T Jax released

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You were first so I'll use your thread.

I figured the Bills would cut either Kolb or Jackson. Didn't think it would happen this soon, but better to give TJax a chance to catch on elsewhere, and EJ more reps to help him acclimate to the starting position come week 1. ;)

Well, I think it was obvious it was going to be TJ or Kolb. Guess they saw enough of him in OTA's to make that decision.

The question now is whether Tuel gets the 3rd spot or they cut him and put him on the PS (if he shows anything) and keep Brad Smith as the emergency QB/utility man?

I'd say this is the better option, free's up a roster spot.

I hope he doesn't have TOO much info on the basic playbook to give to whichever team he lands on (hopefully not a team in the AFC East). Thats one thing that becomes playing chess when releasing players. You have to teach them the playbook but not fully just in case they get released. Being a coach sure isnt fun when it comes to that cuz it's a business, not high school football where you know your players are there til the end.

At least this ends the nonsensical "TJ is gonna be the starter!" conversation...

Says to me EJ is coming along fine (or even fast) and they want him to get more reps and hopefully win the job. I think / hope he starts day 1.

Well, I think it was obvious it was going to be TJ or Kolb. Guess they saw enough of him in OTA's to make that decision.

I'd say this is the better option, free's up a roster spot.

If Tuel has anything worth developing, I wouldn't chance exposing him to the rest of the league.

Now the Pats can cut Tebow and pick up TJax. :lol:

I was thinking that as well. Or at least, another AFC East team. Not that I think he'll remember any of the playbook, if rumors about him not being able to learn Gailey's playbook last year were true.

Really upset that he never got a chance to play in a game but that could be attributed to the fact that he apparently couldn't pick up the playbook. Either way, it pretty much makes it a two man battle from here on out.

I was more shocked when they resigned him then when I just read they cut him

Remember when most ppl on this board were against cutting Fitz bc Bills didn't hv any other QB on the roster like it was impossible to completely overhaul the position yet that's exactly what the Bills did

I still think Kolb starts week 1 with EJ taking over by mid season

Edited by Max997