It's somebody else's fault that my daughter eats poorly

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't have time to track right now but I saw an article last week about a mother who was going after Nike because he son was shot for the new pair of Air Jordans he had just bought at the mall.

The mother's argument was that if Nike made the shoes more available, her son would still be alive.

Don't have time to track right now but I saw an article last week about a mother who was going after Nike because he son was shot for the new pair of Air Jordans he had just bought at the mall.

The mother's argument was that if Nike made the shoes more available, her son would still be alive.

I rarely if ever blame the parents for acting ridiculous in these situations because anyone who just lost their child is entitled to act a little irrationally, but the lawyer who agreed to take the case should be shot (or at least disbarred).

Is this it?

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/willowbrook-mom-speaks-after-son-shot-over-air-jordan-shoes/article_af126df8-d460-11e2-aec5-0019bb2963f4.html

I rarely if ever blame the parents for acting ridiculous in these situations because anyone who just lost their child is entitled to act a little irrationally, but the lawyer who agreed to take the case should be shot (or at least disbarred).

Did you read the dead drunk guy thread on TSW?

Oh, that's beautiful. Not only is it Nike's fault that her son's dead, but it's Nike's fault that four guys shot and robbed him for his shoes. Just beautiful. What's next, blaming obesity on McDonalds?...

...oh, yeah. Nevermind.

Missed it.

Your missing a real gem. Did you know that if you get drunk at a Bills game, it's the Buffalo Bills' responsibility to see that you get home alive and safe? :wacko:

I'm suing Ty, Inc. because I invested my kids' entire college fund in Beanie Babies and now they're worthless. Ty should have told me they were just selling me cutie little beanbags that weren't worth anything more than the $1.99 I paid for them.

If the lawyer was shot, his/her family could join in the suit against Nike. Because it would be Nike's fault the kid was shot causing his mother to sue, causing you to shoot her lawyer.

You didn't kill that lawyer. Someone else made that happen.

sigh...

HFCS probably is bad for you, the research tends to point in the direction, and there have been warning about other additives and sweeteners like Phenylalanine for years.... if you haven't noticed you're developmentally delayed.

My guess is the girl was a big fat person, and became diabetic because of her overeating and lack of activity. If you don't want to take the risk, you don't want to be exposed, only eat food which on the label you can recognize and pronounce. better yet, avoid any processed foods and start from raw elements...

Its probably no different than the brain trauma cases in the NFL right now, or the people sued the Tobacco compaines when they got lung cancer.... the question is, is it a organizations repsonsibility to make consumers aware fo all potential evidence of harm/ additction/ damage of a product or behavior, or is it the reposnsbility of the citizen to have common sense such as running into other men weighing 260 lbs for 10 years is bad for the noodle, or that inhaling smoke for 30 years would be harmful, or that being obese is dangerous to ones health, no matter how you got there?

Its probably no different than the brain trauma cases in the NFL right now, or the people sued the Tobacco compaines when they got lung cancer.... the question is, is it a organizations repsonsibility to make consumers aware fo all potential evidence of harm/ additction/ damage of a product or behavior, or is it the reposnsbility of the citizen to have common sense such as running into other men weighing 260 lbs for 10 years is bad for the noodle, or that inhaling smoke for 30 years would be harmful, or that being obese is dangerous to ones health, no matter how you got there?

Being a supporter of the rights of the individual,

along with that goes the responsibilities.

So put me down for "common sense".

sigh...

HFCS probably is bad for you, the research tends to point in the direction, and there have been warning about other additives and sweeteners like Phenylalanine for years.... if you haven't noticed you're developmentally delayed.

My guess is the girl was a big fat person, and became diabetic because of her overeating and lack of activity. If you don't want to take the risk, you don't want to be exposed, only eat food which on the label you can recognize and pronounce. better yet, avoid any processed foods and start from raw elements...

40-50 years ago we lived on soda, candy bars, chips and twinkies and we were all bean poles. We also only had three tv stations and no video games.

Being a supporter of the rights of the individual,

along with that goes the responsibilities.

So put me down for "common sense".

If there is hard evidence that the is substance is poison, and it is deliberatly hidden from consumers, do you feel there should be a route of recourse on the side of the person hurt or damaged?

40-50 years ago we lived on soda, candy bars, chips and twinkies and we were all bean poles. We also only had three tv stations and no video games.

and you had to lug blocks of ice up 12 flights of stairs, and walk to and from school up hill both ways in 3 feet of snow to, right? lol

We played street hockey- got home at 3PM, played until the lights came on, in the winter until our fingers were numb. there were not many fat kids in our group, and video games where just coming out...

It really not different than fat adults- we eat to many calories, work sedentary jobs and sit on the couch too much... its amamzing once you start tracking calories and moving around everyday how all of sudden you are no longer fat... hmmmm

If there is hard evidence that the is substance is poison, and it is deliberatly hidden from consumers, do you feel there should be a route of recourse on the side of the person hurt or damaged?

Of course.

I also agree with Chef Jim.

Coming from a family of nine kids, and a Mother who thought a stick of butter improved the taste of everything, our diets were not what you would want today,

but we were all as skinny as rails, because we were active from dawn to dusk.

Of course.

I also agree with Chef Jim.

Coming from a family of nine kids, and a Mother who thought a stick of butter improved the taste of everything, our diets were not what you would want today,

but we were all as skinny as rails, because we were active from dawn to dusk.

Oh man you just reminded me. When my dad grilled steaks outdoors in the summer he ran a stick of butter over each one as it came off the grill. :lol: