This preposterous claim "sounded credible" to you?? You have painted yourself into a classic doc corner with this one!

And it's now "obvious" AH shot the drug dealer too? Tell us how you concluded that.

Do I think he would have signed a paper? No. Then again I also never thought he'd be the main (hell, only) suspect in a homicide. But I agree it's about as believable as someone wanting a woman to keep a $750K ring based on texts.

And unless this was a modern-day JFK assassination attempt with a gunman on a grassy knoll and a magic bullet, it's pretty obvious AH did it. Again about as obvious as Ray Lewis murdering two people.

Do I think he would have signed a paper? No. Then again I also never thought he'd be the main (hell, only) suspect in a homicide. But I agree it's about as believable as someone wanting a woman to keep a $750K ring based on texts.

And unless this was a modern-day JFK assassination attempt with a gunman on a grassy knoll and a magic bullet, it's pretty obvious AH did it. Again about as obvious as Ray Lewis murdering two people.

So first you "believed it", now you don't "think he would have" signed such a paper. That was a quick flop--a record.

This entire post is obfuscation and backtracking.

i just....

well....

i dont even know what to say. surely you are just trying to get a reaction with this, and you dont believe it as strongly as it reads, right?

i just....

well....

i dont even know what to say. surely you are just trying to get a reaction with this, and you dont believe it as strongly as it reads, right?

Cue his "I was just being facetious" post...

So first you "believed it", now you don't "think he would have" signed such a paper. That was a quick flop--a record.

This entire post is obfuscation and backtracking.

What I think he did and what he actually did can be two different things, no? I said that there must have been something to make a lawyer take a gun case involving a drug dealer as the vic, and that something could be the confession. And even though the confession could be used in a criminal case, if the vic doesn't wan't to press charges, nothing further will happen in the case.

i just....

well....

WEO can explain it to you NoSaint. He knew exactly what I was saying, hence the reason he cut out everything but the part where he thinks I backtracked.

What I think he did and what he actually did can be two different things, no? I said that there must have been something to make a lawyer take a gun case involving a drug dealer as the vic, and that something could be the confession. And even though the confession could be used in a criminal case, if the vic doesn't wan't to press charges, nothing further will happen in the case.

If you shoot someone they don't get to decide if they want to press charges or not, especially if it is with an unregistered handgun.

WEO can explain it to you NoSaint. He knew exactly what I was saying, hence the reason he cut out everything but the part where he thinks I backtracked.

Well since we are all speculating at this point, let's just consider what you think he did. You dropped the bomb of a signed confession. You said you believe it because the source is credible. Yet you can't link this very credible "post" (it had to be very persuasive to make anyone belive such a thing). Now you say you don't believe he signed any such paper. How is that not backtracking? What am I leaving out?--the Mario and Ray analagies you threw in to insinuate that you might have been joking before with this confession?

NoSaint made it clear why a lawyer would take up such a case with any client who said a rich, troubled NFL star shot him. And why would this guy's lawyer be sitting on a confession and not going to the cops with it? And why would AH sign it? How would it be in his best interest?

Surely you can answer these simple questions...

Well since we are all speculating at this point, let's just consider what you think he did. You dropped the bomb of a signed confession. You said you believe it because the source is credible. Yet you can't link this very credible "post" (it had to be very persuasive to make anyone belive such a thing). Now you say you don't believe he signed any such paper. How is that not backtracking? What am I leaving out?--the Mario and Ray analagies you threw in to insinuate that you might have been joking before with this confession?

NoSaint made it clear why a lawyer would take up such a case with any client who said a rich, troubled NFL star shot him. And why would this guy's lawyer be sitting on a confession and not going to the cops with it? And why would AH sign it? How would it be in his best interest?

Surely you can answer these simple questions...

Again, what I think AH would or wouldn't do is immateral. The guy is obviously a moron and it's possible that as a result of being a moron, he signed a confession saying he shot the guy, but accidentally, and that's all he's willing to say on the matter. The vic apparently doesn't want to do anything more than say it was an accident, but he's got bills to pay and wants remuneration for his injuries and not criminal charges to be filed.

As for there always being a lawyer to take a case, yes that's true. But for the paltry sum of money the plaintiff asking for ($100,000), I doubt it would be worth a lawyer's time if he didn't feel he had a good case.

Again I originally said "reportedly there is..." I didn't say "there is..." And the civil case is the least of his worries.

If you shoot someone they don't get to decide if they want to press charges or not, especially if it is with an unregistered handgun.

I cannot imagine that Florida LE could fail to indict AH if he admitted to shooting someone there. They have said that they will not proceed without the complainant in the civil suits cooperation. I find that pretty remarkable in itself since his claim, a public document, alleges negligent use of a firearm/or alternatively the intentional infliction of bodily harm. I did not see where the claim was supported with an affidavit or other sworn statement although normally this would be the case and in any event if the civil case is to proceed his allegations will eventually have to be entered into evidence under oath and be subject to examination by AHs lawyers. With a detailed sworn statement I would have expected the DA to act.

It's clear that the "victim" just wants to hit AH up for cash and not pursue a criminal action. But I would have thought what he wanted was pretty much irrelevant. The gist of it is that shooting somebody in the face is also a matter in which the People have an interest-peace, order, good government and bodily security.. After all if he did it once he might go out and do it again to somebody else-oh wait!

I wonder if Burriss was the complainant when he shot himself. Or maybe there are no laws in Florida.