Tim Tebow to Pats

Mango

Factor in the 80 yards on that one 5 yard pass with 75 YAC in overtime and that production is essentially what you would hope to get on average from your QB, not what you would laude him for for producing one time. You need only look at the QB play for the Bills since 2003 to see similar statistical anomalies. Ryan Fitzpatrick once threw for 370 yards in a win against New England. Trent Edwards was 10-6 as a starter upon entering the league. JP Losman and Kelly Holcomb produced a winning season and nearly guided the Bills to the playoffs in 2004. Given enough time, none of them passed the sniff test. Much like Tebow, when you look at their body of work as a whole and not based on the anomalous aspects, they sucked the majority of the time they were on the field.

Ok I call total biased BS on this typical anti tebow blabber....don't embarrass further and go watch a clip of the play. The ball was on the 20 after the kickoff.....the "5 yard throw" was thrown from the 15 to the the 38-39 yard line.....so if D. Thomas is tackled immediately, it is a 20 yard pass play. Even money says Tebow still throws for over 300yards against the #1 defense. By the way, that is the most passing yards given up by the Steelers that year. But continue on with baseless inaccurate statements.

Garranimal, while you argue the minutiae of the discussion, the larger point is that Tebow has never consistently proven he can play quarterback competently in the NFL.

Like transient and others have pointed out, his good games have been the anomalies, the outlyers. As transient pointed out, numerous QBs have had very short term success but short term success means nothing in the NFL.

For god's sake, Kelly Holcomb threw for 430 yards and 3 TDs against the Steelers in a playoff game.

Tebow has proved nothing so far in the NFL.

This is not hate.

It's a cold, hard fact.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We held T Jackson prisoner for a season just to watch our biggest rivals snatch up Tebow. If we were just going to capture a QB to not play, we should have got Tebow just so NE couldn't have him.

Why do you care if they have him?

Garranimal, while you argue the minutiae of the discussion, the larger point is that Tebow has never consistently proven he can play quarterback competently in the NFL.

Like transient and others have pointed out, his good games have been the anomalies, the outlyers. As transient pointed out, numerous QBs have had very short term success but short term success means nothing in the NFL.

For god's sake, Kelly Holcomb threw for 430 yards and 3 TDs against the Steelers in a playoff game.

Tebow has proved nothing so far in the NFL.

This is not hate.

It's a cold, hard fact.

no it's simply your opinion....which for some reason, message boards have caused people to not understand the difference between facts and opinions.

Doc states he was along for the ride, yeah, so the other 236 passing yards and 40+ rushing yards were meaningless. The book on Tebow is certainly an open one and nothing has yet been decided. But versus other NFL QB's on rosters, like say Kyle Orton, he has a winning record on a team that before he was the starter sucked, and after he was the starter began winning.

this isn't like Matt Cassell or Matt Flynn (Rob Johnson anyone?) taking over very good teams with proven systems and doing well, this is a guy taking over a piss poor team and winning.....however you want to justify it, it is winning. P. Manning has come into that team and proven that an even better quarterback (versus K. Orton) has produced even better regular season results.

Am i claiming that Tebow is an elite QB, no, but I am claiming he is better than a lot of the backups out there who either have horrible w/l records or who have literally no NFL experience.

and by the way, getting "curb stomped" by the Patriots who went to the Superbowl that year isn't an embarrassment, it is the norm. Unless the broncos had won it all that year, there would always be a 'well why didn't they beat so and so"......yes, losing to arguably the best team that year is something to be ashamed of.

How did ol Fivehead Manning and the broncos fair against the pats last year? THEY GOT CURB STOMPED....so i guess it has something to do with the entire Broncos .....they were losing 31-7 at one point in that game.....EXPLAIN THAT ONE DOC!

Edited by Garranimal

Tebow was along for the ride in that Pgh playoff game and had 1 great/miracle throw in OT to win it. But 10 for 21 passing won't get it done the majority of the time and there is no scenario where Tebow playing QB for the Pats improves their offense. Is he a better TE than what they have? Nope. A better FB? Maybe, but having him lead-block and exposing him to getting crushed doesn't seem very smart.

This is along for the ride?? Nice revisionist history. Yes, the other broncos did everything possible to lose that game.....M. Willis, W. McGahee, Champ

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d825d5408/GameDay-Steelers-vs-Broncos-highlights

Gil Brandt,Bill Belichick's decision to add Tim Tebow a head-scratcher http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000211442/article/bill-belichicks-decision-to-add-tim-tebow-a-headscratcher

DeSean Jackson questions Tim Tebow's consistency at QB: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000211402/article/desean-jackson-questions-tim-tebows-consistency-at-qb

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Gil Brandt,Bill Belichick's decision to add Tim Tebow a head-scratcher http://www.nfl.com/n...a-headscratcher

DeSean Jackson questions Tim Tebow's consistency at QB: http://www.nfl.com/n...nsistency-at-qb

Gil Brandt has been very vocal and upfront about his opinion of Tebow (in fact the first 1/3 of the article basically chronicles several of his articles in which he bags on Tebow) which means he has some pride at stake........and is that the desean jackson who was tied for 5th in the league in dropped passes in 2011 and tied for 8th in 2010? Pot meet kettle. Edited by Garranimal

Wait... What? Tebow isn't competition for anyone on that team.

When the guy next to you is working hard, it has an effect. It's human nature. Mallett is a big talent with a reputation for a shaky work ethics. Tebow and Brady provide him with two examples of how to work. Maybe it's nothing, but neither you nor I know what goes on inside the Pats' complex.

Hard work is contagious.

How much did the "spirituality" of Tim Tebow appeal to the New England Patriots before they decided to sign him this week? Patriots owner Robert Kraft mentioned the word three times in explaining to reporters why Tebow appealed so much to his franchise.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2013-06-12/tim-tebow-new-england-patriots-quarterback-owner-robert-kraft-nfl-roster-brady

As to SJBF saying that the pats likely will tell him to stay away from the media... well, yea, duh. are the pats tebow haters too joe?

its actually official nfl policy that the pats are going to utilize to prevent the sideshow.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/tebow_spirituality_big_reason_why_TSUiLnqBe0DXS8cucxk2sJ

"Moreover, all NFL clubs are allowed by league rules to have two “star” players who only have to speak to the media once per week, and the Patriots announced yesterday that Tebow -- a third-stringer -- and Brady are their two designated stars."

Edited by NoSaint

no it's simply your opinion....which for some reason, message boards have caused people to not understand the difference between facts and opinions.

Doc states he was along for the ride, yeah, so the other 236 passing yards and 40+ rushing yards were meaningless. The book on Tebow is certainly an open one and nothing has yet been decided. But versus other NFL QB's on rosters, like say Kyle Orton, he has a winning record on a team that before he was the starter sucked, and after he was the starter began winning.

this isn't like Matt Cassell or Matt Flynn (Rob Johnson anyone?) taking over very good teams with proven systems and doing well, this is a guy taking over a piss poor team and winning.....however you want to justify it, it is winning. P. Manning has come into that team and proven that an even better quarterback (versus K. Orton) has produced even better regular season results.

Am i claiming that Tebow is an elite QB, no, but I am claiming he is better than a lot of the backups out there who either have horrible w/l records or who have literally no NFL experience.

and by the way, getting "curb stomped" by the Patriots who went to the Superbowl that year isn't an embarrassment, it is the norm. Unless the broncos had won it all that year, there would always be a 'well why didn't they beat so and so"......yes, losing to arguably the best team that year is something to be ashamed of.

How did ol Fivehead Manning and the broncos fair against the pats last year? THEY GOT CURB STOMPED....so i guess it has something to do with the entire Broncos .....they were losing 31-7 at one point in that game.....EXPLAIN THAT ONE DOC!

This is along for the ride?? Nice revisionist history. Yes, the other broncos did everything possible to lose that game.....M. Willis, W. McGahee, Champ

http://www.nfl.com/v...ncos-highlights

As SJBF said, even Kelly Holcomb had a great playoff game (against the same Steelers), and it ultimately meant nothing for his career. And as I said before, there is nothing that Tebow does that Brady doesn't do better. While he's unproven as a TE or FB.

Just a heads up that there are several people in this thread who are going on vacation if they continue to make things personal instead of sticking to the subject at hand.

Tebow once sent $2000 to a Nigerian scammer, and actually received his $2.7 million inheritance

Ohhhhh YUM!!! I LOVE that!!!...laughed so much I teared up!! Beautiful!! Whew........I needed that..........

All talk aside.........have you watched his games?? Did you enjoy them??

I watched Gator football just to see Tebow play 'cause it was a blast!! He was one of a kind. Thrilling...When he took over for Orton in Denver, I watched every game just to see him play. Thrilling....

Those comebacks against Miami and Chicago were thrilling to watch. I had a blast. You don't get to see games like that every week.

I wish folks could be purely objective....Dude's fun to watch. Yep....kinda like Flutie was fun to watch.

Doug Flutie was the main reason I even started watching the Bills. I never saw anything like him before. Thrilling....'Flutie Magic'......sigh.......those were the days.....YUM!! Watching Flutie was the last time I really enjoyed a Bills game.