What happened to the word take?

OK, admittedly it raining, windy as hell, cold and I can't get out fishing.

Nevertheless, I have a bone to pick with the evolution of the word bring and the almost total extinction of the word take. For example, bring is a word used by a speaker when he/she is at the destination place, e.g., "Bring it when you come over tomorrow" or when the listener is at the place of destination, "When you come over, bring it with you." For some reason, the word bring is used currently when neither the speaker nor the listener is at the place of destination, e.g., "Bring it to the doctor this afternoon" when the proper way to say that sentence is, "Take it to the doctor this afternoon." Awkward construction appears to rule the day here in the 21st Century in the context of these two words.

Look, I'm old and cranky, so don't B word about my posts!

take these sh**ty posts somewhere else and bring me a goddam beer. I also like how you complain about 'bring' and 'take' when you can't 'get out fishing'...are you trying to get it out of your rug? try a mild soap and water

Nevertheless, I have a bone to pick with the evolution of the word bring and the almost total extinction of the word take. For example, bring is a word used by a speaker when he/she is at the destination place, e.g., "Bring it when you come over tomorrow" or when the listener is at the place of destination, "When you come over, bring it with you." For some reason, the word bring is used currently when neither the speaker nor the listener is at the place of destination, e.g., "Bring it to the doctor this afternoon" when the proper way to say that sentence is, "Take it to the doctor this afternoon." Awkward construction appears to rule the day here in the 21st Century in the context of these two words.

Edited by The Poojer

take these sh**ty posts somewhere else and bring me a goddam beer. I also like how you complain about 'bring' and 'take' when you can't 'get out fishing'...are you trying to get it out of your rug? try a mild soap and water

well done sir. Well done

That's a very uninteresting take. My advice to you is take a deep breath. That's all I got, take it or leave it but don't take all day making up your mind.

That's a very uninteresting take. My advice to you is take a deep breath. That's all I got, take it or leave it but don't take all day making up your mind.

You got it all wrong BB. I think you meant to say this:

That's a very uninteresting bring. My advice to you is bring a deep breath. That's all I got, bring it or leave it but don't bring all day making up your mind.

Edited by mrags

This reminds me of when Eddie Money killed a guy on the Mexican border and asked me to take him some water. Or when Sir Elton John requested that he was brought to the pilot.

For it's one, two, three strikes yer out ...

Take what to the doctor this afternoon?

This reminds me...anyone know what happened to Stuckincincy?

This reminds me...anyone know what happened to Stuckincincy?

He disappeared when we found out he was really Frankenstein.

anyone know what happened to Skooby?

Does anybody really care? TSW is about 1.5 million posts lighter now than it would have been had he stayed around.

Uh, why do they call it taking a dump when yore supposed to leave a dump?

that's thue use that always confuses me. If it were literal it would be totally disgusting. So you do have to wonder why it never has been leave a dump or leave a piss.