Tim Tebow to Pats

Mango

Wiff's aside, I don't see him being on the bench for the whole year. Hence the scenario discussions.

I do, that's if he even makes the final 53. I see no way that Tebow improves the Patriot offense. It's all opinion/conjecture at this juncture. So it remains to be seen.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll tell you this, I would never, ever take Tom Brady off the field for Tim Tebow.

Since Tebow will be working primarily as a quarterback, I think that eliminates a lot of the scenarios people throw around. Does he really have time to split his focus between improving as a quarterback, and learning how to block, catch and run routes? I wouldn't think so. That would eliminate any contribution as a TE, WR, h-back, fullback. The only position I can see him playing simultaneously with his work as a quarterback is a short yardage back, because it builds on his current skillset and doesn't require him to learn any brand new football skills.

IMO if he makes the roster it'll most likely be as simply a backup or third QB.

I do, that's if he even makes the final 53. I see no way that Tebow improves the Patriot offense. It's all opinion/conjecture at this juncture. So it remains to be seen.

Exactly. I don't think even Belichick, in his infinite arrogance, would think its a good idea to take a future hall of famer off the field so some scrub backup can come in and run a gimmick.

Exactly. I don't think even Belichick, in his infinite arrogance, would think its a good idea to take a future hall of famer off the field so some scrub backup can come in and run a gimmick.

I don't believe this is BB's idea. I think McDaniels convinced the Pats that this is a move that'll help them.

I will say this quickly because I don't want to read 14 pages of posts:

§ It strikes me as odd that most of the media are saying the Tebow signing is a masterful stroke. If any of 31 other teams signed him, they'd be getting lambasted/skewered!

§ Kudo's to James Walker – espn / AFCEast Blogger who said this is another step back by the Pats and this will move them farther away from contention for the Super Bowl.

§ Part of me feels this was a humane gesture by Belichek because of all the anti-Tebow rhetoric in the press. So even if Tebow is cut before the regular season, he will be able to save a little face. But then I think of how dispassionate that organization is toward players that have toiled for them (McGinest, Milloy, Welker + more).

Edited by Never NEVER Give-up

I will say this quickly because I don't want to read 14 pages of posts:

It strikes me as odd that most of the media are saying the Tebow signing is a masterful stroke. If any of 31 other teams signed him, they'd be getting lambasted/skewered!

Kudo's to James Walker – espn / AFCEast Blogger who said this is another step back by the Pats and this will move them farther away from contention for the Super Bowl.

Part of me feels this was a humane gesture by Belichek because of all the anti-Tebow rhetoric in the press. So even if Tebow is cut before the regular season, he will be able to save a little face. But then I think of how dispassionate that organization is toward players that have toiled for them (McGinest, Milloy, Welker + more).

If I think of any other off the top of my head thoughts I will let you know...reading previous posts is for chumps...

Edited by MOFO

Factor in the 80 yards on that one 5 yard pass with 75 YAC in overtime and that production is essentially what you would hope to get on average from your QB, not what you would laude him for for producing one time. You need only look at the QB play for the Bills since 2003 to see similar statistical anomalies. Ryan Fitzpatrick once threw for 370 yards in a win against New England. Trent Edwards was 10-6 as a starter upon entering the league. JP Losman and Kelly Holcomb produced a winning season and nearly guided the Bills to the playoffs in 2004. Given enough time, none of them passed the sniff test. Much like Tebow, when you look at their body of work as a whole and not based on the anomalous aspects, they sucked the majority of the time they were on the field.

Ok I call total biased BS on this typical anti tebow blabber....don't embarrass further and go watch a clip of the play. The ball was on the 20 after the kickoff.....the "5 yard throw" was thrown from the 15 to the the 38-39 yard line.....so if D. Thomas is tackled immediately, it is a 20 yard pass play. Even money says Tebow still throws for over 300yards against the #1 defense. By the way, that is the most passing yards given up by the Steelers that year. But continue on with baseless inaccurate statements. Edited by Garranimal

Ok I call total biased BS on this typical anti tebow blabber....don't embarrass further and go watch a clip of the play. The ball was on the 20 after the kickoff.....the "5 yard throw" was thrown from the 15 to the the 38-39 yard line.....so if D. Thomas is tackled immediately, it is a 20 yard pass play. Even money says Tebow still throws for over 300yards against the #1 defense. By the way, that is the most passing yards given up by the Steelers that year. But continue on with baseless inaccurate statements.

So how come he came out the very next week and got curb stomped by one of the worst defenses in the league? New England made him look stupid. So did a bunch of teams down the stretch at the end of the season. Including the Bills. If you're looking for an anomaly, that Steeler game was it. And he was still under 50% completions.

Ok I call total biased BS on this typical anti tebow blabber....don't embarrass further and go watch a clip of the play. The ball was on the 20 after the kickoff.....the "5 yard throw" was thrown from the 15 to the the 38-39 yard line.....so if D. Thomas is tackled immediately, it is a 20 yard pass play. Even money says Tebow still throws for over 300yards against the #1 defense. By the way, that is the most passing yards given up by the Steelers that year. But continue on with baseless inaccurate statements.

Regardless of another 15 yards, my point is that it was an anomaly. In the 17 games he's had significant playing time in, he's broken 200 yards passing 5 times, that includes his two 300 yard games. Two of those 200+ yard passing games were a 202 yard game and a 207 yard game.

Brady is not known for running but Tebow is. Why risk a HOF'er when you can run Tebow around?

I don't believe this is BB's idea. I think McDaniels convinced the Pats that this is a move that'll help them.

Doesn't matter whose idea it was, BB still has to sign off on it.

Brady is not known for running but Tebow is. Why risk a HOF'er when you can run Tebow around?

Who needs to "run around" when you have an all time great QB who can orchestrate a highly efficient offense by design. The premise is plainly ridiculous.

Doesn't matter whose idea it was, BB still has to sign off on it.

Agreed. Doesn't mean it makes any sense at all.

Tebow was along for the ride in that Pgh playoff game and had 1 great/miracle throw in OT to win it. But 10 for 21 passing won't get it done the majority of the time and there is no scenario where Tebow playing QB for the Pats improves their offense. Is he a better TE than what they have? Nope. A better FB? Maybe, but having him lead-block and exposing him to getting crushed doesn't seem very smart.