Drinking-the-Kool-Ade Question

This is the time of year I chug it by the gallon. Yesterday I was so impressed they signed Ligursky (a FA lineman comes for a visit and they sign him RIGHT THEN AND THERE!) that I had to catch myself. They did about the same thing with Lawson, and while I'd like to think the new Front Office is aggressively upgrading left and right, the truth is more that they picked up journeymen who will help but, hey, hold up a minute, c'mon, they're no better or worse than a lot of other FA's out on the street and no balance of power has shifted.

So my question, on a boring Thursday when I'm itching for even preseason so there's football activity to watch: what's the most extreme buy-in you've made that forced you to catch yourself and say "hey, hold up a minute, c'mon" even before you saw a game?

Edited by Ennjay

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not drinking anything this year. rookie HC equals two losses. New offense equals three losses. New defense equals three losses. each rookie starter equals a loss (estimate by old skins HC George Allen). We will be lucky to win 6.

I am not drinking anything this year. rookie HC equals two losses. New offense equals three losses. New defense equals three losses. each rookie starter equals a loss (estimate by old skins HC George Allen). We will be lucky to win 6.

The math doesn't add up. So Jim Harbaugh really didn't take over an 8-8 team and then go 13-3, then to the NFC championship his rookie coaching year? The actually went 3-13?

The math doesn't add up. So Jim Harbaugh really didn't take over an 8-8 team and then go 13-3, then to the NFC championship his rookie coaching year? The actually went 3-13?

And I guess the Colts had negative wins last year?

Last year they won six with no head coach (Chan was really just the OC). A defense from 1989. A back up QB, one WR and no LBs. I can't imagine that these coaches and players could be that bad.

George Allen's playoff record is 2-7.

:lol: particularly the added vitamin. Then again, no one is forcing us to drink it...and after 10+ years I'm no longer thirsty.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :worthy::w00t:

I think the kool-aid at OBD has been a by-product of Monsanto since 2000, as the Bills win loss record since then is 82-126.

Edited by Jerry Jabber

What Coupon Book did you steal this gem of an idea from??

This is the time of year I chug it by the gallon. Yesterday I was so impressed they signed Ligursky (a FA lineman comes for a visit and they sign him RIGHT THEN AND THERE!) that I had to catch myself. They did about the same thing with Lawson, and while I'd like to think the new Front Office is aggressively upgrading left and right, the truth is more that they picked up journeymen who will help but, hey, hold up a minute, c'mon, they're no better or worse than a lot of other FA's out on the street and no balance of power has shifted.

So my question, on a boring Thursday when I'm itching for even preseason so there's football activity to watch: what's the most extreme buy-in you've made that forced you to catch yourself and say "hey, hold up a minute, c'mon" even before you saw a game?

I'm glad i'm not the only one who Believes the Buffalo Bills are Bowl Bound Baby!

First, there are 16 games in a season.

Second, there are 3 post season games they will win.

So that makes it 19-0. That is all.

I was being more realistic than canks...but im fine with 19-0 (or 17-0)

we play to win the game!

11-3. that's my prediction. HEARD IT HERE FIRST

trust me,

Canks

Edited by MOFO