Getting Sunday Ticket discounted or free

I can't get the service anymore since moving into a different apartment, but I know they now have other options for sunday ticket. Is anyone a non-subscriber to DTV but still ordering the ticket? If so, are you using a play station? Smart phone? Laptop?

I use a playstation and it works well. Only complaint I have s there is about a 3-5 second delay so if you are chatting with someone(s) while watching it is an issue.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying that this year, too. Hopefully, it is as straightforward as it appears and allows watching on tablet or maybe even PS3?

Amazon still has preorders available.

PS3 isn't available. I am hoping, though, that I can use AirPlay to stream from iPad to TV.

I called for another reason last night & after that ended, I mentioned the Ticket. They offered me $147.96 (4 payments of $36.99) for ST Max, a $150 savings from the "retail" cost of $300. I probably could have negotiated more, but I took it since it was much better than I paid last year.

I called for another reason last night & after that ended, I mentioned the Ticket. They offered me $147.96 (4 payments of $36.99) for ST Max, a $150 savings from the "retail" cost of $300. I probably could have negotiated more, but I took it since it was much better than I paid last year.

That's what they did for me too, then comped the $148! Also got free HD for a year, free Starz and Showtime, and $5 off HBO. Not bad for a 20 minute call.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I just logged into my DirecTV account to look at my bill, and there's an entry dated 6/12/13 for Sunday Ticket Max HD at a cost of $0.

Thoughts on whether this is a placeholder, or if they might really just be giving it to me for free? Has anyone else on the automatic renewal plan been charged yet?

PS3 isn't available. I am hoping, though, that I can use AirPlay to stream from iPad to TV.

Was the PS3 non-availability announced somewhere? That's what I've run the past two years and it's been awesome.

Last year I got the "Digital Only" subscription (Which was $50 less than the PS subscription) and I could use the u/n p/w on my iPhone, iPad and PS3!

I'll be seriously bumming if it's not coming back to PS3, that was my favorite device to watch from (my iPad 1 would not AirPlay to the TV).

I decided to get the special edition of Madden which includes a digital subscription.

Trying that this year, too. Hopefully, it is as straightforward as it appears and allows watching on tablet or maybe even PS3?

Amazon still has preorders available.

Ticket without DTV is only if you "can't get DTV," which essentially means you live on a house boat.

Madden for non-DTV'ers means $10 off DTV and one year of The Ticket.

Was the PS3 non-availability announced somewhere? That's what I've run the past two years and it's been awesome.

Last year I got the "Digital Only" subscription (Which was $50 less than the PS subscription) and I could use the u/n p/w on my iPhone, iPad and PS3!

I'll be seriously bumming if it's not coming back to PS3, that was my favorite device to watch from (my iPad 1 would not AirPlay to the TV).

I'll be checking back in to get confirmation that it won't be through ps3 this year...

Ok, I just logged into my DirecTV account to look at my bill, and there's an entry dated 6/12/13 for Sunday Ticket Max HD at a cost of $0.

Thoughts on whether this is a placeholder, or if they might really just be giving it to me for free? Has anyone else on the automatic renewal plan been charged yet?

It's the annual auto-renew placeholder. Time to negotiate with Customer Retention for a deal.

Ticket without DTV is only if you "can't get DTV," which essentially means you live on a house boat.

Madden for non-DTV'ers means $10 off DTV and one year of The Ticket.

I'll be checking back in to get confirmation that it won't be through ps3 this year...

or... an apartment building?

houseboats i suppose would be relevant too, for our houseboat dwelling posters.

I use a playstation and it works well. Only complaint I have s there is about a 3-5 second delay so if you are chatting with someone(s) while watching it is an issue.

Ha - that would drive me crazy with the Shoutbox, they were just a bit ahead...

I just paid my Directv bill and they haven't started the auto renewal charges yet. I'll wait to see how the Bills do in the pre-season before I commit. Then if I decide to go for it I will call and play the "Bills Stink" card, which has worked every year for the past 13. Let the discounts roll!

Then if I decide to go for it I will call and play the "Bills Stink" card, which has worked every year for the past 13. Let the discounts roll!

Not saying I don't believe you, but I wonder what criteria DTV uses to validate your claim that your team "stinks" and thus you deserve a discount. For example, how do they know you're really a Bills fan and not a 49ers fan? Does a 2-2 preseason record suffice to prove "stinkiness" of your team or does your team need to go 1-3 or worse? Does DTV put a lot of stock in preseason as a gauge of your team's crappiness or do they look at past seasons' records? Or is the whole thing really just a bizarre game where the rep at the other end just spins a wheel or flips a coin and then tells you what if any discount you "deserve"? Edited by BillnutinHouston

Not saying I don't believe you, but I wonder what criteria DTV uses to validate your claim that your team "stinks" and thus you deserve a discount. For example, how do they know you're really a Bills fan and not a 49ers fan? Does a 2-2 preseason record suffice to prove "stinkiness" of your team or does your team need to go 1-3 or worse? Does DTV put a lot of stock in preseason as a gauge of your team's crappiness or do they look at past seasons' records? Or is the whole thing really just a bizarre game where the rep at the other end just spins a wheel or flips a coin and then tells you what if any discount you "deserve"?

I'm guessing its simply that late in the renewal season, most pushback is met with discounting. Pretty sure you are putting too much thought into it.

I just paid my Directv bill and they haven't started the auto renewal charges yet. I'll wait to see how the Bills do in the pre-season before I commit. Then if I decide to go for it I will call and play the "Bills Stink" card, which has worked every year for the past 13. Let the discounts roll!

What does the performance of the Bills have to do with your desire to renew the ticket? I thought we bought the ticket to watch other teams.

or... an apartment building?

houseboats i suppose would be relevant too, for our houseboat dwelling posters.

Good luck with the apartment pitch. Having spoken with a DTV rep last year, he basically said house boat, RV or homeless are the only conditions that justify DTV "ineligible."

They just haven't started billing yet.

I just call and ask for discounts and they give then to me. I've had DirecTV for over 12 years now and have never had to threaten to cancel or yell and scream to get discounts.

From what I understand, it's just a "Can you get DirectTV?" "Yes/No", no big annoying check or anything.

Either way, my building doesn't allow dishes, so I'm good.

the NFL RedZone is where it's at...

on sundays, every touchdown from every game, live look ins, key plays, fantasy stats, highlights, scores, all in high definition. you can keep your eye on every game. non stop action and NO COMMERCIALS !!

then they sign off the air with a touchdown montage of every score from that day. usually around 60 TD's in chronological order, one right after the other.

http://www.amazon.co...rd_i=B00CF7KVMI

Do I need a DirecTV subscription to access NFL Sunday Ticket?

No, it's not necessary to have a DirecTV subscription. Each Anniversary Edition includes a code that can be redeemed to access the full 2013 regular season (17 weeks) of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices

Can I watch NFL Sunday Ticket on my PS3 by purchasing the Anniversary Edition?

No, this only provides access to NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices.

Edited by Dorkington

From what I understand, it's just a "Can you get DirectTV?" "Yes/No", no big annoying check or anything.

Either way, my building doesn't allow dishes, so I'm good.

Again, not according to the guy I talked to. And no building can "not allow" dishes, so I'm told by DTV.

http://www.amazon.co...rd_i=B00CF7KVMI

Do I need a DirecTV subscription to access NFL Sunday Ticket?

No, it's not necessary to have a DirecTV subscription. Each Anniversary Edition includes a code that can be redeemed to access the full 2013 regular season (17 weeks) of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices

Can I watch NFL Sunday Ticket on my PS3 by purchasing the Anniversary Edition?

No, this only provides access to NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices.

This, however, is promising.